What was the lowest part of your life in regards to food?

What was the lowest part of your life in regards to food?

>stealing creamers from fast food places to use as milk

Ketchup sandwiches or ketchup on crackers when I was a kid. We were extremely poor for a couple years.

What caused this?

>repeatedly posting 'go 'za in an attempt to force a meme and be funny

Continuously refilled black beans in a slowcooker, obviously rotting cooked rice fried into heavily spiced eggs fritters, chicken that's going bad soaked in brine and shoaxing wine

There was probably a lot of worse things but I blocked out most of it because poverty is traumatizing for chronically homeless people like myself.

Dad had fast food jobs, and a drug habit. Wrote a lot of hot checks and stole food and necessities for us and got caught, so went to jail for a few years. Mom didn't have a job at the time because he was a control freak, but she started working her way up using her nursing degree once he got sent away.

Glad it turned out ok.
Men are bastards.

>Men are bastards.

ketchup on pasta.

Eating nothing but rice and butter for a day because no money.

It's not as bad as you'd expect but still terrible.

Hiding food from my old roommates by putting left overs in plastic sandwich bags and putting them behind the frozen fruit they'd never eat so they don't eat everything because they were fat fucks.

>find key to parents house in junk drawer
>walk up to the house when they should be at work
>stepdad sees me before I can turn away
>ehh sorry man I just wanted to make a couple sandwiches.. blew all my money gambling
>np man help yourself

Wish I wasnt such an alcoholic, gambling addict. Still manage to pay bills but sometimes I'll just blow $400 in one day.

Literally never been poor enough to contribute to this. I'm about to get divorced and I have small pension and no house so should have a great answer soon

what a loser

dont wish you werent, just dont be. get help. decide that youre going to deal with feeling uncomfortable for a bit and find a hobby to occupy you until your withdrawals go away.

Thanks I guess?
Its not like I dont tell myself this once or twice a month.

Buttered bread and tomato sauce
Tomato and mayo sandwiches
Whole avocado

Basically all I ate when I was very broke. I don't understand why people willingly eat like this.

so am i supposed to feel bad for you thinking it and not doing anything? normal people motivate themselves to fix their lives. why even mention it publicly if you don't want people to comment on it.

>be me
>be 13
>be dirt poor
>no dinner again tonight user
>family in bed by 7pm
It's easier to ignore the hunger pangs when you're asleep.

Maybe his addictions are hard to manage, like your addiction to being an unsympathetic cunt.

I just moved out recently

I taken to marinating pork in soy spices sriracha and dipping plain spaghetti in the drippings after it bakes.

Honestly , I've eaten worse tasting pasta.

That's not really your low, shame on them

ty

Don't you have some shit memes to force?

GIF fags need to die

I spent the last six months eating peanut butter sandwiches and popcorn, and maybe the occasional bowl of rice.

The shit of it is, I wasn't even "poor" I was living with my mother and stepfather while I saved up money for an apartment. But while my mom said I didn't have to buy food while I there, my stepfather had real issues with me leaving my room/occupying the general living space, or eating any of their "good" foods, like juice, cheese, fresh veggies, or even doing any cooking.

It was 6 months of hell. I'm glad I'm free.
>tfw I gained 30lbs from all those carbs tho

If you were saving money, didn't you have a job?

Shirley you could have paid for a little other food if your senpai was so uptight about you using theirs

they are though.

I was a raging drunk for a few years and at one point I started going to the food pantry to get food because I was spending the rest of my disposable income on rent and booze

I stopped that shit but looking back it makes me feel pretty bad. my city has a big poverty problem

pls do not be rude

That gif is so depressing
I've eaten a few ready made dinners in my time. But I've never stared at them through the window

During the height of the recession, I had to quit school and move back in with mom and dad
Dad's business went under and mom lost her job
We were struggling really bad for 3 or so years.
5 times a week, we'd get a single $5 Hot n Ready pizza from Little Cesears and shared it among us.
My parents were caring enough to let me have the larger share
Sometimes that was all the food we'd have for the day.
If any of us had the day off, we'd go to the grocery store, buy what ever was on sale and figure out how to cook dinner
After the recession died down, dad re-opened his business and we've managed to make a decent living.
Not as good as pre-recession days, but we live without worries and can afford to plan our grocery lists on what we want and not what's on sale, and can go out to a nice restaurant once a month.
But yeah, I can assure you. I'd rather be stuck up rich cunt than be poor any day of the week.

This is more to do with obesity that it is to do with being poor.

Back when I was at my fattest, about 462lbs, I sat in my car for several hours a day tracking the movements of the 3 Chinese people who worked at the local Chinese place. I managed to figure out the exact times at which the kitchen was left unattended.

A few days later I was hungry for chinese food but couldn't afford it (I already paid for a Burger King that day) so I went to the back of the restaurant, and when I thought it was empty snuck into the back door and started drinking a bottle of toasted sesame oil and eating some uncooked egg noodles.

Anyway I got tired from drinking and eating so I ran to the front of the shop to sit down and pretend I came in to order something but a family was sitting waiting for the chef to come back so they could order. They were stunned and I managed to slide over the counter and escape but the shame meant I never went back.

I did this with soda for mixers my entire freshman year, I couldn't afford 2-liters and the cafeteria closed at 10pm. That was way before my scheduled bedtime and before I had even really started drinking for the night.

I had a full-time job that pays a few cents above minimum, but I was literally only able to stay at my mom's house for 6 months, so every last penny went to car and phone payments, and savings.

I just figured I should suck up the food situation and deal with it, since I knew it wasn't permanent.

I will never understand why people are this fucking stupid.

Crackers are not cheap, neither is ketchup, yet your parents wasted money on this shit.

really reinforces that stupidity is the cuase of most child hunger

>poor as shit
>buy pizza from fucking ceasers
more example of stupidity making you even more poor.

It's true though

that's not even a fat problem. you're just a disgusting, mentally ill freak

You're a college student aren't you

I know right?

You could have literalyl been full to the point of pain on rice and beans every single night for the same price before committing suicide because you could never put one more rice or bean in your mouth

>Ugly white chick thinks she's hot shit
Typical.

>ugly Veeky Forums user thinks his post was hot shit.
Typical.

Stop being an enabling faggot and tell the worthless addict to fix himself back into a shitty approximation of a human being.

Rice with noodles

>chick

You don't need a college education to understand rice and beans is cheaper than little Caesar's pizza

>That filename tho

when i was 13, my dad married a woman who was kind of a bitch, so i opted to stay with my grandparents instead. depending on their situation, they were either living in a car, a hotel room, or hopping from different campgrounds in their trailer. I lived on a diet of black olives and pepsi, with dollar menu chicken sandwiches and canned sardines spread in between.

>mom has seizure when i'm about 13
>goes to hospital, comes home a few days later
>starts hallucinating and talking to television, loses her job
>running out of food, use last dollars and empty out change jar to buy pizza
>someone gives us lunchmeat and lettuce
luckily she got better soon afterwards but i really hate seeing people waste food now, especially leftovers. i feel disappointed if i ever have any vegetables that spoil before being eaten that can't be salvaged by cutting off the bad parts.

Most people need to figure out why they do those things in the first place, even if he stopped gambling he might just pick up something else. It takes time to deal with those things, you can't just say "stop" and it's over.

I was addicted to a lot of things and felt bad about it, tried to stop, but I couldn't. Once I realized I was doing those things because I was traumatized from nearly being murdered as a kid I got rid of all my addictions pretty quickly and haven't ever picked up on any of them again.

You don't know what people are going through, most addicts already feel bad and some don't know why they're doing any of it. You don't have to enable them, but you're not helping by calling them worthless.

what i think the problem is for most criticizers is that people with addictions are over-indulgers. gambling, smoking, drinking, or almost anything else isn't necessarily bad if it's in moderation, but they're spending hundreds on gambling, or on drinking, and then they have the audacity to complain about it. after spending a ton of money on the kind of vices that some people can only hope to afford intermittently, and consider luxuries, there are people out there living life to the fullest and complaining about it.

Mate, if you turn tricks you can blow to get at least $400 per day. Semen contains protien, Vit C and Zinc among other things your body needs.

Not him, but lets do some calcumuhlations:
A 1lb box of store brand saltines costs $1.49.
Each pound provides six, 300ish cal servings.
By contrast, 1lb of pasta costs 57¢ and also provides 300ish cals.
20lbs of rice costs $7.99 IE under 40¢/lb and also provides 300ish cals.
The biggest difference here, however, is that pasta and rice are both typically enriched IE they have added nutrients while saltines typically do not. Ergo, not only do saltines costs around three times more than the other two options, they're also less nutritious, not to mention far less versatile.
And you know... you could eat a lot more than just rice and beans (which costs about 30¢ per 650 cal portion made with expensive-ass olive oil and only 25¢ per serving if using regular-ass veg oil from Wesson, the same price as the saltines alone).

You could eat egg-fried rice (19¢ per serving), rice and cabbage (35¢ per serving), pasta with spinach and cheese (65¢ per serving) and even have meat from time to time (chicken pilaf, for example, would only cost you 75¢ per serving).
So for the same price as saltines which need something else to make it a complete meal, you could just have rice and beans, which is not only complete, but also fairly nutritious.
So yeah: sign me up for the bean train, because fuck eating crackers all day.

I just don't believe you, sorry sport.

that's a very closed-minded way of thinking about addiction my friend. these people are often incapable of spending money on necessities.

>be from poor family
>mom and grandma great at cooking and baking though
>always eat home-cooked family dinners with two courses usually followed by dessert

Everything went better than expected.

in college i would blow way too much money. if anything, i eat more shitty now. i once had just a few slices of american cheese for dinner a week in a row. the 101 helped me get over that tho.

I had to pay an emergeny car bill, so it was rice, tony C's, and butter for two weeks.

>tfw the direct deposit hit at midnight and i lived a block away from a whataburger.

I was really poor as a kid so I've blocked out most specific meal memories.

I do remember my mom making only enough food for my sisters and me to eat. She more likely than not didn't eat.

"Oh I ate already"
"I'm not hungry"

Mom's a trooper.

for a few years i was eating out of the garbage and living out of my van

How could you possibly drink that much creamer, it has to be super concentrated with sugar and fat already...

Was your van down by the river?

well he ain't my boy but the brother is heavy
gave away my posessions and moved into a chevy
van, yeah that's the master plan, drove into the woods and ate corn out the can

Fuck that's painful but
>stepdad
>my wife's son
>/pol/ is always right

But you didn't ask him not to call you Shirley

oh Veeky Forums knows my low point well

when I was at my fattest I would purchase many $1 crispy chicken sandwiches from wendys and tuck them down the side of my mattress so they were pressed up against the radiator. That way any time I wanted I could reach down and have a hot chicken sandwich without ever getting out of bed.

Ah. high school student then
Someone who doesn't understand adult problems

Try working 8 hours straight in a high labor job with breaks only long enough to take a piss.
Then tell me you'll have the patience and energy to cook a meal at home.

Meme it up all you want, you never hear about the mom packing up and skipping town.
My mom wasn't the one who got a girlfriend on the internet, got married before they were legally divorced, and moved halfway across the country.

stealing bags of donuts from the dumpster outside Dunkin Donuts every few days.

>mfw when they caught on started adding the coffee grounds on top
>I threw away the top layer of donuts and stole more bags
>muhahaha
I'd reheat them in the oven when we had gas in the house. shit's actually pretty cash, they get sliiiiighty crispy on the outside and dead warm and soft all the way through

>how do I bought tupperware, cook a lot, and freeze them into meals
I have done exactly what you are doing. even more, we're talking rice, so rince that shit and put it in a rice cooker, and beans, leave it overnight in water and wait for it to sprout. tada, huge ammount of nutrition, just ad water and simer till done. they cook themfucking selves basically. but yeah, you're too poor and tired so you take the easy option of waste literally all your money. fuck even when I'm treating myself I usually pay less than a dollar a serving.

>What was the lowest part of your life in regards to food?

eating dumpster chips and peanuts for a week

Not him, but this is a family of three that works full time and gets a five dollar pie after work ending up at less than two dollars a person.

There's a difference between maximizing your food budget, and just wanting to eat after work.

You're not wrong. I work two jobs & go to school full time. I often stop someplace on the way home to eat.

However, I also prep meals on my days off. You can eat well everyday if you take an hour or two to cook & plan for the week.

That sounds disgusting.

Reading this thread has helped me realize I've had it pretty damn good.

Thanks guys.

adult problems like?

Feeding a family while working a energy-sapping full time job?

Not even anyone you're responding to by the way...

This

Jesus fucking christ

It doesn't take a ton of energy to cook beans and rice moron

Dumpster diving when I was addicted to opiates

Nor does that taste very good, and still takes almost an hour if you want to make it taste good (chopping onions etc).

Exhaustion after work is a thing, especially mental if they've just lost their business and are just trying to stay afloat. (Honestly, I'd say mental exhaustion from doing office work is worse than physical exhaustion when I was doing landscaping)

>it takes an hour to chop an onion

>chick

>What was the lowest part of your life in regards to food?

Microwaving margarine over spaghetti in college or telling Subway shop it was to go to skip in restaurant tax in grad school.

i think it's the etc that takes most of the time

Question, is rice as good as people say? I know its cheap but I also hear its really not that good for you

Back when I first moved out of my parents house I had shitty money management skills and would often run out of money a week or so before payday. I live near the coast I had access to salt water fish. I made a pretty boss Hawain sling spear and would go hunting for food in the afternoons. Id also dumpster dive for bread at Panara. I never went hungry, but at a lot of bread, fish, and oranges because there were a bunch of those trees in my town.

I'm married now and have two incomes in my house now with better money managing skills. But I kinda miss those days. Just getting dinner was an adventure.

>Grad school
>Negative money in bank account
>Eat chicken broth and onion for a whole week
>The onion was stolen

I've been there.
One time I had $1 left to buy noodles but instead I raided a mandarin tree and bought a lottery scratch card.
The card won $100 so we bought meat, veg and beer and had a little party to celebrate.
Fortune smiles upon the dumb it seems.

Do it again, user. Do it for old times' sake.

I still fish a lot for fun and food, but it's not the same. I know if I don't catch anything I can stop at a store and buy food. Maybe one day when the wife goes out of town I'll set up some kind of urban survival weekend.

Lots of Oreos with organic peanut butter and tillamook ice cream. Probably gained a pound a day that month.

When you've worked all day in a high labor job. Knowing you can have the luxury to not have to stand is more enticing than standing over a stove watching rice cook

Oh Judy, how I want to comfort you with a pan of honey glazed rosemary baby carrots and a heaping side of wilted spinach and garlic.

I'm so sad when you're sad, I'll bring over the food to your terrible little room and we can sit on your cheap old bed and eat and laugh and be happy for a while, and then...and then, I might reach out and stroke your ears, sitting on the bed together, gently, just gently, and then, and then, and then....

Oh, Judy

>standing over a stove watching rice cook
you can just leave it? why are you watching it?

More related to ED than being a poorfag.
I became a NEAT after high school and started binge eating days I was alone.

I'd buy whatever junk I could afford, usually a container of Oreos, a pint of shitty ice cream, honey buns, donut holes from the store's bakery, and a frozen cheeseburger, and ate it all before anyone got home.

My family wanted to have an intervention about my weight, so I went from binging whenever I could to starving myself for a few years. I ate around 1,000 calories a day (inb4 no you didn't. I knew about weighing and logging my foods thanks to Veeky Forums). I was really pathetic in the gym and miserable eating out or at family events.

I binged again at the start of the year for a month. I've stopped and slowly losing the weight I gained from said binge. This is probably the "happiest" I've been with food in a while.

Erectile dysfunction?

>women don't cheat or initiate the majority of divorces
>anecdotal evidence

Kys, buddy.

>woman should stay in relationships with bastard husbands