Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2qgadSvNyU
youtube.com/watch?v=-rey3m8SWQI
dictionary.com/e/word-origins/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Arabic

Sindarin once Peter Thiel and Elon Musk take over

never

>Will English always be the worlds language?
Yes.

Yep the millions of muslim shitskins will just pack up and leave europe

Hebrew

Unironically chinese when the chinks take over the world

This. Have you not seen firefly?

Why would he want everyone to be small and defeated?

Binary since AI

No tonal language will ever be the lingua franca.

bit tongue

Seconded

Thought

this. complimented by some sort of non-linear orthography eventually.

you think they will be tolerated indefinitely?

Either Chinese or Swahili

Absolutely, by the time they aren't it will be too late.

Chinese can't be world language because it takes too long to learn. It's pretty much useless as lingua franca.
Chinese students have to study characters all the way till graduating from high school and beyond.
It takes much longer to learn than English and it's almost impossible to rech proficiency unless you're very motivated.

tengo el gato los pantalones

*reach

what about japanese? i think it is less difficult

Europeans are the ones who won't be tolerated indefinitely.

hindi

Yep.

it'll always be english, because it's easy to learn

Was used as such in the Chinese empire. The point of its complexity was to keep the masses down. It was still the universal language, one which the governing classes were able to use with fluency.

Prepare for the same on the global scale. The chinese have no qualms about cruelty.

NOFAP'S A BITCH

I think it's overstated how difficult mandarin is. profeciency at least.

mastering it to native level is another story, but English can be the same in that aspect. for example, whe nyou speak to a non native English speaker you don't notice their lack of words like "superfluous" or "radiance" do you? its possible tehy don't even know them. you dont know that. the communication is still more than enough and you may be surprised to find out they have only been learning for a couple of years.

same goes for Chinese or any other language.

as for OP, English will be Dominant language for a long time thanks to colonialism.

portugues

So who saved cryptocurrency? Was it the Chinese, EU or Americans?

What are some examples of modern day colonialism? I can spot a few dating back from the mid-late 90's to now.

I didn't relaly mean modern day colonialism, but English language use in the world is due to past colonialism, and will likely be an artifact of that for a long time long after most other things have faded.

Korean.

Esperanto. Bing it.

no amigo mio, vuestro tiempo ha llegado al final, la era de los gringos se acabo, destruyan los muros y denle paso a la raza superior hispanohablante, AVANTE DIOS QUIERE!

No, it doesn't. I learned Chinese for a year and may continue learning it at some point.
Unless you study very hard you'll always feel like an illiterate (you basically are) because of the ridiculous amount of characters.
That makes written communication impossible already for the vast majority of the population because most people don't have the time or motivation to learn characters for years. It's extremely inefficient.
The pronounciation isn't that hard but you still have to get it right. With English you can understand accents from all over the world even if they're bad.
That's not possible with Chinese. You either get it right, especially the tones, or you won't be understood.
The only thing that's relatively easy is the grammar but the same goes for English so that's not an advantage.
Then you have to consider that English is already ingrained in many industries, especially anything that has to do with technology.
I doubt that it will ever be replaced as lingua franca. At least not in the coming centuries.
t. German

kek just anki it you normie scum

That's right all you fuckers need to bow down and kiss the ring, we still rule the world btfo

What the fuck is a dua lipa?

Mmmm.... I love when a girl’s lips are the same color as her tongue

I know how to learn it, you faggot. It still takes years and you'll never reach native level.
The English alphabet can be learned in one day and most people don't even need to because they already use the latin alphabet.
Now tell me which is obviously better suited as lingua franca? Chinese will NEVER be lingua franca. Even in China many people are illiterate.
English is easier in all regards.

what an oddly specific fetish...

Come mis pantalones bajos.

learn russian 2bh
only the grammar is fucked, otherwise ez :^)

A normie thot that makes me rock hard

youtube.com/watch?v=k2qgadSvNyU

fpbp

>Look up Dua Lipa
>All of them are stupid unboxing videos

>reach native level
you realize the majority of chinese are hillbillies right? you can easily learn to communicate on their level in a few dedicated months if you're not retarded.

Yes, it's the defacto language now. It's the language of business and the Internet. More people speak English in China than in the US.

hopefully, all other languages are gross.

a singer

I wasn't saying it would ever become a lingua franca. I was just commenting on how overstated putonghua is in difficulty. cantonese haka and hokkein are a lot more difficult. putonghua is very much a simple version of Chinese. that was the entire point of its creation.

Maybe i am biased to my own experience of learning the language. I didn't find it as difficult or impossible as many say it is. however i did spend time in taiwan and also spent an hour a day every day, along with changing most of my computer and phone settings to Chinese for about 2 years before i went to taiwan. I also interacted with chinese people on some messaging websites to practice my written.

Perhaps most people don't spend that much effort. I didn't struggle understanding it much, only found speaking it difficult, but tones were not a huge deal either. all of them are quite distinct to the point of soudning like a different syllable after a while.

you are right though, if you spend 100 hours in mandarin and 100 hours on english you will get a lot further with english. Mandarin wont ever become a global standard imo either.

>Will Latin always be the worlds language? what will overtake it

>she has a 3rd world name
dropped

exactly. proficiency is not what he makes it out to be, exactly as i wrote earlier. 3000 words and some colloquialisms and you already know more than a majority of Chinese madnarin speakers. perhaps not the younger generation, but 5000 words in that case and you wont struggle at all and people will have to intentionally talk about complicated stuff to expose your limits.

I thought this one was pretty catchy
youtube.com/watch?v=-rey3m8SWQI

The sounds of dua lipa squealing as she takes my cock.

Into a pencil sharpener.

Yeah, it's not difficult in that sense. But it takes a LOT of time. The average person will never put that much effort into learning a foreign language.
Most older people barely speak any English where I come from and it's easier in every way.
That's not enough to become lingua franca. Chinese takes 10x longer to learn than English. Especially the writing aspect renders it useless.
Regarding the lingua franca you have to see learning as a transfer cost. In that sense Chinese is incredibly inefficient.

its not so much about difficulty.
the internet is mostly english, universities mostly teach in english and mosf technical terms are english or easily translatable into english.

"always" is a long time
however I don't know what could overtake English besides Chinese, and written Chinese is way too complicated and different from other languages to become the norm outside of Asia
if they were willing to let go of ideograms and use the Latin alphabet on a regular basis or come up with their own it could be a hit
I like the Enderverse approach, English stayed the de facto official language but mutated due to the influence of time and other languages

Gay Lick

Probably but it's currently fighting a 2 front war with Chinese and Spanish

Spanish and Arabic are only considered here because the West is swamped with spics and sandniggers

In really, the West will cease to be relevant if they take over and it'll likely be Chinese or some pidgin version of English

He meant christian humility, not defeatedness.

I want to suck and lick her tongue

By the time any other language would've "taken over", machine translators will be so good that you can speak any language, and it'll translate it into any other, more or less perfectly and instantly.

>Over 60 percent of all English words have Greek or Latin roots. In the vocabulary of the sciences and technology, the figure rises to over 90 percent. About 10 percent of the Latin vocabulary has found its way directly into English without an intermediary (usually French).
dictionary.com/e/word-origins/

Pleb's mashup of the master language, basically. That's what most "English" is, with various northern languages thrown in there. So, an even more lazy/retarded version of English, with more shortcuts and simplifications. The future space language might sound something like a mix of a british chav (or american nigger, if you're from the US) and some Chinese gutter rat dweller (i.e. regular Chinese).

That's a tongue for you to blast your load on, not for kissing

There are stages to it. You don't just greet her at the bed, blow a load in her face and fall asleep. Well, you're not supposed to if you want to make a good impression, at least.

I would suck her tongue too tbqh. Then I’d sniff her feet.

spanish is probably the only reasonable answer past english. arabic is a long shot. i don't think that french speaking places in africa will see as big a boom as arabic.

No need to make a good impression. Thots like her only get successful if they've already sucked a million executives' dicks

Pump, dump, and move on

Now enjoy all the foreigners

Here you go you dumb cunts:

Mandarin:
Speaking/listening - easy
reading/writing - hard

Source: Lived in China for a year. Became proficient speaker in 6 months just by talking to people. Had to study a fuck load to learn reading/writing

I'm Swedish and right now it definitely feels like English will just grow and grow.

Sure there are a lot of poor countries with huge non-English speakers but they want to get in on what USA have so they will learn English. Meanwhile USA won't feel the need to learn whatever poor countries speak.

That's what I said, you faggot.
English:
speaking/listening: very easy
reading/writing: very easy
Case closed.

English:
Speaking/listening - hard

you're a fuckwit. English grammar is far less consistent and more difficult than Chinese grammar.

The problem is English has many root languages that make the rules inconsistent (i.e. latin, french, german, greek, norse etc.)

Just find the nearest cliff and jump off mate. fuck oath

Fucking ANGLO’D.COM

You guys all got fucked.
Cultural victory achieved.

Oh well, embrace it and make the human race even better.

Real-time translation peripherals will make Lingua Franca obsolete but until then English will remain the language of capitalism

You're the faggot. You can have bad grammar and bad pronounciation and still be understood in English. Not the case for Chinese at all.
You completely missed the point of a lingua franca. You shouldn't have to go to a native country to become proficient.
It's just a fact, English can be learned much faster than Chinese. A few grammar rules are nothing compared to wasting time on characters.
Also the English pronounciation is a lot easier for most people. Hang yourself, sperg.

I will go to war before that happens. That would be like Mordor winning in LOTR.

Unironically japanese. Everyone will be a soyboy weeb in the future.

Lol no
The limitations of Jap vocabulary and grammar will make it useless as a lingua franca.

Kanji is another problem. You can express new concepts and shit as compound kanji, but makes it so difficult to write and read that everyone, especially the retards that make up most of the Japanese youth, ends up using katakana loan words, making the kanji redundant almost immediately. This is also why Chinese will not make it.

The modularity of the alphabet is what makes it so easy to create new words for new concepts, no matter how useless or retarded they are. Memes are but one example.

t. Lived, studied, worked in Japan for over a decade, forced to use Japanese because they won't take other slant-eyes seriously. otherwise. JPLT Level 1 is a fucking joke.

Korean was created to offset the difficulty of Chinese. Perfect for a universal language, easily accessible to westerners while being somewhat familiar to east asians.
Also, South Koreans seem superior to the Japaniese.

>vocabulary
They don't seem to mind borrowing a bunch of words from English from what I can tell
>grammar
What's wrong with it? Genuinely interested
>kanji
Internationalization will be driven by weebs so the written system will have changed to romaji by the 22nd century