First 3 ingredients in heinz ketchup: tomato concentrate , distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup

>first 3 ingredients in heinz ketchup: tomato concentrate , distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup
>first 3 ingredients in sweet baby ray's: high fructose corn syrup, distilled vinegar, tomato paste

Why does Veeky Forums hate ketchup, but will defend Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce? They're practically the same thing, but SBR's main ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of tomato, which should make it even more hated when the main complaint about ketchup is that it's too sweet and overpowers everything you put in on.

because Americans are raised on HFC and would get withdrawal symptoms if they were weened off it

Who defends Sweet Baby Ray's? It tastes like the bbq sauce in TV dinners.

No one serious about BBQ would defend such cloyingly sweet shit. The only people who defend it are the kind of people who think BBQ chicken pizza is amazing and adults who still eat nuggets.

>still eat nuggets
>you can get TOO OLD to enjoy a cut of meat
Where did this attitude begin? Insecure adults? Children attempting to be mature?

Samefag

What are some good barbecue sauces?

the first ingrident in any meal is water unless you are eating freaking salt

I think it comes from some foods being specifically being marketed to/for children. Stuff like sugary breakfast cereal, lollipops,Pop-Tarts, Kraft Dinner, Spaghetti-O's, fruit leather, animal crackers, bubble gum, sweetened juice drinks, chocolate milk and yes, chicken nuggets. This pic doesn't lie:

It's all garbage bullshit. If you eat sauces and shit like that you should just spoon sugar into your mouth and save yourself some time.

Every time there's a, "what's the best store bought bbq sauce" thread tons of anons splurge over SBR (we've had a handful just in the past week).

It's honestly embarrassing. There's probably more hfcs in SBR as there is in Coke.

Believe it or not but Gold's makes a bretty gud Barbeequeue sauce.Thos jews are on to something.

>nuggets
>cut of meat
the memes are getting out of control

Jews always tend to make a superior product. It's not like it's a conspiracy; it's just the truth.

Texan here who bbqs often. SBR is absolute trash. Make your own. Its not hard.

>his country doesn't sell ketchup with cane sugar in it

Stubbs uses cane sugar and molasses.

I buy Famous Dave's Devil's Spit, though it has the same first ingredients more or less as the OP is complaining about.
But I also regularly eat bbq at a few local places and take home an inordinate amount of their sauces to use later.

got a good recipe?

You made this post in a thread, yet decided to make a full thread about it?

he'll be back after his gangrenous foot is removed

If your BBQ sauce doesn't have a black man in cowboy hat on it, it's literally garbage.

>Why does Veeky Forums hate -- defend Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce?

Never seen this happen.

i live somewhere that isn't america and only seen SBR at costco, tried it once. was better than the average bbq sauce here, but they're all sweet in my country. do plan on making my own once i find a nice recipe though.

their smokey mesquite is the shit. it's a shame my local grocery stopped stocking that flavor. good thing there's amazon.

2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp yellow mustard

Heat the butter onion and garlic on medium high until softened or 3 minutes. Dump in the rest of the ingrediants and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till thickened.

Simple bbq sauce. Fuck SBR's or store bought in general.

Do you just blend it if you don't want it to be lumpy? What should I put in it if it's too thick?

I'm glad you're so assblasted that crying in every thread was not enough for you

Alsa, dont take it too rough that you have no sense when it comes to godtier sauces

Use a food processor if you want. I usually add a bit of water to loosen it up if its too thick.

>godtier
>SBR's

>Not understanding the power potential with mixing a sweet BBQ sauce with a spicy and unami craft mayonnaise

>corn water tomato paste

Holy fuck I think I finally get why most americans hate ketchup, that must truly taste awful.

>Blaspheming the greatest and most versatile condiment on the planet

That Sarayo sauce...
>umami
>low carb
>gluten free

It's like it was designed for the fatties of Veeky Forums that think eating 5 pounds of bacon drenched in sauce is keto.

Why is the order of ingredients matter?

Most countries require ingredients to be listed from highest to least content in the final product

Veeky Forums hates ketchup (and not SBR) because it's literally all American 15 year olds trying to sound old, and the only qualifying thing in their brains is to talk shit about ketchup because kids eat it. Same goes for chicken nuggets and shit.
>What, you eat ketchup? You're literally autistic
>But the same product with different flavor chemicals is okay
Veeky Forums is dumb as hell

>it's literally all American 15 year olds trying to sound old
>different flavor chemicals

All flavors are made up by chemicals.
Take your "science in food is bad" boogeyman back to Pinterest

No HFCS in here boss.

Stubbs is also good.

>made with real sugar
like its something to be proud of

Unfortunately, to get on the shelf at Walmart at a competitive price, not using hfcs is a big selling point for flyovers who bother to read labels before buying a product.

I dislike BBQ sauce and Ketchup both. They both taste like so much sugary garbage.

I've been addicted to this stuff since my local grocery store started carrying it.

Seconding Stubbs, both sauces and marinades.

I always pick up some when it's on sale.

>no meat drippings

I got some of this on sale.

It was shit.

>Jews making a good barbecue sauce

What the fuck?

I fail to see the complaint

>Bother reading the label

You mean looking at the bottle since the only way they will see is that its largely advertised all around