Want to make a roux

>want to make a roux
>buy some flour
>come home
>see this

cnn.com/2016/05/31/health/general-mills-flour-recall/index.html

Federal and state health officials are investigating an outbreak of E. coli O121 that has caused 38 cases of illness across 20 states, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday. Ten of those individuals have been hospitalized.

Out of an abundance of caution, General Mills announced the voluntary recall of more than 10 million pounds of flour because it may be linked to the outbreak.

>asked general mills if it's safe to use
>tfw

how the fuck did e.coli get into flour
let alone survive in the damn stuff

Dont be a fucking cheap nigger OP it costs less than $5 for a sack of flour. Toss the bad stuff and get a new bag. Do you need someone to wipe your ass for you too?

I might if i contract e coli.

Ass wiping services cost you a swift kick to the balls. If you've had mexican or italian thats 3 to the balls with a hammer.

Roux is heated you clown. E. coli dies in heat. The people who die from this are people who eat raw dough or do their little sourdough starter at home

>I think I taste some fecal matter in these buns I baked, yup, I definately taste fecal matter, but it's ok, because my oven is properly calibrated to heat up to a point and kill off the e.coli.

>Gold Medal flour
FUG. I usually buy King Arthur but the store was out when I went earlier this month.

Bump for safety.

Fuck, bought a bag a week ago but haven't opened it yet. Hopefully I can take it back.

>not buying based King Arthur
lol

to be fair any properly baked bread is gonna be well above the temperature required to kill bacteria, this is why salt risen bread is a thing

you can get e.coli from pretty much anything dog

>spending your whole paycheck on fucking flour

if walmart sells it it's not "based" you pleb

I'm not overly concerned and neither should anyone else. If you have recalled flour, take it back for a refund. If you've eaten stuff you've made with it, you'll probably be fine and nothing will happen. How do I know this? When I read an article on this earlier, there were only 38 cases.

38, with flour, sold over a period of several months. That is an incredibly low percentage.

Flour comes from wheat
Wheat grows outside
Outside is where animals shit and turtles contaminate everything

>some of the ill individuals also consumed raw dough or batter

top kek

KAF master race

bump for interest

>bought a bag of this over a week ago
>got a call from supermarket saying to recall my purchase since it was in their system due to the e coli
>already used said flour a week ago in baking banana bread

fug

Just read this in my work mail today.
That feel when you bought this flour a few days ago, have already cooked with it, but put it in your flour container and tossed the bag so you can check the lot number to see if the flour was an affected batch.

I'm going to risk it. This must be what living dangerously feels like.

Call me crazy, but doesn't raw dough get you sick on it's own? I mean it probably sits there festering in your intestines and all sorts of crazy stuff takes place.
Yea, just make sure your oven is properly calibrated, wouldn't want to get sick.

>e. coli
>In flour

LUTHER!!!
DID YOU SHIT IN THE MILLING MACHINE AGAIN?

>38 illnesses

It's usually because most dough includes raw egg which has a salmonella risk. There's not really a risk in eating something like bread dough unless you eat way too much of it.