Honestly ,how does anyone do e-commerce successfully?

I have a decent bit of money to put in an online venture and free time to boot.

I remember when I was younger like 10 years ago some guy had over 80,000 separate sales on Ebay SOLELY from fucking dog sunglasses. DOG FUCKING SUNGLASSES. Biz I've done so many things wrong in my life, and remembering that is making me go insane the past couple days.

I'd love to hear about stories of failures and success in this area. I want to make it, and I'll die trying.

P.S. I have crypto-yes its legit but lets focus here

c-could you repeat that, user?

SUNGLASSES FOR FUCKING DOGS

U jellin'?

Lmao see its easy I just have to do the opposite of what I think would be popular and create something that people get no value and essentially throw their money away for 6 seconds of pointless laughter and entertainment...I can do this

Hello lads. thinking of learning java so I can develop android apps to make money
good idea or nay?

What kinds of apps? What resources would you use to learn? Its definitely the future and something I thought about as well.

I would like to know how you have such high optimism.
Are you pajeet?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well via text messaging. Just gotta find my "dog sunglasses" in life man...I'm more of a realist than anything and even with crypto I'll probably struggle my whole life. The only chance I have is to not give up, albeit its still slim.

Sarcasm wasn't intended. If you find your "dog sunglasses", let us know how it is.

I think my only shot left is to literally invent something easily massed produced. Kind of like fidget spinner-esque. I also thought about creating a card game that is kind of like Final fantasy where you have 4 or 5 chars/turn based of course. They level up job classes and basic stats each turn like in FF Tactics. A main booklet comes with describes pre-reqs needed to learn skills etc -9 classes to work with. Its like the combat of DnD meets card game meet FFT.

>thinking he’s going to get rich off making apps in 2018

You’re 10 years too late bro. Especially if you have 0 experience in software dev, you will probably not make anything of note until at least 2020. I would honestly say fuck it with Java and learn a web development stack instead. Wouldn’t hurt to do both but if you did one I would go with web dev

Do you know Ron Popeil?
He has some nice insight on the type of thing you are going for.

I saw something on TV today that was a pair of scissors used for cutting food, but they called it the 'portable chopping block' or similar. Anyways, they were just scissors used for cutting food, and probably sold a million of them for $20 each.

Hmm yea shit that makes everyday tasks easier is always a solid niche...I'll take a look thanks

Yea probably is too late...I always think of flappy bird and the resulting mental breakdown the creator had lol

>flappy bird
>resulting mental breakdown
is that from getting sued?

great idea im making a facebook of things for the smartcontract blockchain RN it's decentralised and has one of those landingpages that you have to scroll endlessly through for some reason

Idk remember the specifics, he was a one man operation and was making thousands in ad revenue. Simple Asian guy and it all stressed him out. It was rather strange, but I don't recall him getting sued.

I mentioned the other day someone with actual resources should start up a crypto exchange that refinances student loans. You would buy their "Student Coin" to pay your monthly payment, while building equity at the same time you pay off your debt and use a staking function as well Idk. Holders of "Student Coin" that don't have a loan refinanced by the exchange could also get a portion of exchange fees for more incentive to buy and hold to stablize its value. Otherwise it could function as a normal exchange with fiat/crypto as a necessary function. Obviously that is just a rough idea but student loan debt is like 1.4 Trillion now or more. It would be legit and profitable for everyone involved. What would cause this to fail? Lol

I don't know if e-commerce is dead or not, but it seems that someone will get a good idea, and then others will copy that idea ad nauseam. If that's the case, does it matter being a few steps behind the leader? Seems like it would be a lot safer to avoid pitfalls and other traps.

Yea the market gets so saturated so quickly nowadays, you have to be one of the first out of the gate or have a really specific niche theme that you take a lot of the market share, but its not crazy profitable enough for others to try and undercut you

Op you're clearly an ideaguy, a teenager or both. If you are either, just focus 1-3 years on learning a valuable skill and you will make plenty of money.

Ecommercr is literally buying Chink shit in bulk and selling it or straight up drop shipping. Its very saturated and I feel its very difficult to get into it nowadays. I made a good 7k a month back in 2013 drop shipping phones from China with just 30-50 bucks profit from every phone sold.

While you can make a lot of money I stopped because it was hell to communicate with the chinks and every time a mistake occurred (which wasn't rare with my volume) it was a huge pain in the ass. So while I had a Neet lifestyle I had to spend way to much time with these chink fucks and their broken English.

I am currently making way more by hiring Chinese companies to produce me their products with my original packaging and label and importing and selling them (offline through a line of personal salesmen) where I live, though I'm not american.

>the app ship has sailed 10 years ago
>suggestion is the website ship which sailed 20 years ago

Well thanks for the encouragement, I definitely have ideas. My friend and I had a genius idea (so we thought) about travel size toliet seat disinfectant that you spray on and wipe off with TP. No shit it was made literally last year. I'm in my mid 20's and unfortunately made the mistake of learning about too many different things and not specializing to make solid money.

I clearly still have time, but self employment is the American dream after all. I also thought about trying to find someone who would manufacture patches for clothes, bags etc that were religious symbols and even popular scripture. Christian imagery, symbols, jewelry etc people will buy that shit, hell I might even tithe some profits if it was successful. Knights Templar cross does look kind of badass.

Modern Web Dev will always be useful.
React + React Native + NodeJS
100k annually

pajeets don't compare to quality code

Now I'm stuck in management as the ceiling making 30K/yr if I'm lucky. I have low living expense and saved well, especially the last year. I quit my job recently because I didn't respect the ownership of the company, in addition to a dispute over wages owed(small business) no matter where I go that will be the case anyway, so I may as well suck it up. I thought I'd give something else a try before I resort to wage slaving again.

He was making up to 50k a day on adds, those days are over though

Wow you don't need to many of those days to make it though...incredible

How did you get in contact with these chinese companies? Did you research Aliexpress and just send them a mail, then called them?

Most companies just deliver in too huge quantities (10.000$ volume or more). And also a sample is really too expensive if you are not already a company with a solit net worth.

How did you do this?
Also not american, european here.

I miss the good old days though, when we could buy bulk JWH-018, 5-meo-dmt, etc, etc from Alice or Kevin, or Eric, etc.. through Alibaba

I'll second his question-honestly finding reputable wholesalers with consistent product seemed like the whole battle. I like the idea of doing your own branding though

DMT is the only drug I want to do or try-I hear that shit is life changing-Drug free/tobacco/alcohol free