Everyone ready for the weekend?

Fire up the grills/smokers/ovens.

bump for interest

could use some ideas for what to make

Brisket and ribs, what else? Baked beans, potato salad, white bread, greens.

Could do a pulled pork I suppose.

I was thinking about taking the day off and relaxing--so to speak, working a half day because reports still need to be sent out. If I were to cook though, I'd go full American with burgers stuffed with american cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce. I'd also make some fish and chips on the side just so our Brittish counterpart could watch me eat some freedom in between a bun. Hear that, blokes? I'm making your national food out of irony and pity because we kicked your ass at Saratoga and the Queen Mum looks like a dude.

over 100 years later and he's still salty

do it
post pics now!

I will, smoked some ribs a while back and people seemed interested. I'll do a thread for prep/etc when its time.

you would sound like a faggot even if I could somehow ignore your trip. no one cares

Just got done seasoning my ribs for Monday.

I smothered them in chipotle mustard and let that sit for a few hours. While that was going I got a rub ready.

3 tbsp - Black pepper
5 tbsp - Curry Poweder
2 tbsp - Cayenne
4 tbsp - Granulated Garlic and Onion
1 tbsp - Salt
3 tbsp - Paprika

Took the ribs out and seasoned them with that, then poured a little apple cider and a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in the bag. Letting that marinade until show time.

Anything more than salt and pepper is a travesty, but hey, your ribs.

I'm not going to shit on your ideologies about ribs, but you're the first person I've ever heard of that only puts salt and pepper on their ribs... that sounds incredibly bland.

It's heavenly. Let the smoke and meat be the flavor.

n...no... that just isn't correct

I'll agree to disagree.

Have you ever had smoked garlic, paprika, onion and curry? Because those are all the delicious flavors that will also come through my ribs.. That and the porky smokey goodness, and (hopefully) a hint of sweetness from the apple cider.

I did my pork ribs with something close to that (minus the curry powder). Always spritz with homemade apple juice and cider vinegar. It wasn't bad, just wasn't as good. Smoked with pecan/oak. Going to do this rack with straight apple.

How long did you let em go for?

Rub is pretty important when it comes to smoking senpai

6 hours or so

Must be the east coast waking up

I typically let mines go for 8 in indirect heat, I sear them on direct first though to get some nice color.

Towards the last hour I wrap them in foil and let them steam in their own juices. Then sometimes I'll spread a little sauce on them and let that caramelize a bit. They all ways turn out falling off the bone with the steaming method.

Shit like this is why it's a stereotype that white people can't cook.

fucking hell.. always*