I came to conclusion that everybody can make a good spaghetti sauce...

I came to conclusion that everybody can make a good spaghetti sauce, it's so simple and basic yet tasty that you just can't fuck this up. Have you ever had a bad sauce?

Other urls found in this thread:

oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/mafia-olive-oil-on-60-minutes/50203
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
youtube.com/watch?v=zVbkC6eMNtA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll give that 'za a 5/10, the crust looks pretty strange

There are a couple ways to fuck it up
- too much sugar
- too much oil
- vegetables cooked in blandest fashion
- weird vegetables they add to make it "healthy" or fashionable even though it just destroys the taste

I agree with you that everyone is capable of doing so in a theoretical sense. It's not hard. But like anything else, some people do manage to fuck it up. I've had sauces that were bad for the following reasons:
-too watery
-not cooked long enough
-too much salt or sugar
-made from shit-tier supermarket tomatoes

I've had sauce that was too watery, had seeds and skins from sauce because the cook was lazy. so yea.

But I'll tell ya, I've never had a bad sauce on a great 'go 'za that's for sure.

I made some bomb bolognese the other day for the first time. I should cook italian more often.

>How do you make yours Veeky Forums?

Vegetable/sunflower oil
Onions
Garlic
Diced fresh or tinned tomatoes
Dried Basil + Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Worcestershire sauce
Tomato puree (sometimes)

Oil in and fry onions til golden, add garlic fry for a min. (Tomato puree) Dried herbs 1 min, add tomatoes crush with back of wooden spoon while cooking. Season with salt, pepper and worcestershire.

>Vegetable/sunflower oil

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Also worcestershire sauce...maaaan.

Mass produced olive oil is a scam, it barely contains any olive oil at all and tends to be bulked out with cheaper oils like sunflower and vegetable oil.

Also try worcestershire in your sauce, 1/2 - 1 teaspoon you might like it.

I don't think it's a scam and even if it'd be, it still tastes different and that's what matter to me.

If you enjoy the flavour that's cool, I personally don't buy it because I don't know whether or not i'm being ripped off.

oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/mafia-olive-oil-on-60-minutes/50203

Forgot to add, what's your recipe?

Oh, I'm also from europe so that might close this case. EU takes care of this shit for me.

I'm just stuffed with french onion soup, cream baked potatos and pecan breads right now. Can't even think about food, I'm gonna post my recipe when my belly stops to hurt.

are you kidding me? most sauce is shit. and most all people do is open a jar. I can make a sauce to knock your pants off bubbo

yes.

I'm sure you can mate, I'm no proffesional after all.

/thread

in the 90's papa johns pizza sauce tasted so bad I was amazed at how tomato sauce could possibly be so shitty

sometimes people dont cook it long enough and its watery

rinse the garlic.. what?

I'll find you the video, one sec.

Found it.

>DISCLAIMER: You may die a little inside by watching this.

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU

Someone should have saved the dozens of posts from the autistic fuck who was insisting that it couldn't have tasted like Chef Boyardee because Chef Boyardee has cheese in it.

oh wow. i've never actually seen the entire video, that was horribly. i almost died when she sliced the onion

my sketti sauce is epic broes!!!
>whole canned tomatoes of best quality, or fresh
>oregano
>basil
>garlic
>paprika
>cayenne
>green peppers
>onions
>mushrooms
>zucchini
>minced beef or meatballs
>lemon juice
>oil

salt??sugar? are you guys fucking retarded/? tomatoes are a fruit.

Is this a joke? Wtf kind of tomatoes were those, it looked like tomato soup

She's paranoid about microbes. In her meatball video she drops about 5lbs of ground beef on her counter top and then promptly chucks it in the bin because of the risk of contamination

youtube.com/watch?v=zVbkC6eMNtA

Can of Cento brand San Marzano tomatoes. They're really expensive for some reason but they're good enough to eat right then and there.
Fry meatballs in bottom of large pot, remove, splash of home made wine (sugar, yeast, welch's frozen grape juice method), stir until unstuck, pour in can of tomatoes, mash with spoon until the tomatoes are broken up. Simmer forever because there's so much damn water it

'GO 'ZA
O

'
Z
A

>1 1/2 cups of canola oil
>"this tastes so oily"

is this dude just being retarded ironically or unironically

who the fuck adds sugar to their pasta sauce, mine is fuck up proof and I don't even have a proper selection of spices, just pre packaged italian seasoning. still turns out great

>can of san marzano tomatoes
>onions
>garlic
>any vegetable that's good cooked down that I may wanna add, sweet peppers, zucchini, etc.
>evoo
>that package of italian seasoning, or when I pick up the spices myself, oregano, thyme, cayenne, basil.
>and about 4 hot italian sausages, removed from casing and cooked partially with the spices and vegetables

Brand Bros.

I love Cento. I like how the tomatoes are packed in thick sauce with a basil leaf on top and not runny tomato juice.

And that yellow label is so nostalgic for me.

>""""""""""""""""Authentic"""""""""""""

Sounds delish. Personally, I like to keep them in the casing and brown them on both sides then add to the sauce. The casing helps hold in the juices.

it might end up resulting in a better meat, but I'm also a lazy college student and I'd rather not deal with the casing in the end product.

Sometimes I can find a 5 pack of sausages, 3 spicy, 2 mild. I'll uncase 3 of them, maybe 1 mild and 2 spicy, and ground that up, but then the other two I cut into chunks with the casing on so I also get a "meat ball" that retains its shape
but that's when I don't also make meatballs to go along.

>who the fuck adds sugar to their pasta sauce
Americans

He was making a terrible recipe and reviewing it though. I think "oily" is a valid criticism, albeit an obvious one

Eat shit europoor

I'm not sure, the original video was removed from her channel and this is a re-upload.

Either she is the greatest troll cook of all time or she is the most horrendous home cook you could imagine.

he was just using marie's recipe, you should look at the video of her cooking it, she literally boils fucking onions in oil then pours the resulting liquid into her tomato sauce.

European here, I add half to one teaspoon of sugar to mine.

Fucking newfags

That's fine. Sometimes tomatoes are too bitter or acidic without some sweetness. Have you ever tried adding carrots or caramelized onion, or reducing balsamic vinegar before you add the tomatoes? It's pretty nice, especially the balsamic. I can see sugar being used if you make a garlic sauce though.

i haven't come to the meat on the counter bit yet but WHYYYY does she crack the eggs open in a cup, THEN the bowl. just use the fucking bowl.
holy shit she's such a bad cook

I always cook out my tomatoes, my way of making them is:

So much fucking salt, holy shit.

JUST A LIL ZIP'N'A HALF.

Marie, is that you?

marie uses a metal spoon

Did you make a Bologna sandwich with it? I didn't know the Italians at cheap processed lunch meats.

Why do I find her so fucking hot? All her plop talk of liking small-medium sized balls, her lack of humour and autistic tendencies.. Need a meatball rolling style handjob from her.

Their bologna is called "mortadella" and it's somehow more gross than regular oscar meyer bologna

bad mortadella is, but good mortadella is way better. I know that freybe mortadella is shit.

what you do is make a puttanesca

Classic chi town!

kek'd at this post despite myself

can this meme die already?

>sugar in a spaghetti sauce
AMERICA everyone