First time in Veeky Forums! Anyway, I am hoping to make the perfect guacamole for a Memorial Day party (tomorrow)...

First time in Veeky Forums! Anyway, I am hoping to make the perfect guacamole for a Memorial Day party (tomorrow), but I need advice on when I should cook it. Should I make it as soon as I wake up tomorrow, or get a head start and do it tonight? I know it turns a brown and waters quickly, that's why I'm asking.

just be quick to add your other ingredients: salt, lime/lemon juice, onion, peppers, etc.

they'll keep the avocados from oxidizing.

If you use lemon juice the color should remain green.

As for the watery that could be a problem. I would make it later in the day just to make sure its not bad.

youll wanna layer n lock it p heavily with saran wrap too

Have all your ingredients already diced the night before and make the guacamole an hour before serving, it literally takes like 10 minutes to paste the avocado and add the ingredients.

add some cheese on top desu. some cotija would be nice.

Why didn't I think of this? Thank you!

Upgrade that shit to cowboy caviar. Let your guests know your guac game is on point.

>cook it

I can already see my shit covered in corn pellets. No thank you. But that does look delicious though!

fuck off. you know what he meant.

Wasn't askin. This is what you will serve.

Make sure you chill it a little bit before serving. Don't add citrus juice, it takes away from the flavor of the avacado. If you worried about it oxidizing then just make it about 30 minutes before hand so you have enough time for it to cool down.

As a dip or salsa? If salsa, I highly recommend roasting some anaheim and jalapeƱos, and possible reconstituting some dried guajillo and poblanos, then blending it all.

don't forget to add the chilled peas 15 minutes before serving

Jack white's recipe. Genuinely the best I've had.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't have said what he meant. We don't want "cook" to become the next "literally."

Avocado, Onion, Tomato, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Salt.

Dice onion, tomato, cilantro. Add Avocado, lime juice, salt. Mix those fuckers up.

If you wanna do it the night before, store in air tight container. Pack it down tight so If you wake up in the morning and it looks brown, you should be able to just scrape the top half inch layer off and itll be green under.

Otherwise just wait and do it before, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

Source - Worked in a Mexican restaurant.

I throw garlic and a little bit of chili pepper in mine too.

I put a good amount of sour cream in mine. Makes it really smooth.

Add cumin too. Cant make shit without cumin.

I find the cumin overpowers the other flavors. I put garlic in fucking everything, and I like the little bit of heat some pepper adds, but cumin is too distinctive and throws off the rest of the mix in my experience.

If you want it as perfect as possible, you'll need it as fresh as possible.

Also consider adding a little mayo. Makes it extra creamy.