Wait wait wait, let me get this straight...

Wait wait wait, let me get this straight. You invest centralised currency into a decentralised currency in hopes of earning more decentralised currency to only then cash back out to a centralised currency? And to top it off everybody in this space only cares about how the value of their currency is measured in a centralised currency.
Pic very much related.

I don't care about the centralized currency actually. I wish it would die already.

Don't care about the principle. I just want money

This and it will eventually.

My fiat currency only goes one way. ETH.
I only invest in alts to accumulate more ETH.

Do you ever sell to fiat (tether)? then rebuy? Or just HODL...what about paying for food?

No,
for one I have more money now than I can spend (my crypto stack would last for 15 years living at my current standards)
and second I still have some hope for the cryptocurrency revolution. C'mon, there just needs to be 1 supermarket that has a customer card that uses crypto and then a) you can buy food with that and b) the in that scenario the value of that currency and thus most other currencies get tangible value. If e.g. Starbucks actually realize their implication and I can load up my stupid Starbucks card on Bittrex instead of trading with fiat every other month, then I'd do it.

Eventually, we won't need to "cash out" to a centralized currency.

I'd be glad to pay with crypto if more places accepted it.

>to only then cash back out to a centralised currency?
Wrong, bucko. I plan on holding so long that centralized currency dies out completely. Fiat currencies are a sick joke, and every day the general populace is becoming more and more woke.

NO I offer to sell my ponzi coins to people who are dumb enough to buy into a ponzi by trading the coins for ETH, because in this ponzi members aren't allowed to sell their coins, but since I'm not a member the people controlling to ponzi can't punish me because I don't actually have any coins to sell. I just take their ETH and invest into my crypto index funds and return their ETH back to them at a later date with some interest.

Yes, the trick is to be aware of this in order to cash out in time

ib4, muh new technology

Yep pretty much. Congrats, you’re aware of the Ponzi scheme.

Now, time to make as much money as you can while everyone praises muh blockchain technology.

Went back to fiat a few times to buy the swing. It was risky though, last time I did I lost around 15%.
No issues with living costs. Crypto is my plan B, I have a job that I like, I can afford to lose everything that I invested.

I honestly believe in the potential of blockchain. Not only as a currency, but as a mean to reduce corruption.
Maybe it'll die, maybe another more efficient technology will rise. For now, I'm in.

Yes. And if decentralized money becomes a meme enough to bring back old US ideals, even better.

You don't know what you are talking about, it's just a database

A transparent and immutable database.

Wow op it's almost like I can turn anything into it's simplest terms if I try hard enough. Anyways, the hope is to one day to be able to strictly use crypto for monetary needs. The only reason it is measured in fiat is because that is currently what the system recognizes as legal tender for all debts public and private. The moment crypto is adopted, you can bet everything will be priced in BTC, ETH, NEO, etc.

>He's figured it out.
>Crash it.

You understand that the retarded mining process is needed to make sure that this whole piece of shit does not break down? Everyone who actually understands that tech and/or is working on it says that off chain solutions are the only why, because with the small usage at the moment the tech is already at it's peak.

And please, no that shit about bigger blocks, because this is the way into centralization.

It's fucking hard to argue with people, because most of the regards who are using buzz words like block chain, actually have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

That's why I mentioned more efficient technology. Energy is the key, and mining at a huge scale is a waste of energy. If nobody achieves better consensus methods, blockchain will die for sure.
Blockchain is still a young, immature technology. Give it time to prove (or disprove) itself.

>implying block chain isn't here to fucking stay

Forgot to add, I totally agree with you about retards throwing around "muh bigger blocks" "muh LN", without knowing what it's about.

LN is the only thing that BTC needs. waht the fuck are you talking about

My thoughts are the same on this matter. The tech is at its peak with regards to power consumption. And desu other than pedophiles, drugs dealers and NEETs ...nobody uses BTC or crypto. Imagine what happens if the tech were used on mass scale.

I feel as if 'blockchain' is like the early internet (LAN / Token-Ring) ....we have yet to see fibre optic with high speeds....its not been invented yet. I dont think blockchain is the answer.

This. Only a fool would cash out.
>b-but ATH... b-but I rich nao
Reinvest your gains and play for fiat irl. No way do you wanna sell when crypto is still in its infancy

>everyone knows what buttcoin is
>crypto is still in its infancy

>only thing
Honest question: Why?

It is early, that's why no one can say it's not an answer. Many people legitimately didn't believe in the internet in the 90s.

BTC will then be adopted as the main currency once LN proves itself

It does not answer my question.

Your question is why does bitcoin only need LN to succeed, right? You fucking queer?

That's the only thing that is holding it back

Don't you think it's a huge step back from decentralization as it is?

Protip kids: transparent blockchains are not money.

To be honest with you, I don't even know what the fuck lightning network is. I just like to spout random shit on here.

I mostly come here for the memes, and fudding random coins. Sometimes for discussing.

fudding is hilarious when they take the bait

Kys scamming pajeet faggot.

This is why Ethpyramid was created.

>Reddit detected.

Go. Back.