ITT post food that elite taste find good but pedestrian taste find weird

ITT post food that elite taste find good but pedestrian taste find weird

I'll start, ham pancakes with maple

>implying savory breakfast meats don't taste great with syrup to everyone
I'm revoking your special snowflake card.

Exactly. What kid from the states hasn't dipped his breakfast sausages into the maple syrup?

I have this almost every day for breakfast, but I use buckwheat or rye flour instead of white. I didn't realize I was an elite, just thought I was a vermonter with way too much maple.

also, pic related.

Grey Goose.

I tried it once as a kid. It didn't taste very good so I stopped. The syrup was great for the pancakes though.

Sorry to hear. It sure was a treat at Bob Evans and Denny's.

Oh god. No offense intended, but what exactly were you eating at home such that Denny's was a "treat"? What exactly did your parents serve you for breakfast when it wasn't a "treat" day?

People on this board are triggered by savory and sweet combinations because they all have the pallets of children in Europe

Perhaps you're too old to remember being a child. But at that age, your food was ranked on your environment, not taste. If I had the best burger in the world sitting in a grey room it sucked. If I had a shit burger while being entertained by a clown then it was the best. Hence enjoying sweet overindulgences at crappy restaurants because my parents were smart enough to only allow that nonsense on occasion.

I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

>enjoying a clown as a child

Why would anyone think that's weird?
There's nothing weird about maple with ham/bacon/sausage/roasted pork/any pork, really.
And, it's even better if you put a couple of sunny side up eggs on top.

My first exposure was Bozo the Clown so every clown following was the best thing ever. I figured they were all the same. Pretty sweet life being a 4-5 year old

While I admit that my memory earlier than age 8 isn't very good, I disagree. I remember going to pizza parties at Chuck E Cheese's with the other kids my age and thinking that the pizza sucked compared to the little italian joint down the road that we'd sometimes go to. I was always conflicted because on the one hand, I wanted to go have fun with the other kids, but on the other hand the pizza was awful.

>> because my parents were smart enough to only allow that nonsense on occasion.
Same here. When I was a kid we very very very rarely ate out. Maybe 4-5 times a year, and usually that was for a special event (birthday or something).

Now then, I've answered your question, please answer mine: What were you served by your parents for a normal breakfast?

>What were you served by your parents for a normal breakfast?

My mother moved here from Tennessee. Those Southerners loved their butter. For breakfast, we had buttered eggs, bacon and toast. I survived and went on to become a US Army Infantryman and ran a half dozen 20 milers. I guess it isn't as bad as some folks claim.

I hope you enjoy your night. Thanks for the polite exchange.

People on this board sperg about chicken and waffles being the WEIRDEST THING EVER, SAVORY DOES NOT GO WITH SWEET

Or pinneapple pizza being ZOMG HORRENDOUS

>savory does not go with sweet

Anybody who believes this is literally wrong

asparagus is the best uncommon pizza topping, though pineapple is pretty good too.

You don't go full buckwheat or rye, do you?

Also, fellow Vermonter with too much syrup.

You fell for a meme

yes i do.

Even on the rye pancakes? Full rye flour?

yes. it tastes fine just fine.