How long is oil good for after you use it to fry stuff...

how long is oil good for after you use it to fry stuff? will the oil I used monday and today to make onion rings still be good next week to make tendies? I've been filtering it through a paper towel and keeping it in a bottle in the refrigerator.

Other urls found in this thread:

oilsfats.org.nz/documents/Oxidation 101.pdf
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120222093508.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118035/
centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-true-shelf-life-of-cooking-oils/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off trailer trash

It good forever you faggot. Its oil. Just leave it in the pan if you want, nothing is going to happen to it.

Use it as many times as you want, unless you put something really strong in it and it changes the taste of the whole batch of oil.

If its not changing the taste of your food noticeably keep filtering and you'll be fine.

I don't have to worry about it going rancid any faster?

it'll stay good for a while, as long as it's completely strained of food and doesn't burn. some flavors will carry over, so keep that in mind if you ever fry fish or anything.

if it smells off or starts to burn at lower temperatures, it's time to toss it.

as long as it takes you to finish beating off

Use it as lube when you fuck your sister's loose ass

Its oil bro, its like the lowest maintenance thing you're going to deal with. It doesn't have to be kept at a certain temperature and it doesn't go bad. Just keep straining it and replace it if its flavor starts to carry over and affect other dishes' flavor.

Oil doesn't go "rancid"

It does help that you keep it in the fridge. It would last even longer if you kept it in the freezer.
It's also not so much the oil that goes bad as the food particles in it.
So in your case I'd just keep on using it until it either starts getting black, it starts smelling funny, or it starts making your food taste bad.

Note: Deep frying fish taints your oil forever, at least until you throw it out and get new oil.

>tfw my first restaurant job was at a place where the owners were too cheap to replace the oil in the fryers more frequently than once every two months

That shit would start to foam on top. I felt it unethical and had no time to filter so I started bringing my own.

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, just so everyone knows

Forgot to answer your question. Basically what everyone else is saying, it's SAFE to reuse for weeks if you filter out the food bits.

Sterilize it with some 'go 'za

Some people call me the king of oil, the connessiour of condiments friend.

Fuck yourself, I have more degrees than you have brain cells.

Oil is like car oil, it doesn't "go bad". That would be silly. Its just oil.

This.

Throw a piece of (authentic) 'Go 'Za in it before you start cooking and it will clean 'er right up!!! :D:D:D::D

No thanks necessary!!

EDIT: THANKS FOR THE GOLD OMG!!! ITS MY FIRST TIME!!! D:D:D

I have some olive oil that turned a bluish color after sitting in the cabinet for seven years. Safe to use?

its smoke point decreases, it makes greasier food and it starts to develop fishy aromas as it becomes more and more rancid. on a home stove this can happen very quickly. it also happens with car oil you idiot.

no

>Oil doesn't go "rancid"
Yes it does. Liquid fats are inherently unstable and prone to chemical breakdowns via interactions with air molecules, moisture, & UV (light) radiation which is why some oils come in dark colored bottles. The end products of this process primary oxidated compounds of hydroperoxides, which further break down into secondary compounds of alkenals & aldehydes which are known to be carcinogenic.
oilsfats.org.nz/documents/Oxidation 101.pdf
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120222093508.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118035/

This constant oxidation is sped up when heat is applied. Some oils such as avocado or refined olive varieties are more stable than others at higher temperatures.
centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/

This is good advice especially since the expiry date on the container in from the time of oil extraction not shipment making them unreliable indicators from a consumer's prospective.
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-true-shelf-life-of-cooking-oils/

your dumb, oil doesn't go rancid

How poor do you have to be to reuse vegetable oil?

>cooking with car oil
you're going to die

It aint even good until like the 10th use you gotta season that shit too you know

>using jugged oils
not a fuckin chance

Only an idiot would throw out a whole pot of oil used one time to deep fry.

As long as you filter it, OP, and store it in an airtight container in a cool dark place, you can reuse it many, many times before it begins to break down (you don't even need to keep it in the fridge). Oil that's been used a few times actually produces better fried food than using fresh oil every time.

It generally only takes a few uses for oil to go shitty in a domestic setting, for commercial fryers this is more accurate

just make sure all of it goes into the dish

Holy fuck it turned blue? Pics or it didnot happen amigo