Kawell in the Kitchen: Just some salsa edition

Happy Thursday. We did a good deal of cooking yesterday and I'm still beat; long day of work doesn't help either. So tonight we're just going to make a little salsa and enjoy it with a bag of chips. Fresh, easy and delicious. Well also head out and check the garden, the bush beans are really coming in well, radish too. Well thin them out a little and just have a relaxing evening.

We're live from the kitchen.

What does 'fiesta size' mean?

Throw that in some bread and you got a good ol' fashioned "'Go Style" "'Za"

About $2 more expensive for the same sized bag of chips.
Those guys really know how to market!

There's some debate on whether pealing the tomato or leaving them on for salsa. My preference is to leave the skin on; only really take the skin off for pizza or pasta sauce. Just remember to give them a good wash beforehand. Well save the stems for our compost bin too.

I hope I never get so bored that shitposting becomes a worthwhile pastime.

Think 5 tomatoes should be enough. The white onion I got was pretty big, may have to end up adding more if the ratio looks a little off. Let's work on that onion now.

Here we are with half the onion. Lets mix it up and see what we got.

Yeah well use half of the other half and it should be good. I'll save the remainder for a small meal sometime this weekend.

That'll do. Time to prep these jalapeƱos I'm not going to remove the seeds or pulp, I want to keep the heat in them.

Make sure to wash your hands really well with soap after you're done chopping. It's not just the pulp and seeds that are hot, there are oils on the peppers that don't get washed off completely with just water. You need some soap to cut through it. Also if you want, go ahead and save the seeds. Grow some jalapeƱos of your own. Saving seeds from food you buy at the grocer is a great way to start growing at home.

Now the cilantro. No real learning curve behind these. Just cut it and add it.

Smelling really good. Well get our brightness in there now with the juice of two limes then salt to taste.

dont forget the salt for gods sake

There we have it. Nice and simple.

Gonna have me a couple then we'll take a small trip to the garden.

Never. You really need it for a good salsa.

Is this faggot the biggest attention seeker on Veeky Forums?

Mods, clean this shit up thanks.

too many onions dude

kys

>posts a cook along
>must be an attention seeker

this is entirely appropriate for this board you dip

Mods, clean this faggot up with him while you're at it thanks.

I would have added more onion

Beans came up really fast. I'll have to thin then out over the weekend. Sowed two seeds per hole and it looks like every last one of them germinated. Yesterday they were just barely peaking out of the ground.

There's no such thing as "too many onions"

>someone doing some cooking on the cooking board
>mods, make it stop
Get fucked nigger.

Radish I'll snip and thin tonight. Start to finish they only take about 24 days, really fast growing.

I'll call it here. Simple night, nothing too large or exciting. I'll go shopping for the oxtail tomorrow after work for our stew on Saturday. How you guys will join me.

This isn't oxtail, you LIAR.

NOBODY FUCKING CARES

mods, do your jobs please.

Oxtail stew is this weekend friend, tonight is just a simple weeknight of laziness.

Did you add in any acid (lemon/lime)? I just buy gigantic bags from Costco and put lime in everything, because 4 dollars for a 2 lb bag is a hell of a good deal.

Yeah I got the juice of two limes in there. Got to have a little brightness in there to bring it all together.

Reminder to report ALL of these posts

Oh, I see it now, looks nice and simple. Hopefully that isn't going to be your entire meal. I've noticed you don't seem to have a lot of vegetables in your dishes, gotta get that spinach.

You're a cheery guy.

Radishes are all thinned. Looking forward to doing some cooking with them when they're done.

Fuck you fag this shit is awesome.

'go 'uck 'ourself

This meme will literally never get old holy kek

>"N-NO COOKING ON Veeky Forums"

It already has. GTFO.

Okay I'll leave. I'll go to TheBig'Go and hit up some 'za joints. Good idea!! :D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!

That's pico not salsa. Also, you overdid the onions, not enough jalapenos and no fucking salt. You tried user 3/10.

Heres something more your style.

>That's pico not salsa
this, it triggers the fuck out of me seeing so many people confused about this. looks nice tho OP good OC

How can one consider pico de gallo salsa? It's not saucy at all. Damn you, Mexico.

This. OP made a delicious looking pico de gallo, but it's no salsa.

why specifically jalapenos though?

OP lives in Chula Vista for Christ's sake. He can piss on Mexico from his balcony. He should know what he made IS NOT salsa, but pico de gallo.

>Raw salsa
Pig disgusting. Salsa should be made with canned roasted tomatoes at the very least and preferably roasted peppers as well.