How does one make the perfect pan cooked burger? Dry or moist. Medium or well-done ?

How does one make the perfect pan cooked burger? Dry or moist. Medium or well-done ?

Other urls found in this thread:

aht.seriouseats.com/images/2012/09/20120916-smashed-burgers-graph.jpg
aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-the-worlds-best-burger-for-a-single-man-or-woman.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

85/15 ground beef formed into a patty and seasoned liberally with salt and pepper. Put it in a hot pan with no extra fat. When the brown starts creeping up the sides flip it over and continue cooking to your desired doneness. I do medium rare if it's decent meat, medium if it's cheap, 100 cows in a bite, type stuff.

No bread crumbs, egg, or Westchester sauce?

Moist, cooked to medium/medium-well.

At the risk of being branded as some heretic, I mix a heaping tablespoon of beefstock powder into a pound of 80/20 ground beef rather than salt. Then I form my patties, get my pan hot, cook one side, flip, top with sautéed mushrooms and onions and a slice of cheese then remove to a bun, two slices of sandwich bread or two slices of toast and consume.

I like a good meatloaf sandwich as well, but that's all filler in a burger (well, maybe a little fish sauce and/or garlic powder might makes it's way in every now and then).

Oh okay. I'm always worried that my purgers will end up too tough if I don't include the egg. How does one prevent a burger from being too dry?

Don't overcook it, don't press it down and squeeze out the moisture.

Most people will say to use 80/20 ground beef for burgers because the fat content will keep it moist. That's good for grilling, but if you're cooking it in a pan it's going to be swimming in a pool of fat.

I made some 40/60 burgers a few weeks ago :)

I go to the drive through
pay money
go home
eat burgers

>drive through
fucking degenerate

Okay either im retarded or my dad is or something. All websites say you can roughly cook a hamburger on the grill or pan in like 10 minutes, 5 on each side or so. The problem is that when my dad cooks them hes doing it like 30 minutes and mines like 20+ or so and even then it can still have a lot of pink on mine. Am I being tricked or is the heat not high enough? If I turn it up they burn on the outside I dont fucking GET IT.

No matter what, DO NOT FORGET that unless you want your patties to puff up into giant shifty balls when you cook them,

form your patties. Pat down the middle and make a little concave.

Perfect burgies that you can comfortably fit into your mouth.

No breadcrumbs, eggs or Worcestershire for me though. Sometimes I'll add a packet of onion soup mix or powdered ranch if I want to mix it up though.

>no Worcestershire or eggs

not OP, but i was under the impression that the burgers will fall apart if you dont include an egg
also curious as to why you dont add Worcestershire

A burger wont fall apart if it has enough fat, and the heat is high enough to give it a good sear and release before you try to flip it.

Worcestershire is a matter of preference. Some people just prefer straight beef flavor seasoned with salt and pepper.

No, they won't fall apart. Worcestershire adds nice flavor, but isn't necessary.

>using a hamburger weight on a grill

it's obviously not hot enough. or they're just too fucking big and it really does take that long but I doubt it

Fried tempeh
Bok choy as lettuce
Tomatoes
Nutritional yeast based cheese
Red onions
Cholula
Kaiser rolls

I love being vegan

What condiments add some sweetness to my burger?

The other day I had a burger which was delicious but it was just so savory.

Really needed some sweetness to break it all up.

Had grilled onion and tomato on there but really didn't add the sweetness I needed to complement the other flavors.

Also had bacon, sliced dill pickles, spinach and dijon mustard.

Ketchup is the obvious thing that comes to mind. Any other suggestions?

do you hate the juicy, dryfag?

Sweet pickles? I add sugar to my boogers desu.

aht.seriouseats.com/images/2012/09/20120916-smashed-burgers-graph.jpg

It's worth smashing them to get a better crust, but you have to do it quickly.

Brown sugar? How much per 100g?

i'm a u.s.fag, so i dunno how much 100g's is. But I add a teaspoon or two of whatever sugar i have around, per 2 burgers. It doesn't really change much though, i doubt you would taste it. I would try caramelized onions.

>But I add a teaspoon or two of whatever sugar

mother of christ, do amerifatties really do this?

My favorite blog.

>sugar makes you fat

well meme'd

Ground black pepper, roasted chopped pablano peppers, and breadcrumbs mixed well with the ground beef.

Extra salted butter in the pan.

Usually cook mine to about medium if not just below.

caramelized onions sempai

This.
>go to Culver's
>get butterburger with bacon on it
>get some nice and crispy fries with it

>tfw no Culvers here in North Florida and I'm driving down to Central Florida this weekend where in the last couple years they've been opening the first Culvers locations in the state

I'd never been to one before a couple months ago, it's so good. Delicious juicy burgers, great onion rings and shakes. Excellent customer service and the restaraunts are very clean. It reminded me alot of Chic-fil-a with its polite employees, spotless dining rooms and bathrooms, and the professional and pleasant managers helping serve food and chatting and joking pleasantly with customers at their tables as they ask them how their meal was and if they can get them anything. It's a little expensive but the food and the service are worth it.

Had Culver's for the first time yesterday. Double cheesburger was pretty good. Wife loved the milkshake.

Pricey but that's what burgers seem to be nowadays. And still need to go to a local bar if you want medium rare.

It seems like my burgers hold together better if I salt the outside instead of mixing it in.

Culver's costs a little bit more than a big mac meal does. They're competitive from what I've seen.

u kno you don't have to do pushups on it family, just having it there cooks the burger twice as fast and more evenly with no moisture loss :^)

People really make burgers with eggs and breadcrumbs?

sorry bro
lunch yesterday at Culver's was $14
McDonalds the day before, comparable meal for 2, $8

Fucking Jennifer Tilley and those heaven sent perfect tits... I used to crush on her so hard as a teenager.

Last time I checked, a big mac meal will run you about $7

A double deluxe value basket runs about $8

Her tits + her voice gave me a strong wood

Did you get 4 double cheeseburgers? Culver's prices are only good if you get baskets.

cool. don't try to climb Mt Everest though; you wont have enough energy.

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-the-worlds-best-burger-for-a-single-man-or-woman.html