Is anyone here a fan of Peruvian food? It seems to be getting a lot of fame recently...

Is anyone here a fan of Peruvian food? It seems to be getting a lot of fame recently, but I never see it being discussed in Veeky Forums.

It seems seafood based. I'm into that. Would love to try it someday.

Dumping some pics. This is Lomo saltado: sauteed beef and vegetables with fries and rice. Pretty good!

This is a seafood soup containing rice, eggs and milk. I think it is the perfect hangover cure

Your peruvian food seems to be a mix of mediterranian and murrican. Either way, get rid of the murrican influence and its something I'd want to eat.

Ceviche is literally the best food ever.

It's alright, but people overhype it too much

This desu senpai

>Is anyone here a fan of Peruvian food? It seems to be getting a lot of fame recently, but I never see it being discussed in Veeky Forums.
It's pretty crappy. Only peruvian pride keeps the OMGWEARETHEBEST soccer pride going about how amazing it is.
Ceviche is yummy. Cilantro, lime and fresh fish rocks. The big fried corn on top is unique however.
Pisco sour is delicious but not unique to Peru, though they argue that point.
Saltado, fries? and fried rice? Like cheap chinese food, because that is exactly what it is, from chinese (slave) workers. It's basically soy sauced stir fry onions, peppers and beef, and very salty, as well as bland and boring.
Inca Kola is bubblegum flavored cream soda, and makes the enamel feel like it is melting off your teeth.

My favorite dish is the Papas a la Huincaina, a cold potato salad, which has a luscious yellow pepper creamy salad dressing that is both spicy, eggy and creamy, sort of a hollandaise. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for the rest of Peruvian cuisine vs the rest of S. America or even the Caribbean. It's too chinese influenced.

But user there's loads of dishes with little to no chinese influence! This seafood rice dish is sort of like paella, and it is eaten with grated parmesan dish and fresh lime juice. A real treat in my opinion

Who does?

México Jr

>Who does?
Yea trust us, everyone overhypes it.

Err, that's actually a fried rice (precooked rice pan fried simply with peppers). Texture and juices from seafood don't happen. And the seafood is salsa and seafood combined. There's no depth of flavor like in a paella which has wine, saffron, tomato, garlic, cooked in the pot meats and sausage which flavor like stock (and browned too), etc. It miight as well be Goya sazon boxed rice mix! The texture is not creamy like risotto or fluffy like paella.

Don't get me wrong, I love aji amarillo, but I have been all over S. America, Central America, the Caribbean and Florida. I have been in the kitchens, home and professional both, from every latin cuisine. It's really an isolated cuisine, without the influence of Europe in immigrants or trade, nor a huge variety of local produce. It's overrated by people who can't compare it, that's all.

Literally the best cuisine in the world

Anyone who disagrees is a virgin

Food enthusiasts

>get rid of the murrican influence
it would be inca cola, potatoes, and guinea pigs.
have you been to peru?

I dunno about Peruvian foods but I do know that my neighbor is Peruvian and is the greatest chef I have ever known.

I made this yesterday with chicken though. It was delicious.

Not really, usually more like carbs with a side of meat (usually chicken)

Has anyone here tried guinea pig or dormice? What's it like?

I don't necessarily condone your specific biases, but I like this post especially for your passion

I haven't personally tried it, but generally giunea pig based dishes are almost completely cooked in an Andean style. Pic related is a recipe that comes from the southern Andes: fried under a hot stone with vegetable oil and spices. Northern guinea pig dishes are accompanied with sauces, generally spicy and made with crushed peanuts. They say the meat has a very rich flavour.

Don't worry, soon everyone here will be foaming at the mouth with rage as they decry it as a meme or squealing in fury with their arms in the T-rex position as they lecture people about which cultivar of grain you have to use for a dish to be authentic enough for them. Won't that be great?