Today, we're making Carne Con Chili...

Today, we're making Carne Con Chili, with a side of some sort of Chickpea Paella that I'm throwing together with cabinet strays.

For the Chili con carne, we have 2.5 lbs of chuck tender steaks, the last Roma tomatoes my grocery store had on the shelf, 2 jalapeƱos, 1 Serrano pepper, and one Poblano pepper. Oh, and a yellow onion.

For the chickpea abomination, we're starting with instant rice (I'm just trying to get rid of this stuff), tomato paste, and canned chickpeas, along with spices and garlic and the rest of that onion.

First things first, we're turning on the broiler...

>chuck steak
>tomato paste
>onion
i am triggered

do you hate poop....where in the fuck is all the fiber?

>where in the fuck is all the fiber?
everything except the meat has fiber, even the white rice has a small amount

Cut all your steak into bite size pieces using your super Veeky Forums-approved chef's knife!

(Halfway through cutting)

Put those tomatoes and peppers in a roasting pan and stick em under the broiler

I didn't think of that... I have some (canned) black beans I can throw in with the rice but idk how that's gonna go...

Start searing your meat with diced onions (I forgot to take a picture of me dicing, but I'm using half the onion) and generous salt and pepper. I added a little cumin are coriander here.

>searing
That isnt searing, that is stewing.

Next time do the meat in small batches and onion afterwards, otherwise you just steam the meat instead of getting a nice brown crust on it. It takes a little longer but it's definitely worth it for the flavor.

Now,after 10 minutes roasting, pull your veggies out of the oven. Let the tomatoes cool, then peel the skins...

Now we finish roasting those peppers the fun way....

Presto!

I'm just adding the Serrano and Poblano peppers today.. the jalapeno is going back to the fridge.

Now, put all that in a blender (skipping that picture because my uploads are taking 5ever)

Puree it. Add it to your beef and reduce the heat the low and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Maybe add salt, I'm definitely not an expert.

Put the lid on at this point too.

Now for the experimental shit.. cook your minute rice as normal, then add a clove of garlic, a quarter of an onion (diced), and a can of tomato paste.

but can you cook it in 58 seconds?

I added canned black beans instead of chickpeas... and some water. I'm gonna try to cook this down because it's more like a soup. Meanwhile, im taking the carne con Chili off the heat because I added a cup of water to it and it's already reduced now. It looks nearly ready.

I'll admit I'm not too impressed with my results tonight. I'm not going to make an infographic of this one. Apparently, trying to take pics, shitpost, and cook for people who are patiently waiting on you, is just too much for me. And I really shouldn't have done this with a meal I didn't know well.

It tastes pretty good though. Just not as good as the other carne con Chili I made, or the last Paella I made.

Thanks for reading, Veeky Forums, I've got to feed my guests now.

Doesn't look bad, would probably top it with sour cream and maybe cilantro. Would eat.

One hour for chili? Well, there's your problem right there.

Gotta learn somehow, you cant just expect to know how to do everything or do everything with 100% success the first time.

The rice and beans looks better than the chili.

Thanks. My parents loved it, and said it was better than my last go at chili. The paella and chili were both great, I just shouldn't have cooked the meat so fast at the beginning, and should've simmered the chili much longer.

I agree.. I should've picked up both at the grocery today