Visiting Chicago in a few days. Where are the best places to eat?

Visiting Chicago in a few days. Where are the best places to eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodfile.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/-a-spring-snack.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>classic image.jpg

Check out Aurelio's they do a nice artisan version of a well known frozen pizza

Is that a restaurant or a dish? English is not my first language.

>best places to eat
>flyover land

Idk, your choices are slim though. Probably subway.

Check out Giordano's

Try their Mexican.
Birreria Zaragoza
Cemitas Puebla
Sol de Mexico
maybe even xoco

Giordano's., Gino's East

Eat some delish 'go 'za

The upper midwest literally has the best food in the country

>birreria zaragoza
>zara go za
>zara 'go 'za
Pottery.

Visit Diego's (or as the locals call it, 'go's) and get yourself an authentic 'go 'za

Budacki's on Damen.

You should make the short drive up to Wisconsin for some world class artisan cheese

This user is right
>cheap
>filling
>normal, no pretentious weird shit like shrimp with the shells still on or meat with recognizable anatomical features
>deep fried to perfection
>no vegan bullshit like kale or avocados
>no overpriced meme foods like that weeb shit they eat in California
>everything is reassuringly grey or brown like god intended
>I can pronounce it because the words are familiar to me
Anyone who doesn't agree that this is the epitome of dining perfection is obviously trolling or insane, and definitely not American

Do westerners really leave the shells on shrimp in finished dishes?

This right here. I'd definitely suggest wealthy SE Minnesota: the great hospitals bring in cuisine from all over the world.

You are thinking of the lower midwest. The upper midwest is the best of both worlds

You can't visit Chicago without trying their world-famous 'eep 'ish 'go-style 'za

Go to a portillos and get a hot dog with everything on it and a chocolate cake shake.

I don't know what you mean by lower midwest. Chicago is lower midwest to me. Upper is like Duluth or Sault Ste Marie. There are little differences if you want to split hairs, chiefly the accent, but they share similar phobias of foods that don't fall into a narrow spectrum of blandness that relies on frying, salt, pre-processed canned or dried precursors, and grease.

Cue you don't share my point of view so you've never been here....

>goes to chicago
>worried about where to eat
>gets shot by a nigger

Chicago is the border really. Chicago and anything north is the upper midwest, once you get south of the Chicago suburbs you are the lower midwest and people start having southern accents.

But yeah, you obviously do not know what you are talking about so we can move along

In the deep south, yes. There were a lot of shells on shrimp in Southeast Asia too.

So its a poor person who doesn't know better thing?

Do you seriously think Chicago Style Pizza is deep fried? Or is this just a pretending to be retarded situation?

Are you agreeing with me by being sarcastic? How is deep dish pizza not basically a fried doughnut with cheese and tomato on top?
Countries that eat a lot of seafood often have a higher comfort level with stuff like bones, shells, and heads. Unless the shrimp is large and tough, the shell and head carry most of the flavor and removing them ruins the food.

>How is deep dish pizza not basically a fried doughnut with cheese and tomato on top
because it is not fried

If you are preparing it yourself, fine. But if you are paying someone to make the food for you they better remove the shit, hence why it is a poor person thing. In affluent place they can afford to have it prepared properly, poor people do not have that luxury

Would it make babby's feewings less sensitive if we called it confit? These days I think anything can be called confit so sure why not? We can have tomato confit, Napa cabbage confit, onion confit. Why not doughnut confit?

I mean it's not baked, grilled, steamed, sauteed, or braised either.

But a mass of dough cooked in an iron basin filled with hot oil sounds a lot like frying, and that's the most accurate description unless you want to start picking euphemisms

um, pretty sure it is baked

>foodfile.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/-a-spring-snack.html
>$300 per person
>3 stars
>zomg the footsies are still attached YUCKEEEEEE
>cue loud gagging noises
You can go ahead and shitpost about nuclear bombs now

What is this fresh hot meme called?