Can your significant other cook, and if so, is it good?

Can your significant other cook, and if so, is it good?

>gf cooks okay
>still learning

Yeh she can cook quite well but takes too long and makes a mess.
During the week I generally do all the cooking to avoid losing my shit at her.
And Im not exagerating or being an autist, when a steak and vegetables takea 2hrs on a Tuesday night and the sink is full of shit your partience wears thin.

>rural southern gf
What she cooks is honestly pretty good, but it's lots of meatloaf and stews and porkchops etc. She's intimidated by anything remotely exotic.

It's kind of adorable tbqh

Fuck off

I'm 30 and live with my mother, and honestly I make better food.

Wife would be able to take care of herself and she does make good omelettes but that's about it. She'll get better I'm sure but she's no cook.

No, she can only fry shit in a skillet. She's the embodiment of every "shorty wife" cliche there is.

*shitty

way to shoot low and settle

enjoy being miserable till you get divorced and she gets half your shit

My gf taught me a lot about cooking and she makes really good pan seared fish. Her signature dishes are chicken cordon bleu and pad Thai

She likes to over salt items a lot and her baking can be a bit dry at times but overall she's an 8/10 cook.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian

[spoiler]:([/spoiler]

Aw. Mine is exactly the same, but she's a quick learner. Just don't lose your shit and tell her how to shorten her cooking time

Is she your significant mother?

God fucking damnit

The smugness is over 9000

Yep, she cooks a thousand times better than me. She spent 5 years as a private chef for a rich family before going back to school for an unrelated career.

my gf enjoys cooking with me. I'm definitely able to throw together more advanced stuff than she is (I had to teach her how to make pancakes, e.g.) but she tries hard, means well, and is open to trying new things and takes the initiative sometimes to find novel recipes. Her cooking is pretty tasty most of the time

One negative though is that she has absolutely no ability to follow a recipe. She made kofta for me once, mostly followed the recipe, made this yogurt sauce that would eventually go on top, and then dumped it into the meat as it was cooking.

"Babe I think that was supposed to go on top after it was done."
"Oh no!!!!!!! I misread the recipe."

She works in a biology research lab and often complains about protocols not working like they should or how an experiment failed. I think it might be because she doesn't actually read the instructions and follow them

the kofta was still good though

i live with my mom. she cooks pretty good deep fried stuff.

chicken strips
pizza rolls
chimichangas
taquitos
hot pockets

thats really all i eat anyways

>Can your significant other cook
No.

She would need to exist to be able to.

She says she can't, but I've never seen her try. Luckily I can cook pretty well to my own satisfaction and I get tons of compliments on my dishes. Haven't had the opportunity to cook for her yet though, we're not living together.

It's kind of weird because I always think other people's cooking is better than mine but my food is always being complimented.

I am the one who usually cooks but I only do it for the wife and kids. When I have an alone night, which is too fucking rare, I don't cook for myself, I order out. But my wife loves my food. She always says that my version of something is always better.

I don't know. I'm just happy she can cook.

Sigh. Being forever alone sucks.

You fat? Ugly? Boring? Disgusting?

Ain't no reason not to get a significant other.

does my right hand making koka noodles count?

>Ain't no reason not to get a significant other.

Even fat, ugly, boring, disgusting people have S.O.'s. There is one quality I've noticed that is common to all Forever Alones, and only one: they don't even try to get a S.O.

Exactly. It's not hard at all.

It's like playing a game at the fair for a prize while having unlimited tries. You only fail when you don't try.

wife can't cook, but her son is decent at certain things, such as fried chicken and waffles

>such as sucking dick

Fucking normies

0/10
If you're going to do something do it right

My boyfriend cooks extremely well, even better than I can. He makes amazing risotto. He takes his cooking very seriously too. I can cook pretty well, but I am still trying to get into the swing of cooking as often as he does. We don't even go out to eat very often anymore, because he swears by cooking everything himself. 10/10

>We don't even go out to eat very often anymore

That's kind of nice isn't it? Though it's good to go out every so often to get new ideas of what to cook next. Scavenging new recipes on the internet is kind of boring.

I'm learning how to make more dishes than just lasagna and goulash so I can be the best husbando.

Can't have those two all the time.

>We don't even go out to eat very often anymore
He's ashamed to be seen in public with you

normally I'd complain about fucking normies, but this is the cooking board. I'd say this is the most normal or tame board out there

Your life is depressing.

She can't cook for shit. What happened to women at least trying to learn some basic cooking skills?

My wife's daughter is an awesome cook. I always look forward to my wife going away on business trips so I can have her daughter cook for me all weekend.

Sick fuck.

No my bf just throws meat on a pan and turns the heat on and seasons it while on the pan. He legitimately didn't know that you're supposed to fold meat on a sandwich to make it nice, he would just throw a ball of meat on the bread and call it good.

He is helpless cooking wise and it makes me feel pretty useful, I don't mind it. I think it's cute. He is really smart about computers/programming though, pretty much more than all the people I've ever met.

I do all the cooking/baking, boyfriend can do dad foods but that's it. Not bad, just only a few recipes under his belt

Yeah. This is one of the nicer boards, but I the nicest one imo would be /Adv/

she made me this

>Ain't no reason not to get a significant other.
>waste of time
>waste of money
>if you get married prepare for JUST

Plenty of reasons.

Well the guy I wanna date can cook.
Too bad he has a gf.

that looks awesome.

Why don't you fucking help her, you idiot? She's doing shit the way she thinks is right and you don't bother to correct or teach her and instead sperg out. Shit tier bf. Cooking is something you can have fun with your s/o and instead you're just a cock.

Yeah. Makes Russian dishes (most of which are bland yet good, one of which is a disgusting mustard overdose.) Also omelettes, pancakes, crepes.

I do most of the regular dinners

Except every time you miss, the carnie tases you in the balls.
And all your friends laugh and leave without you.

He can cook up a decent meal when he feels like it, though there's only like 2-3 dishes he can confidently make. He isn't experimental in the slightest and has this habit of putting dill in everything, which is something his mom used to do. I'm just happy he's trying, so I don't mind the dill that much. I've tried teaching him a couple of times but I don't think he's all that interested.