New viet' place opened up near me w/ bubble tea and pho. based on pics does it look dank?

New viet' place opened up near me w/ bubble tea and pho. based on pics does it look dank?
yelp.com/biz/teabreak-pho-and-boba-sterling

Don't care to look at the link, but from the OP pic, it looks standard. Nothing special. Viet is one of my favourite cuisines, though I've not had any in months.

Like I'm not clicking on the link.

Looks like they're trying to make up for their lack of portions with "fancy" plating, so basically a ripoff.

do you niggers not know that yelp is a safe web site? It's full of pretentious donkies, but it has the pictures.

>he thinks people don't want to use yelp because they think it's unsafe!!!
No. It ain't that serious. I just don't care about your links.

>standard plating in every viet place ever is "fancy"
Get out more, friend. Let's you and I get together and go bowling or something. I'm terrible at it, but it's fun. Then we can have Viet food after.

Vietfag here. Based on the the opening picture, it looks pretty sparse. There should be two porkchops or at least one large porkchop.

Also, it annoys me that the porkchop, egg, salad, and rice are so far apart.

Not him, but in Little Saigon near where I live I've never seen any Vietnamese restaurant have that kind of plating. Rice is always spread out and the meat is usually on top. It looks like more a fancy Taiwanese rice dish.

Yeah? I live in a former Little Saigon turned current Little Jakarta area. There are literally dozens of Viet places still walking distance around here due to having four Vietnamese malls less than two miles away from my house.

The majority of the restaurants here plate very similarly to the OP, but as said, not so far apart. The egg is on top of the rice and the pickles are under or right next to the meat.

My fav place, though, doesn't plate like that at all. It's all served in a bowl, rice on the bottom, pork chop and egg (or that weird and weirdly delicious quiche-like thing Viets make) on top, with pickles and nuoc cham on a side plate.

>sterling
Any traps / twinks wanna hook up? I haven't sucked a dick in like 2 days and I'm gettin antsy.

I think the dish in Op's pic must be some kind of loc lac recipe... Anyway, definitely not the best SEA dish, imo

I don't know what the fried egg is about, but that meat looks fatty/cartilagey and half the dish is literally token slices of vegetables just sitting there. There's nothing special about the rice and I'm not even sure what you're supposed to do with it, regarding the rest of the dish.

The shrimp looks disgusting, but I'm not a fan anyway.

Would not eat/10.

looks like a grilled pork rice plate, haphazardly made by an unskilled cook using cheap ingredients.

the fish sauce probably isnt great, judging from that. even the rice is the wrong texture

5/10 good dish bad cook

I never know what to do with that little cup of liquid they put on the plate.

Hijacking this thread with a related question, a Salvadorian place opened up near me. Is Salvadorian food any good? I've heard good things about the poo-pusa.

Dip stuff in it.
It's premixed so just dip however much you want.

Oh noooooo.

What happens usually is you get a plate with the porkchop, egg, and veggies over the rice. You then pour the sauce over the rice. That's why the opening picture is so fucking dumb. Someone can't fucking plate.

You can maybe pour the premixed thing but I literally never seen anyone do it on a plate. Only in a bowl.
Also never seen anyone eat rice with that thing either.

You gotta finesse it man. You don't want to overpour it.

looks like every other vietnamese restaurant with the same dishes

this is coming from someone who lives near little saigon

Really? What the fuck is with the single, fried egg? What is it doing there? Why?

the best part about eating Viet food is the damn near perfect quality/price ratio. You can usually get a shitload of food for less than $15.

This "upscale" stuff defeats the purpose for me. I just don't believe that "fancy" Viet food can get much better than the stuff at your cheap places.

if any place served me a salad that was 5 pieces of raw vegetables i'd walk out without paying

I agree with this
I live in little Saigon and it looks like very typical fare. However, it doesn't mean that it's not bad at all. If anything, it's most likely pretty damn good.

Upscale Vietnamese makes me roll my eyes.

Though, I've never seen real Vietnamese peasant food sold at any restaurant, upscale or not.

Fucking this
There is a pitiful amount of meat in OP's pic, how can any of you call that "normal?"

I guess it's supposed to be made from cheap ingredients, so most people can afford it back when the country was poor (pho is still a luxury even back then though).
Ironically, using fancy exotic ingredients seems to be a fad in Vietnam itself. A few years back they used to make pho with Kobe beef and charge $20 for it.