What temperature do you pan fry burger patties at? Homemade (beef) ones from the fridge, not frozen...

What temperature do you pan fry burger patties at? Homemade (beef) ones from the fridge, not frozen. I keep hearing different things.

Hot enough to cook them through

What? Just cook that shit, its not hard. Fucks sake i bet you would get a thermometer out to heat up beans

on my stove, medium or a bit higher than medium.

I want it hot enough that it will hurt my finger immediately if I put it on the pan but not so hot that the pan is smoking.

high enough to sear them and cook through, but low enough not to burn them.

Best answers in this dumb fuck thread

>pan frying burgers

Fucking flyovers

What's wrong with living in a flyover state?

The best burgers in the world are cooked on a flatop.Why are you so stupid user?

7 on my 1-9 heatlevel stove.

OP here, I chose 4 out 6 on the heat, turned out fine. They cooked faster than I expected so they got slightly overdone.
The second one tasted better than the first one, is that just because it got to rest for a bit?

we don't know. stop asking questions that require us to know detailed shit about what you did and how your kitchen is set up.

You don't have to live around niggers, mexicans and other miserable people like everyone else.

Why should you get off so easy?

High heat.

The number of times i flip depends on their thickness.

Start with medium on your stove dial. I usually do 1" thick 70/30 burgers at medium heat 3-5 mins per side. Renders out some of the fat, dissolves most of the connective tissue, yet remains a moist medium doneness with a good browning with one flip. Medium rare or rare isn't so great with 70/30, imo. If you're doing an 80/20 ground beef you think about cooking medium rare and either turn the heat up to medium high and flip sooner. You gotta watch leaner beef carefully. It'll dry out on you pretty quick. You gotta do a batch and make adjustments. You keep hearing different things because everyone's stove, pan, and preferences are different.

yeah this. also 80/20 has always been my favorite. Medium high, sear, flip, turn down a bit, then turn again to melt whatever cheese on top and turn it off and cover to let it melt.

P.S. This post was brought to you by:

>80/20

I made me some 40/60 (yes, that's correct, 40% lean/60% fat)....it was glorious

Since were talking beef patties

What do you season them with? Soy sauce is pretty much the norm now

Honestly I just smash some garlic in there, kosher salt and cracked pepper. Sometimes I put a dash of worcestershire on top right before I melt the cheese. that's it.

Picante sauce