What sauce do you put on your steak?

What sauce do you put on your steak?

>sauce
>steak

I spotted the pleb.

The only acceptable answer

Sometimes I'll make a pan sauce or a brandy sauce. But usually I don't.
Better with prime rib or roast beef, but it works for steaks pretty well.

I know OP is baiting but there are many classic dishes that use sauce. Saying no steak should ever have any sauce ever just makes you sound like a tryhard that wants to fit in but doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

>Steak au Poivre doesn't exist
>Steak Diane isn't a thing
>Salsa Verde...
>etc

Or I have personal preference that's backed by centuries of consideration on the matter.

It doesn't matter that you can drum up a handful of "dishes that use sauce." Those who know prefer their meat naked, and that is that.

Oh, Kate. Who's the tryhard?

I'll make my own radish sauce for thin cut steaks.

For thicker cut I typically use a standard deglaze.

I mix a1, 57, worcestershire, melted butter, balsalmic vinegar and garlic powder together

The tears of the useless faggot that cooked me a steak that needed sauce.

4/10 bate.
Made me reply.

No sauce, I just pour the beef broth/juice stuff all over it.

>I have no idea what meat even tastes like

Thanks for stopping by.

If anything...blue cheese butter

>Those who know prefer their meat naked, and that is that.

Fucking pleb, you only eat your meat naked? I haven't touched anything that could be said to enhance the flavors of the meats and vegetables I eat since 2001.
It appears your try hard attitude just isn't enough for anyone to give a fuck

Katsup

>no really I'm not a memelord my personal preference just happens to be superior

Jus

>2001 + 15
>eating food

seriously, don't do this

>sauces are pleb
>us real men only eat meat naked, Kate
>who's the tryhard now?

It's still you.

Ooooooo woah waaw

Rosemary demi, heard.

Diane sauce is best sauce

What do you deglaze with? Beef broth/stock??

Straight beef broth? Who are you?

i marinate london broil in this biotch

shiet im dumb

>I'd prefer no sauce with my steak

Ketchup cause it's great on everything

well, i dunno.

are we doing chateaubriand? filet oscar? au poivre? just a strip steak 'meat, starch and veg' pile? the fuck, son?

Depends on the steak. But a few of my favorites:

1: Caramelized mushrooms with a Marsala reduction.
2: Bearnaise
3: Cognac and peppercorn cream sauce
4: Herbed demiglace
5: Chimmichurri

And yes, sometimes when I'm lazy and its a cheap cut seared off fast good old A1.

>Wow im literally being trained to eat everything sweetened to fuck and i still do it anyways!

Americans, everyone.

Well done with 'chup and 'cha

Yes, me too. Goes great with a medium rare beef steak, fried mushrooms, peas and potatoes.

Also, might be obvious but:
Leg of lamb steak - mint sauce
Pork/gammon steak - apple sauce

Brandy cream

A1, used to be A1 Tabasco but I think its discontinued

I love lamb and lamb chops might be my favorite meat. That being said, I never got on board with mint sauce, and still turn to horseradish as the only acceptable condiment for lamb along with steak (rare) prime rib, etc.,

What are some similar sauces to A1? Ive been using it for years but want to try something else, any suggestions?

Heinz 51 was my grandfather's favorite, and quite tasty. S&P sauce (if you can find it, its British) is similar to A1 but has its own unique flavor.

I love horseradish but it overpowers the flavor of a steak in my opinion. Which might be what you want if its crappy meat? Usually I like it with roast beef slices or slabs!

Is there a chicago style steak?

You mean H&P right?

You mean HP? I thought that user might've meant L&P (Lea & Perrins). Dunno what S&P could be. Google seems to imply it's an Aussie thing.

Baitposting aside,

Why is steak considered such a high-profile meal that there are such passionate arguments over it regarding how it's cooked?

I mean, anonymous will argue over anything, but you don't see someone posting about how fried eggs are the best and someone responding that you're an absolute cad for eating anything other than poached master race.

Why is steak so special?

Because it's like a personal roast beef. A nice chunk of beast all to yourself, cooked your way. If a steak is cooked incorrectly for you, it's easy to get angry with the cook.

HP sauce

Ketchup with a bunch of fresh cracked black pepper and a bit of salt. It's really good to put lemon all over the steak too.

>he puts Sauce on his steak

Im not a big fan of sauces on steak, but I do make an exception for blue cheese butter.

Mustard. English mustard. Smear a thin layer on top, and that's all it needs.

Generally nothing, sometimes a bit of butter sauce.

If it's good steak nothing
If it's just okay steak Peppercorn Sauce all day long

Kill yourself.

Red wine reduction with shallots usually.

yep, pretty much this

The only correct answer. Homemade jus

just what?

I usually sling together some worchestershire and olive oil with minced garlic and a small amount of ketchup and soy sauce, it's bretty gud brown sauce

Narisawa is 2 stars and serves their kobe steak with a sauce. A good steak is always improved by a good sauce

>Oh, Kate. Who's the tryhard?

You.

Normally none, but if I'd choose any I'd prefer béarnaise.

A simple red wine sauce is what I'd go for with lamb.

Only correct answer

Red wine sauce.
Just a little of it.

based

No salt?

>Oh, Kate. Who's the tryhard?
you, you fucking melt