Nootropics discussion for hard exams, CPA CFA, Actuary exams, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT

Having trouble passing my upper Actuary exams. Anybody have any nootropics suggestions to help me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/11/03/smart-drugs-are-here-should-college-students-be-allowed-to-use-them/?utm_term=.c69f58309a94
thepiratebay.org/torrent/9629635/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_DSM_5_by_APA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin#Jet_lag_and_shift_work
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hard exams

>GMAT MCAT LSAT

MFW

modafinil

p21, semax

dubs confirms truth

if you fail anything on modafinil just kys. you are actually retarded, and theres no hope. shit is literally limitless drug

illegal in my country

physician here
My experiences:

ritalin (methylphenidate):
Was getting a little euphoric with the cheap fast release Ritalin. I did well with extended-release (LA), which I use until today.
Important: watch your blood pressure

Modafinil
I just couldn't sleep. No nap after lunch. Awake all the time, but tired.

Venvanse (lisdextroamphetamine) - looks like Adderall
Do not take this after 10 a.m. if you want to sleep before midnight. Definitely better than Modafinil for me. Didn't raise my blood pressure. Nice overall, but I prefer Ritalin LA.

microdose lsd, worth giving a day to just to see

*Lisdexamfetamine

Illegal in most country but easy to order on clear web

There was one legal drug you can buy online I forgot its name it started with a “p”
Pubefine or something like this..
Anyone chime about it?

Any advice for getting a 170 on the LSAT, Mr. Smartypants?

Phenylpiracetam, they gave that shit to Cosmonauts to keep them up for days. It's 100% legal, and safe. DYOR

Modaifinil is a meme ime. Tried it from several suppliers and felt nothing and I’ve got lots of experience with nootropics. Not sure what the deal is, sticking with my adderall I guess.

Options:

Modafinil: I fucking love it. +Grapefruit juice +Coffee (200-400mg daily don't go over that)

Phenlypiracetam: DON'T take more than a pinch

B-12 complex: Basic stuff you should have

Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin d3: Not all nootropics have to be sketchy or something: If your body is deficient in any of these you perform worse.

Fasting: Don't eat and you will experience more energy. Minimum 16 hours

Isopropylphenidate if you can find it, but that's just an unregulated mild stim, not a "nootropic". Getting harder to find too

Phenibut..?

I don't think Phenibut very good for studying though. I've yet to find a dose which feels "good" with it despite having 200g in my closet. It just makes me emotionally dead

I didn't study at all for the LSAT and got a 160.

Makes me upset that I didn't try taking it again with studying and tryharding.

Just take Ritalin or Adderall

That's because you got shitty Moda I've had it prescribed it definitely works

Most nootropics are useless or have a very narrow scope of benefits.

>Bacopa/Synapsa
Proven to increase memory ability
>Caffeine
Yep.
>Amphetamine (Adderall etc)
Mild cognitive benefits
>Afinils (adrafinil/modafinil/armodafinil/analogs)
Slight cognitive benefits
>Magnesium
helps with stimming

Those are the ones I think are noticeably effective. There's a bunch of other shit I tried too but that's the top list.

I've got prescription modafinil and to be honest it has always barely done anything (compared to Adderall)

I think if you have naturally high dopamine in the nigra striatum it won't do much for you (i.e., have you ever been an insomniac? Moda is not for you)

genetics, brah

*substantia nigra

Anybody have experience with ghinko billoba?

I loved it before I got into other drugs. It gives a sustained wakefulness effect that's without any side effects. Now I use amphetamine because it's more effective and much more fun.

Where the fuck do people get some of these drugs?

I'm in Canada and doctors refuse to hand out Ritalin/Adderall.

Modafinil is actually pussy shit.

from the doctor of course

you wouldn't get drugs illegally now would you? :^)

The best budget friendly stack for studying hours on end is phenylethylamine, yohimbine, and caffeine. You can find the dosages on psych forums. Good luck op!

Sure, the GMAT's tough. When you're at the 700 level questions the difficulty is considerable; I scored 770.

I had to problem getting Adderall from my doctor. You just gotta have ADD.

Piracetam, I take that shit every day, not as strong as adderall and doesnt keep me awake or autistic for hours.

you are pussy shit

I have experience with this. I am in Mensa. Mock me if you will, but I say that to provide a semblance of credibility. Eat blueberries and walnuts everyday, by the way.

I also suggest reading this article:
>washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/11/03/smart-drugs-are-here-should-college-students-be-allowed-to-use-them/?utm_term=.c69f58309a94

Never take any of the following in combination with another. They are worthwhile on itself.
>L-Theanine + Coffee (Calm Focus)
>St. John's Warts (Euphoric serenity)
>Ashwagandha (Energetic singular focus)
>Rhodiola Rosea (Fuzzy focus, I don't like it, but it seems to work for others)
> Modafinil (Popular among Silicon Valley folk, recommend it if you are experiencing jet lag or have undergone sleep deprivation or studying for a final exam/pulling any kind of all nighter)

>Fasting

I have been eating 2k calories once every 24 hours and take caffeine pills in the morning instead of coffee and melatoning at night for sleeping.

Surprisingly my sleep has improved and so has my concentration during the day.

piracetam is very subtle, but very cool

just makes me able to concentrate without getting as tired

stims have a very bathtub curve effect on me, so I use them mostly for dieting

add one more to this list

>melatonin
Strong antioxidant and sleep supplement that makes you sleep more deeply. When not sleep deprived I cut 30m-1h of sleep with melatonin. Cheap as peanuts.

N-Actyl-Semax

thank me when you ace it. There is nothing better

t. guy who has studied all of them

So what's a hard exam in your mind then?

Someone tried Microdosing LSA containing Morning Glory seeds (5 crushed in ice cold water over night, then held the water in the mouth for 5 min and spit it out.)
It felt totally the same till standing up after a nap, where there was mild delirium, which caused anxiety.
I don't see any use in these. They should just be planted, very pretty flowers.

Just sit down and learn the shit you shouldn’t need drugs man. If you’re attention span is shit it should concern you, I was the same way and realized my attention span got destroyed because I was a rested sitting on the Internet all day with 400 tabs open.

Having a normal attention span is good for things beyond just studying. Get it back and thank me later, don’t take all these meme drugs.

*your

Exactly what I’m talking about. Don’t let yourself become retarded.

A lot of people trying to self-medicate are actually undiagnosed ADHD fags.

t. did the same thing until I was diagnosed

just bought modvigil. Seems pretty good. I just take 100mg. I've reduced caffeine intake drastically. So far I find I have good effects for about 8 hours. During that time, I can consistently study without breaks. It does kind of make me a study zombie, but that's what I need.

I just make sure to eat, get 8 hours of sleep, and take my usual supplement stack. So far so good.

How is semax

I have an oficial diagnosis.I just hate adderall/vanvanse because I (was forced to take) took them as a kid and on days I didn't take them I barely had the energy to get out of bed.
Being that dependent is SHIT. And while I've trained myself to be better at focusing, I'm always looking for something I can use to help a bit.

USMLE Step 1 then come back

You're gonna experience caffeine withdrawal this way.

I self medicated my undiagnosed at the time hypernychthemeral syndrome by mistake with modafinil so yea it works wonders, it's a miracle drug for me.

Life.

nah i just reduced my intake. I used to drink a big mug of coffee a day. Lately I've just been having tea with my modafinil. Seems to work fine. No withdrawals yet.

Do you like modalert or modvigil? Definitely will be getting some more

Fuck that, it’s just a speed high, makes you overconfident for a few hours then the comedown is a bitch - brain fog, headache, nausea, falling asleep in the middle of the day
Fuck modafinil and the brainless fags pushing that meme everywhere. If you’re gonna do uppers, get some adderall.

Does anyone have any experience with mindful meditation? I started a routine a while back and seemed to start improving, then life happened and I stopped. It may or may not have had any effect at the time, could’ve been selective bias or some kind of placebo effect... note I’m not talking about hippie new age meditation, I’m referring to the practice of deliberately clearing your mind of all thoughts for fixed amounts of time.

One of my friends had 3 different prescriptions for aderall/modafinil/ritalin at separate walk-in clinics that have separate book-keeping. You just have to bullshit that you have trouble focusing and that you are in school for something hard. That's in Ontario, btw.

Take adderall and study forever, get a good nights sleep and a lot of food in you. Rinse and repeat, you'll pass your exams easily. Don't get hooked on it though, there are probably some negative effects with respect to cognition if taken for a long period of time.

>passed 3 actuary exams
>jobless NEET crypto trader
Try studying 3+ hours a day for 90 days straight.

What excuses should I say in order to get that stuff?

Doesn't melatonin force you to have a only nighttime sleep? I mean, does it make you wake up in the morning as soon as there's sun? I might work at nights soon so I don't think it'll be good for me.

If you don't honestly feel like there's anything wrong with you in comparison to your peers you shouldn't be trying to get it, user

Tell your doctor your symptoms honestly, the man has a fucking medical degree. Let him make the call.

Modafinil is the best but risky. L theanine and espresso shots are my go to.

Did that. Doesn't work for upper exams that well. I am working professional already with high salary and just had a kid. Just trying to finish this last exam. But been failing.

Don't fuck with reasearch chems that have 1/100th of the effect.
Just describe that you have the symptoms of ADHD and you should get some addy or concerta ez.

what's funny is I find the exact opposite to be true. What you described as a bad comedown happened to me when I took adderall. That was a bitch of a comedown.

lift heavy shit, don't eat directly afterwards take advantage of natural adrenaline boost.
St. John's wort: helps balance neurotic effects of stimulants and promotes sense of wellbeing.
Use coffee as needed. Stronger drugs will mess with your homeostasis

thepiratebay.org/torrent/9629635/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_DSM_5_by_APA

read ADHD chapter and fake symptoms

> (OP)
>Modafinil is the best but risky. L theanine and espresso shots are my go to.

I used that but with caffeine pills. How does it compare with modafinil? Or adderall?

Not joking, I noticed if I didn't be eat breakfast or lunch and just had coffee or caffeine pills instead, I'm hyper attentive. Not sure why.

I'm pretty sure we stumbled upon the ultimate cheat code.

Completely different experience. L Theanine makes caffeine calmer and better.

Indian brahmin have promoted benefits of fasting and eating light vegetarian meals for increased brain performance, a shortcut to cut down the hours of fasting needed for improved mental function is to exercise

No user, melatonin resets your sleep schedule to the time you took the melatonin. That's why it's so good for jet lag too. It might help

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin#Jet_lag_and_shift_work

As far as I know my friend said he was studying for the MCAT and was having trouble focusing for long periods of time, probably extremely exaggerated. He's also the best bullshitter I know, borderline sociopath, so that most likely helped. Just have a convincing story that you can't focus I'd say.

Most truthfulness. Never admit you do drugs. Don't admit to trying drugs. Express disappointment with your life and make a good reason for why you decided to seek a diagnosis.

Possible, but there are a lot of retards that spend all day on their instant gratification device and their attention span gradually dwindles away and then they think they need pills to read a book when they never needed them when they were younger. You probably do have ADHD, maybe OP does, but I still think we're way too quick to go with the pill/medication route for everything instead of doing some self reflection and see if there's something we're doing in our own lives that makes us unable to focus.

this is the truth, but unfortunately upper level division classes in a STEM degree require an inordinate amount of study time per day. You're either chugging pots of coffee, taking adderall, taking modafinil, or lagging behind

>physician
>venvanse

it's vyvanse, sick LARP pajeet

Evolution, man. Hunting. When your ancestors became hungry, they needed to focus on finding food.

Fasting is the most natural way to live

I also do this. Morning fast + caffeine +
occasionally modafinil is fucking god tier. Typically break fast around 4-5 pm. One apple mid-day just to recover liver glycogen also allows for extended fasts.

>inordinate
nah you just suck.

Interesting, I am taking bacopa for past half year already. Still failing the upper level actuarial exam. Sigh. Going to be harder now since I got a kid.

You need to down ramp. If you're already on amps then you've gone too far.

...I'm ADHD though?

kek

probably going outside and talking to people

Really? I like phenibut, it makes me very talkative in a social setting

"Ask the people staying late in the library where to get some?" is the answer I always hear

>Mensa
>Doesn't know the different between wart and wort...
Yeah, sure thing buddy

If you cant pass the exam without drugs then just do the world a favor and work fast food.

try psychedelics

Huperzine-A, cod-liver oil, vit d3+calcium, zinc, magnesium glycinate, ashwaganda, bacopa moneri

Modafinil +/- caffeine
Pseudoephedrine + caffeine + l-theanine
Adderall + caffeine
Noopept + caffeine
Lotsa water

lsd, psilocybin, DMT every 1-2mon

Phenibut and/or small doses of kratom.

Kratom is not a nootropic.

>nicotine
>fish oil
>creatine
>modafinil
>nettle root
>horny goat weed
Thank me later OP.

TO THE KIDS READING THIS

better to go on LGD and make physical gains when you're young

This is probably one of the best posts in this thread.

It can act as a nootropic in small doses.
>more talkative
>more energetic
>more productive
It's only when you take higher doses that it turns you into a sleepy moron.