My wife and I are opening a bakery we're calling Sugarcube Corner. Aside from standard things like cookies, cupcakes...

My wife and I are opening a bakery we're calling Sugarcube Corner. Aside from standard things like cookies, cupcakes, and cakes, what should we sell? I really want to stand out by offering interesting or uncommon baked goods.

Delicious creampuffs

>what should we sell?

This is the kind of thing you should already know before deciding to open a fucking bakery

Enjoy bankruptcy, idiot

The Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness

Or as I call it, the MMMM

>googled sugarcube corner
>its a MLP reference
>worst bait ever
/thread

Chimmicherrychanga

Chill out, by opening a bakery I meant we're opening one, not that we have already opened it. We actually want to make this work and what better place for ideas to meet the fringe than a board with a bunch of pretentious glorified "foodies"

sell cake batter shakes... just chilled cake batter for your fatass friends.

MMMM?

macarons and vegan options depending on where you live and if its city/liberal enough to get money offering them. austin, any major city in california or the west in general same goes for the northeast

>Chill out, by opening a bakery I meant we're opening one

I'm aware of that you mongoloid

At the most, you should be "thinking" of opening one. If you are literally opening one and you don't know what you're selling, you're a retard

did your parents die recently or are you always like this?

Sweet baked goods are fucking garbage. Make breads and viennoiseries. If you really want to make something sweet put some chocolate in there. But that's it, faggot.

Thyme lemon bars are god tier
Basil and rosemary are great for bread
Herbed breads of any sort are good.
The biggest problem is getting people to try something different

Perhaps some exceptionally exquisite eclaires, or a donutopia, or a chocolate mousse moose

Advice on how to run a failing bakery right here folks, allow your elitism to send you straight to bankrupcy! Wgo needs customers whem you have the bragging rights of only baking bread!

offer cough syrup doughnuts

>what are sandwiches
>what is selling your bread to local restaurants
fuck off

OP said bakery, not deli

Fuck off

"Deli" isn't a synonym for "place that sells sandwiches", dipshit. A Vietnamese bakery that sells Banh Mi sandwiches isn't a Vietnamese deli.

Does OP look Vietnamese to you duncey?

Fuck off hipster, "im so cultured", you were probably raised in the suburbs of Iowa so now you think all ethnic food is like amazing to rebel against your upbringing.

>you need to be vietnamese to own a vietnamese bakery

And this is why you're a retard

I never said they should open a Vietnamese bakery. You know, I've heard of a developmental disorder that often presents with symptoms like highly-literal thinking and an inability to understand metaphors, analogies, and other abstract thought. I forget what it's called, though.

There were two French bakeries in my area, one owned by an Indonesian woman and the other by a Cambodian family.
The Indo one closed because the lady wanted to move to Arizona and the Cambodian one was forced to change locations after damage to their building and their new location didn't pick up steam and forced them out of business.
Both had great sandwiches while they lasted, though.

Meatloaf cake with mash potater frosting

Baklava

this might be silly but i always feel super comfy when bakeries sell things like hot chocolate milk with chantilly. also, a good selection of tea would also be nice. tea isn't all that expensive, but if it's some fancy ass shit you can sell it pricy

sweets from different countries
i would totally try those japanese rice jelly things even though i know i probably not gonna like them.
but unless you have a steady supply of weaboos its unlikely to sell well, so better sell it as an "around the world box" with stuff like african larvae eggs in honey, some weird shit from china, india, basically everything that is not easily available in your country

In the US, coffee sales outnumber tea sales by a staggeringly huge number. IIRC, it was 7:1, but I read that several years ago and could be misremembering the exact ratio.

macarons for the petite
souffle for the fancy
fudge/brownies for the chocoholics
and stuff like lemon bars and shortbread for the "not too sweet toothed"

also maybe custom cake order? people are willing to pay a lot for those
saw a really basic but cute seseme street themed one a couple bought for about 300 rounded

My mother was an exceptional baker, and my favorite thing to snack on was the cinnamon strips she'd make out of the leftover pie crust. it was just two layers of dough with cinnamon and caramelized sugar inside, baked enough to make the sugar brittle.

After making intricate latticed pies, she'd laugh that all I really wanted were the scraps. Tasted awesome though. I miss those.

Where are you OP? I'd drive 100 miles if you made these.

Linzer tarts. LINZER TARTS.

Who /mlp/ here?!