Is this a craft beer? How does one enter the Asian craft beer scene?

Is this a craft beer? How does one enter the Asian craft beer scene?

No it's a very popular mass produced lager (although I think it's better than Kirin or Asahi). The craft beers are usually the ones called 地ビール, but I find the phenomenon is pretty disappointing compared to American or European counterparts.

It's been years since I've tried one, but I remember it tasting like any other international Pilsner like Fosters, Beck's, Heineken, etc. Not as sickly sweet as the American ones like Busch, Bud, Milwaukee, Miller, etc. but definitely not craft.

The whole idea behind a Pilsner seems to be getting something that is very clear, highly carbonated, and has a tiny hint of wheat flavor. No hops. No malt.

>Is this a craft beer
>Sapporo

Jesus christ nigga are you retarded

I once bought four of them in a morrisons purely because the can was shaped like a pint glass

>Is this a craft beer?
no
>How does one enter the Asian craft beer scene?
one does not. go away, weeb.

no

So is drinking in public okay in Japan?

Sapporo is a macrobrew.

It's a good one, but it is far from a "craft" beer.

What's to prevent a kid from buying beer from one of these?

Nothing but family shame

Most Japanese are able to follow laws without the urge to break them, as such, most kids and teens don't try to buy or steal beer. These machines are actually not all that common either.

they named a city after it, it's the furthest thing from a craft beer you could get
it is pretty tasty though desu

I found the "extra malt" version to be way better than the standard version, but now I can't find the malt version anymore. Such a shame, I actually liked that one a lot.

why must everything the japanese touch turn to gold?

tried one of these the other day. wasnt worth the 6.70/bottle

They have some sort of age verification thingy, iirc. Was disappointed to be unable to use them when I visited Japan.

>Most Japanese are able to follow laws without the urge to break them

wow so no niggers in japan huh?

I've had Sapporo before. Has anyone tried their Reserve? It's so tasty I would buy it regularly, but the import price stings.

nice crisp sapporo is great with steak and kimchi. personally prefer kirin. tho both are great

yes.
I used to live in Osaka. ppl would drink in public often.

you know you crackers would take advantage of that. whiteys have more than 2x drunk driving incidents than minorities.

Whiteys have more than 2x the car ownership.

It's literally the most popular beer in Japan. That and Asahi.

They're the Japanese equivalent of budweiser and miller.

They sure as fuck are in Tokyo. I mean if you want alcohol without having to go into a store it isn't a very long walk to get it.

As an Asian, there is no Asian craft beer scene. Asians drink strictly to get boozed up, they're all palatably smooth lagers.

What the fuck are you talking about? Those machines are mainly available in hotels. Not so much on the street.

>shitty lager
>sickly sweet

Confirmed for having never been to Tokyo.

Vending machines fucking EVERYWHERE. 2 on every single street. The Japanese got life down desu.

Fucking retarded. He is talking about this vending machine And he's right, you don't find BEER vending machine "fucking EVERYWHERE. 2 on every single street. "

Learn to read.

Damn

You bring up a very good point

Confirmed for being a faggot
I'm currently sitting in dogenzaka
If you are going to pretend that they are everywhere on the street then you are a weeb revisionist

Had one of these maybe 3 years ago? I agree, wasn't worth the price. Was tasty though, just not that tasty.

Far from a craft Beer and if you're drinking it in North America, it's brewed by Labatt in Guelph, Ontario.

Good beer though desu