Saturated fat makes you sick

>Saturated fat makes you sick
>Saturated fat causes heart disease
Several meta-analysies have proven the hypothesis wrong.
bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3978
Meanwhile, breast milk is full of saturated fat, humans store extra energy as saturated fat. So nature is trying to poison people. Increased saturated fat consumption also lowers risk of stroke and eating fat keeps you full and keeps you from gaining weight.
Meanwhile eating processed industrial vegetable oils clog up your arteries.
So are you enjoying full fat meals made with healthy natural fats, like butter, tallow, lard and cream?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/03/19/dietary-fat-and-heart-disease-study-is-seriously-misleading/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ftoy6jqxm8
thefreelibrary.com/Fat under fire: new findings or shaky science?-a0367966232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop

>So nature is trying to poison people
obviously, living things are supposed to die
air is literally poison too

I know your article is dated last year, but this is incredibly old news. Anyone who actually cares about their dietary health has already known this for a long long time.

enjoy your heart disease famalam

Why can't people just be moderate
>~10g fats per meal from whole foods(nuts, meat, eggs, dairy, fish, seeds)
>30g+ protein per meal
>carbs from whole grains, legumes, tubers, fruit

There's been some vegan evangelists on CK lately and they've been saying saturated fat is bad as part of their argument.

>sweer potato

One of the referenced studies (12) was funded by the Danish Dairy Council and had to do with trans fats specifically, the conclusion is completely murky on the issue

The first referenced study, Chowdury's study on saturated fats was instantly discredited in 2014 for being incredibly misleading, it's also chock full of observational studies which is not particularly useful for heart disease related studies

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/03/19/dietary-fat-and-heart-disease-study-is-seriously-misleading/

The third study referenced (26), ENTIRELY supported by the Global Dairy Reform. Even in that study that reference the effects of saturated fats and cholesterol. They proceed to reference a "criticism" someone made about it, and in that link that person proceeds to get BTFO for their weak attacks on the study

Most of these studies also talk about trans fats in general which is found in high quantities in stuff like dairy

The Mozaffrian studies (28 and 29) reference a bunch of articles with flawed metholodigies such as cross-sectional studies or reference studies that say something like "this grass fed butter has somewhat lower effect on cholesterol than this butter)

You know what's funny about Dariush Mozaffrian anyways, he RECOMMENDS fish and vegetable oil consumption despite this

So basically, it's just one giant repackaged meta-analysis of nonsense, bias, and flawed methodology

Surmised perfectly here youtube.com/watch?v=2Ftoy6jqxm8

That is not even remotely true. Do not discuss things you have zero knowledge of

>people think butter is healthy for hundreds if not thousands of years
>people invent vegetable shortening and say it's a healthy alternative to butter
>the trans fat in it is actually killing people
>butter is still unhealthy
confused.jpg

It is bad. Parroting Joe Rogan's tweets of clickbait websites doesn't change that.

What is not even remotely true? That we need Omega 3-6-9? and that "Vegetable Oil" has only been around for about 100 years, not including olive oil.

Your contention that saturated fats aren't bad?

>'that's not true'
>no evidence to support opposition
citation
N E E D E D

Vegan propaganda defense force is already here, I see.

dismantles your entire stupid OP

There's also about 50 years of actual verifiable medical literature that supports this. Not just meme-science articles I can link to say "Gotcha!!!" without even realizing any of the methodology of the studies or how they're being supported

You didn't even bother to read anything about the studies or anything that went into it.

As opposed to the obvious mindless paleo shilling in the OP?

I love how you're attacking one post criticizing the idea that the idea of saturated fats being healthy is a fact and been "known" for years and absolutely nothing else in this thread that actually addresses the idiotic OP

>So nature is trying to poison people.
yeah it's common, nature doesn't give a fuck about health, it's only interest is you surviving until 18 to make 2-3 kids

thefreelibrary.com/Fat under fire: new findings or shaky science?-a0367966232

Isn't it hilarious how all these idiotic studies about how great butter is have been coming along especially since dairy companies convened in 2008 to try and change public opinion dairy through "research"?

>finding researchers "sympathetic" to the dairy industry and giving them funding

Ignore the man behind the curtain

Deliberate confusion ensures skepticism

>NO! You don't understand, I read saturated fats were bad for you on a food blog a decade ago!

Hint hint early 2000s dieting advice is fucking shit.

There's literature from the 20s to present day that says saturated fat is bad.

Just because it's old doesn't mean shit. If the methods are viable, the research is viable. As evidenced by the worthless pile of shit in the OP. I know in your college English classes that prioritize recent research but that should only tell you how worthless your education is.

Hint hint, paleo dieting advice is fucking AWFUL

You have literally no evidence. The only evidence you have is the OP which has been demolished here. The shit you've read is almost certainly cherrypicked bullshit with awful methodology and from paleo websites that just confirm your biases

>I read an anti-vaxxer soccer mom's post on Mark's Daily Apple referencing a Gawker article on how GOOD saturated fat was! I know what I'm talking about!!!

Saturated fat is essential for testosterone production.