You're stuck in a hotel room for 2 weeks with only 40 bucks for food and a microwave. What do you buy?

You're stuck in a hotel room for 2 weeks with only 40 bucks for food and a microwave. What do you buy?

Liquor

I should also add there is a small fridge with a very small frozen section

$35 worth of cheap booze and $5 worth of ramen

eat the ramen dry like chips out of the bag

Buy $40 worth of cheap vodka and scrounge the hallways for leftover room service food.

That sounds like hell. I could make it for 2 weeks at home on a food budget of $40, but in a hotel? Don't think I could do it.

canned beans with a pull tab
water
maybe some multi vitamine

also a bowl so I can microwave them

Giant bag of potatoes
David sunflower seeds to pass the time
Big ass thing of rice
Tupperware to nuke it all in the micro
Big sack of off brand popsicles

why would you have enough money for a hotel but $20 a week food budget?

t. travel job user

40 dollars worth of microwavable bean burritos. I think you only need like 2 of those a day to live

This guy knows how to sustain.

Respect carb bro.

Not even a hot plate?

Jesus christ.
That picture embodies every negative human emotion

I start pan handling or begging or whatever I can do to get more money.

temporarily displaced from former housing, no success in procuring new housing

oh god that looks so fucking miserable

Instant ramen is your best bet.

People consider $5 a day "budget" eating, but with only $40 for 14 days that leaves you $2.85 a day. Buy a case of bulk ramen and pray your heart doesn't give out from all the sodium.

People like this are the reason I will never shop at a walmart ever again.

Box of oatmeal packets
oranges and celery
Cheap peanut butter and loaf of bread
Packaged sliced meat like turkey or ham.
Gallons of drinking water

Why the fuck would he buy water?

You don't even have to use any, let alone all of the flavor packets.

Rice is probably cheaper.

Eh, it's habit for me to buy filters for my zero water container, I have hard tap water here in Indiana, and have made a regular practice to not drink tap water ...

So if OP can drink tap water in his room, use that leftover money for apples.

Gin, bread, and ice.

OP is literally going to starve. I'm sure he'll make due with whatever water comes out of the tap.

this is probably closest to what I'll do. Peanut butter and oats are cheap and last a bit. Bread is like a dollar, butter is like 3 so theres also that. frozen individual buritos can be had for 33 cents so I'm not too worried but I wanted to see how other people would manage

it's not that bad and I've managed with much less before. people underestimate peanut butter and grains and always go for ramen for some unknown reason. There's also free breakfast so the main trouble is lunch/dinner

>lunch

as much as i love lunch it can be negated as a meal for a slightly larger dinner

I typically fill up on a large breakfast and then have a large late lunch and then a small meal or snack before I sleep

>free breakfast

Well shit, load up in the morning, pocket some fruit and pastries for later, and you'll be perfectly fine.

Don't skimp on the produce, OP...you'll need their nutrients. Oranges are cheap, if you can swing it, celery will be good with your peanut butter and celery is a really good at making you feel full.

Assuming you're starting with nothing other than utensils, you'd have to spend an average of under $1 per meal (seven days in a week × two weeks × three meals in a day = forty-two meals = under 96¢ each meal).
Doable, but difficult, especially due to only having a nukebox. If there were some other cooking implement, it'd be easy, but without, it's not at all.

24 pack of hotdogs for about $3-5 depending on brand and location
$4 worth of bologna
$5 worth of bread
$4 for ketchup and mustard
$2.50 for 12 pack of ramen

Can invest in some canned goods from there with the remaining $20 and eat like a king.

This is how I spend my monthly budget most of the time, though with more frozen foods due to less restrictions outside of $40-$60 budget mindset

Go to the dollar store and buy $1 beef steaks, get a bag of spuds, rice and brocolli.

$20 of totinos pizza rolls, $5 of the best bbq sauce you'll ever taste , $15 of sleep pills,

typically bananas and orange juice are nice and cheap, and I think I can get those at breakfast some of the time, and those huge bottles of fruit smoothies for like 5 bucks could be an option(prolly not at the moment). can also get a bag of whole carrots for a dollar, and then there's those frozen or canned green vegetables; celery's a good idea. I'd go with potatos but microwaved potatoes aren't right, man

39 green chili bean burritos and an Arizona peach tea.

fresh fruits and nuts, vegetables that go good raw, butter crackers, and bread

first off? oats. yes its booring but OATS. some bananas or apples to put in it. thats all of breakfast taken care of in under 6 dollars.

next, beans and rice, shouldn't put you above 10 for the whole 2 weeks.

use the remaining 24 to buy whatever the fuck you want. raid the condiment bar for cheap packets of salt ketchup mayo etc as needed for your meals. don't be a dick bag that takes what you don't need.

this assumes you have a pan. if you don't have a big pan or decent sized pot, find a good will, if you can't. you're fucked.

hahahaha what the fuck

Are you at AT, user? I just got settled into my room. These two weeks are gonna fly by.

When I was a kid walking through the grocery store aisles I would constantly wonder how long I would survive in a certain aisle if all of them were suddenly enclosed and walled off from one another.

Like, some people would get stuck in the condiment aisle, and others would get stuck in the aisle with the detergent and air fresheners.

Stock up on the carbs and V8.

a bottle of bleach to drink. use the rest to tip the girlscouts outside. one might flash you if you're lucky

nongshim black ramen

I guess the best aisle would be either the canned stuff (hopefully most of it has a pop top), or the produce (just hope you don't mind it raw).
>meat would have no heat source
>freezer aisle would be questionable once stuff has thawed
>bakery would be instantaneous beetus
>ditto for the soda aisle
>booze aisle would be an al/ck/'s wet dream
>chip/cracker aisle would be hell after a few days when you're begging for a drink of anything

I'd buy a lot of limes

Canned aisle would ultimately be the best. Lasts the longest and holds the widest variety of foods in addition to hydrating stuff.

Canned beans, canned chicken, canned vegetables, and instant rice.
I can't imagine what kind of hotel room would have a microwave but no minifridge, though.

Seven would probably do the trick

>look mom I'm being edgy on the internet

I've never made rice in the microwave (and i'm sure thats a really bad idea if its not instant)

I'd buy instant mashed potato flakes that come in a large box, and maybe steal salt and butter packets from whole foods or whatever to season them with

10 pack refried beans $8
25 pack flour tortillas $4
10 packs of top ramen $3
1 block of velveeta cheese $4

you can get free condiments at your hotels breakfast, convenience stores or supermarkets in the deli section.
If there is room service at your hotel just ask them for silverware and a bowl and plate or grab a few at the buffet.
try to score free stuff off the breakfast buffet as well. they usually allow you to take tray to your room if you dont want to sit there and eat, load the tray up, act like your making a breakfast plate for your gf/bf. if they have those sausages or bacon grab a bunch, you can make sandwiches with them.
2 weeks would be easy.

Your life makes me sad

a hooker with a penis.

peanut butter & jelly
bread
cheapest tv dinner thing you can get
>you would get one meal + a microwave safe dish
dozen eggs
tortillas
refried beans
chorizo
ramen
bananas
if there is any money left, spend the rest on tostinos pizzas/pizza rolls and beer

$ implies I'm in America.

I'll go buy a gun and kill myself before the food makes me fat. Or throw myself off the top of the hotel.