I hate programming and the entire software engineering world

I hate programming and the entire software engineering world

> muh devops
> muh build release management
> muh night coder hangout sessions
> muh hackatons
> muh stickies on laptop lids

You are all a bunch of facking faggots

This is 2018, and yet there is not even 1, not even a single fucking software library, which lets me do, 10 000trx/s, in a decentralized, trust-less fashion, and no muh currency, just Sybil resistant append-only distributed log, and I dont give a shit about your other problems.

Fuck all of you.

*sniff sniff*

Yup, developers are gay as fuck cancerous faggots i cant fucking stand them

Would be a lot more convincing if you didn't use stuff programmers made 24/7.

Also BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

Software engineer here

You're right, the industry right now is pretty cancerous

>ambiguous meaning to job titles
>Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Senior Software Engineer all mean different things or the same thing, depending on what company you're talking to
>HR monkeys who talk to potential recruits don't a single thing about programming, so recruitment is based entirely on what buzzwords you put in your resume
>companies prioritize "culture" over qualifications, because they know programmers who value "culture" will work after-hours if you stock the fridge with beer, where regular people will go home to be with their families
>the bigger the company gets, the more they are forced to become Social-Justice friendly, otherwise you'll get demonized as Nazis like Uber has

Just look at Google. They're getting sued by conservatives and leftists for workplace discrimination and wrongful termination AT THE SAME TIME. That's what happens when you bring Social Justice into the workplace.

> wow much skills, impressive girth
> you are hired, at $200 per hour

1 week in

> faggot has strong opinions on what they hired me to solve

developers are really the scum of the earth, brainlets yet think of themselves to be in the stratosphere but cant even into girlfriends

>get demonized ... like Uber has
Uber treats its contracted laborers and employees like dogshit: step on it, say "oh shit", then angrily wipe shoe on grass.

They don't teach you how the real industry works while you're studying, it's just vast generalizations and sweet dreams.
Then you get the first job and it's Hello World slap to the face. Personally the only way I'd continue in this career is through freelance work.
It takes a peculiar kind of mind to vomit code and deal with shit all day long and still love it after years in an office.
Plus it's become a shitshow, see

Amazon is a hundred times worse, and a thousand times bigger, but you barely see them demonized because they preach globalism and "equality"

oh man the big enterprise is even worse than that

witnessed 6 months, 2 teams of 5 people, produce a shell script which ssh'ed into a list of "machines" as they called it, and copied over the logs.
during this entire 6 months they were bullshitting so much, even I believed they were solving some real problem.

there was celebration when they delivered their masterpiece.
managers were amazed.
promotions were had.

I went to vomit, literally vomit.

lol tampon string

Anyway yeah OP we suck, you are 100% right.

I've heard stories about their sweatshop levels of Hell in their warehouses. Fucking normies; amirite?

really adm-eye-ring her ass user.

soo...

They literally just produced some unix command line code, securely sent that over a network, and had the other pcs on the network copy the logs? Is that correct?

ITT: wagecucking hurts the soul
Well obviously, why do you think people here are into crypto?

EOS faggot go make something on the testnet, launches in months

shhh trx is not mooning

Just kill yourselves already

This is exactly my experience contracting for the public service.

What made it all the worse is that our taxes are paying for these incompetent fucks bloated salaries.

>This is 2018, and yet there is not even 1, not even a single fucking software library, which lets me do, 10 000trx/s
The fuck you smoking OP? Yes there is.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…

>Just look at Google. They're getting sued by conservatives and leftists for workplace discrimination and wrongful termination AT THE SAME TIME. That's what happens when you bring Social Justice into the workplace.
No kidding, Youtube is a complete shitshow yet the CEO whines about mansplaining instead of trying to fix things.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO

*CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK*

What is that? You want more?

If your eyes worked properly they would have noticed the strong straight away. Stay blind, blind fag

honestly, I fucking hate stickers on laptops. Fucken gayest shit ever.

fuck off dude, you do that shit if it's so easy. so many people in this thread complaining about incompetence but it's just as bad if not worse in other industries. us software devs have it easy mode

Can I get your phone number?

Sounds like they just could’ve rsynced or scp’ed the logs in one line.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…

PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

oh yes... god yes...

how do I get this job

This shit is tired.

>log

you sound frustrated as fuck, kiddo

Be Indian and know java

Yeah. It's a miserable, soul crushing and mind numbing career path. Saturated with lefty trash, botched corporate implementations of "startup culture". Hours upon hours of staring at a fucking screen in a cube with little to no interpersonal contact. Unfulfilling. Uncool.

But we endure it because it is the path of least resistance. I'm 25 and make $90,000, pretty much double what most of my friends make. Shit is a real slog, but my future self will thank me for enduring it.

>be devops
>make 200k/year

Say what you want buddy, there is lots of money to be made.

brap

>I've heard stories about their sweatshop levels of Hell in their warehouses. Fucking normies; amirite?
And that's all you here, despite the fact that Amazon is basically hell for almost everyone that works there.

Meanwhile Uber by all accounts is a fine place to work, but the C-level execs don't worship the SJW movement, so their company is demonized like their only product is the raping of women

No. I hear about Uber because they are screwing over their contracted labor. I hear about Amazon because they force their employees to work without water breaks in hot as hell warehouses.

I hate SJW faggots, but I'm trying to learn coding. I'm learning JAVA at the moment. I will bring conservative values to the workplace, so you should tell me what I should do to ensure I can lock down a job in this field. Any tips?

BBBBRRRRAAAAPPPPP

>so you should tell me what I should do to ensure I can lock down a job in this field

>learn to code in a model-view-controller framework
>get good at web development
>become familiar with back-end development(that is the controller part)
>build a few projects on your own
>start bidding on a few small projects on sites such as Upwork, where you can actually get paid half-decent if you know what you're doing
>once you're good, you can start applying for entry-level web dev positions at real companies

You will now have a very reasonable portfolio to show off to recruiters and interviewers. FILL your resume with relevant tech qualifications and experience, and push your paper-pushing experience to the bottom.

Trust me you'll get interviews, and they won't care so much about what you've done full-time if you know what you're talking about during the tech screens.

Be warned, you'll be comparing against a LOT of Pajeets on Upwork, but it's the best way to get contracts.

One thing I've found is that software development is a lot different on the east/west coast as it is in flyover states. On the coasts you have a bunch of trendy faggots like pic related trying to be quirky and fashionable, but in a place like Indiana you don't get that. Sure we have a couple shitty companies here trying too hard to be Google with ping pong tables and shit, but for the most part it's a very professional field.

That is way above my level also

>tampon string showing

>MUH ENTREPRENEURSHIP
>MUH ELEVATOR PITCH
>MUH AGILE DEVELOPMENT
>MUH JAVASCRIPT FRAMEWORKS
>MUH FULLSTACK

just ficking end it all family

>>companies prioritize "culture" over qualifications, because they know programmers who value "culture" will work after-hours if you stock the fridge with beer, where regular people will go home to be with their families

This.
Fucking this. I was working IT for a hugeass company and they treated me like shit despite being the fastest and most competent tech in my department because I have ADHD and would read science textbooks during downtime.

Lemme guess Amazon? Getting beer with your coworkers can be fun, stop being a pill man.

>palin-dubs checkd

>HR monkeys who talk to potential recruits don't a single thing about programming, so recruitment is based entirely on what buzzwords you put in your resume

See now this is only true if you want to work for a fucking retard bank or some other nigger shit. My company is over a hundred people and doesn't even have an HR department. One senior dev picks someone, does a video interview, then brings them in and has separate 2 on 1 interviews with random coworkers you'll actually be working directly with. I interviewed with a couple guys who were only there 6 months to a year, and because of that the quality of employees is better overall.

So sure, work for a fucking shit jew nigger company but that's your own fault, faggot.

> Wanted - 5 years experience in React. Must have MVC, C++, Java, Perl, Patterns, Python, R, Lua, CUDA, Assembly, Scheme and Brainfuck. Experiend iOS devs only. Junior position, new graduates only.

Fucking pajeet recruiters.....

Work for yourself. It's still shit, but at least you aren't making (((the company))) rich. You're the talent - you put the meat on their table. Yet they don't respect you.

Create your own products. Shit, just build a shitcoin or Dapp user. A real programmer can clean up right now.

>starting salary 50k

>Just submit your app to a sea of crappy apps
He could also try a slot machine.

Or...ya know, take that knowledge he has of whatever industry he happens to be in and do something with it. Or have an actual good idea for an app. Or make yet another Ethereum ponzi. Possibilities are endless.