Jesus freaking Christ western desserts have a lot of sugar

Asian fag here,

Been craving sweets so went out and bought a small slice of cake, some doughnuts, and various other pastries.

Expected to chow them all down then go into a food coma.
]
NOT EVEN HALF PIECE OF CAKE and I'm already wanting to vomit due to the amount of sugar that's in it.

What in the fucking name of christ do you white people put that much sugar in desserts? You might as well just drink sugar syrup.

Ok

Ok

Go back to Asia.

Back to the railway you go

Yeah we white """" people"""""""" are addicted to sugar haha lol

No the truth is that Western countries are pretty shit at deserts so we have to pump them full of sugar. Anything you buy is going to be really sugary because that's what sells, better off making your own deserts tbhfam

fyi asia is going through an obesity epidemic, so join the statistics and get back down to sugar town.

>You might as well just drink sugar syrup

And......??

Clappyfat here, and yes, our shit is sugary as fuck. I almost never eat dessert or drink sweet drinks because they're just too fucking much for me. But I had no problem with sweets or sweet drinks the times I visited Japan, because there everything was much less sweet. The American South is the worst for over sweetening everything.

Mass produced sweets in general have a lot of sugar due to the bliss point.

You MIGHT be able to avoid bliss point levels of sugar by buying from a bakery or a supermarket's bakery.

And I don't mean cinnabon or any bullshit like that.

Regarding donut shops, some doughnuts from doughnut shops have enough sugar to go way beyond the bliss point.

Have you had Middle eastern or Japanese sweets? They're like 80% sugar.

Of course they only eat very small pieces over there, but saying western sweets contain more sugar simply isn't true.

Me on the bottom right

But the "only white people are unhealthy" meme

No vanilla creme?

All of the foods you list provide most of their calories from fat, not sugar. The sugar level is adequate, the fat is what makes them disgusting and heavy

>bean paste in rice jelly is considered a sweet in nipnopland

You should try Indian and Turkish sweets.

Your teeth will rot before they even reach your mouth.

I feel the same way about all the glutenous rice in the thing you posted op. but for the most part I agree. if you want a good western donut you have to make em without any sugar added.

picture related. theyre godly when warm.

I recommend tarts. theyre even sweeter but they are balanced by their sourness and the fact that theyre small as fuck.

You probably bought a cheap-shit cake.

Cheap-shit food uses sugar as a filler because it's one of the cheapest ingredients there is.

Not to mention cake is one of the most filling junk foods you can get, regardless of quality.

CHING CHONG CHING CHONG BING BONG

You could argue it still is unhealthy, because western sweets, especially those sold in stores, are made to be sold in big quantities. Unless you have tongue deficiencies you really can't eat Japanese wagashi in any larger amount, or at a fast pace. But you can gobble in three, four donuts in one sitting.

Sometimes having less sugar can make it more sellable.

>Craving food
Ok fatty.

>buy a yogurt cup
>33g of sugar
>people led to believe that yogurt is healthy and proceed to buy non greek version

>Asian
I'm so sorry. Also, fuck right off, you fuckers produce white """"bread"""" that makes wonderbread look like a homemade loaf

Keeping you addicted to capitalism
And keeping your short attention spans
And keeping you hyper active

Easily controlled foot soldier. With a short life span.

Less than 1% of the US is involved in the military.

same experience for me with american sweets/cakes, europe is much easier on the sugar

Fage whole milk yogurt is the only way to go in Amerifat, there's so much fucking added sugar in nearly every yogurt brand here, which completely defeats it's inherit tart flavor.

That's pretty much how I feel when I go to Chinese bakeries. Their stuff just tastes like sugar. Sugar isn't an ingredient used to integrate sweetness amongst other flavours, sugar is the flavour.

And not just the sweets. This applies to the supposedly savoury stuff as well.

Chinese bakeries are so fucking shitty.

Yeah op is a faggot if he doesn't expect sweets to be sweet, but at the same time America goes way too overboard.

With desserts thats not surprising... whats more crazy is that beverages, pasta sauces and everything else have as much sugar as they do...

What do you get that is so sugary when you go to a Chinese bakery?
All I've ever had at Chinese bakeries are pastries that look like they will be so sweet and delicious and covered in frosting, and then it turns out it's like a bitter chestnut flavor with absolutely no sugar.

he's lying.

hes not lying. i got something similar to his pic related and bit into it and only had airy bullshit bread with the slightest hint of maple and i was p mad

C U N T

It's more of a slightly diluted sugar flavour than a super sugary one, but there's no other flavour. The items seem to be differentiated by appearance and texture alone.

I don't remember the names of the stuff I've tried, because the labels are either nonsense translations or aren't in English at all.

I will not apologize for the amount of sugar we use until Japan takes responsibility for its ridiculous over use of mayonnaise. There is absolutely no reason to sell a pastry with a half inch slab of grilled mayo on top.

>m-muh kewpie mayo

no reason whatsoever

Agreed.

>bite into delicious looking donut
>Kewpie donut filled

That said, I really enjoy karaage with kewpie mayo.

Stop eating meme sweets then.

>tfw you thought it was a cream cheese danish

>Sugar is bad

>accidentally put whipped cream before ice cream

I always thought fortune cookies are pretty sweet and those fried dough ball with sugar at the Chinese buffet are sweet too

Thats not even Asian food. Its Chinese-American

This is good bait. Smooth, well-crafted, and stylish. I rate 8/10.

fortune cookies are American my American friend. same with the dried dough

>falling for it

I'll have to up my rating, 9/10, very good.

...The point of a dessert is to taste sweet right? What did you expect exactly?

>tfw no jian dui

it's basically deep fried sweeted starch dough

Sugar is cheap, and usually cheaper than flavorings like chocolate, nuts, etc. Most people also have warped taste buds from drinking too much soda, so if something isn't ridiculously sweet they think it's bland and not a good dessert.

The only premade desserts I'll buy are high quality ice creams, everything else I usually make myself with less sugar. Premade shortbread/butter cookies are usually good though, since they're most likely not as sweet.

>Greek yogurt meme

>tfw you cut out soda and now all of your favorite desserts are too sweet ;^(

>Clappyfat

Stop eating oriental food. It will kill you.

>Sweet tea
>So sweet it makes my teeth hurt and my mouth burn
>Makes me want to vomit
>mfw rednecks and flyovers drink this shit by the gallon

Same with lemonade. It's supposed to be tart but all the brands you can buy in the stores are sweet as fuck.

>mfw flyovers add a cup of sugar to their tomato sauce

Do people do that? That sounds pretty bad.

In the Midwest and south, yes. They want their tomato sauce like ketchup because they don't know what good tomato sauce is. It's vile.

Where in the midwest and south? I'm a flyover and I don't know anyone who does that. It sound really gross.

Just wait till you try a pavlova, or a bakhlava

I wanna try that PB + J

Where did you buy this stuff? Grocery store or similar I'm guessing?

These places make shit desserts crammed with way too much sugar because they cheap out on other ingredients (ie. shortening based frosting rather than real butter) and use sugar or sugary flavorings to cover up those issues.

Desserts that are homemade or prepared in a proper bakery/restaurant will be less sweet and rely more on the real flavor of things. Cake is an especially bad one for this- homemade buttercream is vastly better than the greasy, tooth-hurtingly-sweet 'icing' they put on in grocery stores. In a good buttercream, it should be lightly sweet and the natural flavor of the butter should come through.

Well-made desserts, whether from a bakery or a restaurant, will also be better balanced, with more acid/savory/other components to counteract the sugar.

I have a huge sweet tooth but I would never buy cheap grocery store tier desserts, they're just gross.

You fuckers have obviously never been to korea where EVERYTHING is oddly sweet

What would the average doughnut, cookie, and muffin taste like with less sugar?

Fuck off, eastern desserts have too little sugar.

Doesn't sugar trigger some of the same brain sections that cocaine does?

Boston Creme all day every day

Cheap desserts are overloaded with sugar and flavorings to hide the cheap ingredients and preservatives; go to an independent bakery or make your own if you want a good dessert.

Depends where you get them.

local place that makes excellent donuts (Atkins in Amherst, MA) has a nice doughnut that is just fried dough. Not too sweet at all. No icing or frosting or filling. Just fried dough. Perfect with a cup of coffee.

I had wagashi. THey are nearly 100% sugar.

Ate that orange icecream once, shit was good man

lol no

was talking about

That's true enough, though you may just have an underdeveloped palette for the nuances. They're mostly in aftertaste, I find. Chinese bakeries suck anyway. I would be referring to things like op's pic related if I were making his point.

it is

The Simply brand is rather good about that, actually.

Completely agree with this. Our cuisine here in Bongladesh is nothing to be proud of, but we don't seem to have gotten to quite the same point of filling absolutely everything, savoury or sweet, with copious amounts of sugar. Americans rarely even eat bacon without syrup, and nearly every popular food they export is sweet as fuck. You guys might have better taste but you can't pretend that shit isn't popular.

:^)

I'm calling bull shit because I see shit like this parked out side of a French pastry joint in East lansing. That and incredibly badly parked porches and audi r8's tells me the place is packed with asians.

No,americans are shit at deserts.

I dunno, I find those little bean paste filled balls are a bit rich.

>Not buying your pastries at a local bakery

Desserts in our stores are as fake as the Apple products from yours.