Has anybody got ideas for big batch meals? I'm looking to make a big ass batch of something...

Has anybody got ideas for big batch meals? I'm looking to make a big ass batch of something, store it in the fridge and consume it over time. I know it's cheaper this way. I want to make something preferably with chicken. I'm also going to be eating this cold.

Anybody got any ideas? Last week I made a massive chilli con carne that lasted 5 days and that was pretty cool.

I've done it.
I find that chicken doesn't really stand up all that well to being cooked, stored and reheated.
I find a more robust meat, like the cheaper cuts of beef, pork or lamb are better.

If I'm going to make a big batch I'll do a slow cooked stew, curry or chilli using all the above meats.
And a big batch of rice that you can microwave. Basmati rice is better than the american long grain rice. The long grain stuff goes had if its stored for any period of time.

Look around for a tamale recipe you like. You can make them in bulk and freeze them. They reheat pretty well, depending on the masa.

I'm not reheating it though, I specifically said I was eating it cold

how about a nice pot of Americanized goulash?

nice and thick and served over some noodles

i think the best meal that you can regeat is some kind of stew.

It reheats great in the 'wave

love goulash

my suggestions would be chili, cabbage soup, lentil soup, pot roast, meatloaf, spaghetti

Chicken won't be that moist after day 2 or 3. Still edible but dry.

I have slow cooked pork shoulder as well as pork ribs. It will feed you for a week. Not too expensive and there are tons of things you can do with it(i.e. sandwiches, tacos, nachos, with rice and vegetables.)

I also like to make a big pot of rice, take half, portion it out and freeze that, then use the rest throughout the week. I read somewhere that rice lasts about a month in the freezer but it should last longer.

You could make a basic soup with chicken and add that frozen rice to it and I bet it would be fine.

Are you a fucking animal!
Who eats cold left overs?

>noodles
You guys are stupid.

Lasagne

> left overs

don't make me shit. I never said anything about leftovers.

Why are you eating it cold OP?

Thick goulash is a great idea. If I'm making some microwave burritos at night and there's some type of pasta and sauce I'll have a few spoonfuls while waiting.

So your going to make a big batch of food wait until it gets cold and eat it all at once?

Cold meat.

More specific, a big pork roast. Maybe with some roasted vegetables as a side, like onions and carrots. Tastes great cold too,with some dark bread or similiar.

It can feed me for a week or even more. At the first two days it's quite tasty but then it turns into routine without any particular taste

Pork roast, sliced to make sandwiches.

Pasta salad (or lentils, or couscous)

If you have access to a termos or microwave to reheat there's a chicken casserole dish I like that makes great lunches for a week.

I do this for most of my meals.
Generally I make and freeze the sauce component then cook the veggies and carbs before I eat.

Some things I do often:
>Spag bol
>Chicken curry
>Veggie soup
>Beef stew
>Lamb casserole
>Pork and fennel casserole

care to explain what that is?

I am officially hijacking this thread because I am a normal person who will happily reheat food and want to see normal recipes