ITT: comfy food to eat and drink when you have a cold/flu/fever

ITT: comfy food to eat and drink when you have a cold/flu/fever

Help me anons, I'm full of boogers and icky stuff

Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich

Also anything with a shitton of garlic and onion to get rid of the boogers

Ancient chinee secret...

Seriously this herbal shit will treat ebola, and I don't even believe in herbal remedies

Halp

I used to have lucozade or lucozade orange when ill. Ginger beer was good too. Not sure difference between ginger beer and ginger ale.

A Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza

I eat a shitton of spicy food,including Shin Ramyun and kimchi
mostly stuff with vinegar and pepper

1. Gargle warm salt water. The salt will kill a bunch of the germs in your throat and the warmth will massage it and help with any soreness. Yes, it will return, but you'll get rid of some of the phlegm for a while.

2. Use a humidifier. A poor man's humidifier is to boil a pot of water, let it rest for a bit, and then put your head over the (slightly cool) steam with a towel blocking the steam from escaping. That, or take a long, steamy shower.

3. Avoid dairy. Dairy is what helps produce the phlegm that's stuffing you up. Avoid coffee: it dehydrates you.

4. You've got the right idea with the ginger ale: between it and pickles those are two foods that people will eat to avoid nausea. Be sure to keep pushing fluids.

5. Another way to get rid of congestion is to eat spicy foods. Eating a good sized chunk of wasabi might not feel good in the moment, but it'll clear out your passages pretty well.

6. If you're feeling nauseous, go for the straight BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast: all very simple but nutritious foods that will be easy on the stomach. Combine the rice with a warm broth to make a tasty soup. Add hot pepper flakes to get the spiciness in there.

7. I don't know about it myself, since I've never tried them, but some people swear by neti pots. What scares me is the risk of infection of the sinuses, which could be a big deal, but that's up to you.

Hope that helped!

>i drink sugar water when im sick
>i dont know what natural flavors are

A hot toddy.

Two bottles of these

One way ticket to comfytown

I use a neti pot, and they work really well. People get infections because they don't boil the water before hand, but if you make sure to do that, the warm salt water will really do a great job clearing out your sinuses.

that's definitely a one-way ticket to somewhere
i dunno if i'd call it comfy town lol

this holy shit yeah lemme get some corn syrup to help my sick body

Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C also plenty of water.

if feeling like an uncoordinated zombie who can barely walk and is nauseous, and then feeling like crap for a long time afterwards is comfytown

My mom used to make campbells chicken noodle soup, saltines covered in a shitload of butter, and 7-up with a shot of nyquil, and have a humidifier net to my bed

yes they were helicopter parents

The comedown's the best part what are you talking about

What the nigger did you just say?

Kill yourself

You'll seriously feel much better if you drink water instead of soda. When you're used to soda you don't realize how syrupy it is, even diet soda.

Wasabi peas will clear you out in 3 seconds flat.

Does anyone else's sore throat get more painful when drinking water rather than soda, even though soda is harsher on the throat?

Ginger tea brah. Steep with fresh ginger, a hot pepper (habanero for some heat and sweetness is my choice) and some honey and that shit will settle the stomach as well as clear those nasal passages very well.