Visiting a farmers market tomorrow. any advice?

visiting a farmers market tomorrow. any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

sustainabletable.org/seasonalfoodguide/
fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/whats-in-season-summer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy some food

Avoid everything that isn't food.

Excellent

bonus points if you piss off a hippie

make sure to haggle like a motherfucker because people who sell at those things are gypsies

Check these to find out what produce is in season in your area:
sustainabletable.org/seasonalfoodguide/
fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/whats-in-season-summer

Stick to tomatoes, fresh fruits like berries/peaches, and rare varieties of plain vegetables like purple (sweet) potatoes.

Forgot to add the first tip is to filter out year-old produce that never goes out of season like potatoes, onions, and apples.

Walk around once before buying anything. That way you can get an idea of what's available and where the best prices are.

Not , but that isn't a joke. A lot of farmer's market have a lot of bullshit that isn't food. Even the food ends up being shit sometimes.

In general though just go by feel and smell like you would at a grocery store. I'd say focus on tomatos, depending on your taste or where you live, because they have a much stronger taste.

Be fucking wary of mushrooms.

>bullshit that isn't food.
Also baked goods, unless there is a fundraiser going on you will never come out better buying that fudge from the stall over making it yourself, either from a taste or wallet perspective.

Get some honey and jam/jelly.

Best honey and jam/jelly I ever had was from a farmer's market.

>bullshit that isn't food

You reminded me of the weeabos that bought a table at the local farmers market and tried to sell cheap ceramic mugs and plates with meme faces drawn on them with sharpie. This was last year even! People avoided their table like the plague. They had this hilarious look of self realisation too.

I assume part of what you should be considering with a famer's market is location, but I'm not really sure what's the best local stuff for northern Texas. Thoughts?

Make sure to act pretentious so that you'll impress the cutie hipster vendor girls... She might even give you a discount ;)

My farmer's market is held by the church, so it's mostly old ladies.

even better

walk around it once before you consider pulling out your wallet, that way youll see what there is and come back to things instead of impulse buying all the shit

this, and don't buy premade shit, it's always incredibly expensive, more-so than the produce

are you sure this isn't a swap meet/crafts fair?

No, it's specifically a farmer's market.

what's your demographic? curious what type of person has never been to a farmer's market before.

is there a sign or some sort of indicator on a website to be sure?

check

got it

I'm pretty sure this one, at the very least, also has flowers. No thanx.

white, urban, mid-twenties, child of the upper-middle class.

I'm not OP, I've been there before.

Just keep telling every vender "WE ARE FARMERS BUM BA BUM BUM BA BUM BUM"