Everybody says that Taco Bell isn't real mexican food. Then what is?

Everybody says that Taco Bell isn't real mexican food. Then what is?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/100-american-how-the-crispy-ta-154273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Taco Time

The most successful laxative sold in America.

It's a taco place.
In the same way a place that sells barbecue is just a barbecue place not an "American restaurant" because America has no culture.
It's not connected to Mexican culture so it's simply a taco place.
I don't understand why this is a question.

mexicans only eat tortillas though

texmex

>because America has no culture.

haha, go to bed yuropoor

It's American food.

Tex Mex.

Taco bell is shit x

what the fuck is that

Every place that has existed has a culture.

they changed the formula of the spices to prevent that....

hes right tho.

the united states have no culture of their own.

everything is brought from other places:
german cooking = fried tenderloins or foods
mexican cooking = everything on a tortilla
french cooking = bakery
italian cooking = takeout pizza and pastas
chinese cooking = takeout noodles

i guess the only thing America has is bbq, but emphasis on lots of sugar in cooking.

>i guess the only thing America has is bbq

Slow cooking meat over fire is hardly a new or unique invention.

what about filly cheese steak samiches
what about newyork hot dogs
what about cali pizza , wierd stuff that
what about that pizza from chi town , deep pie kinda wierd but whteva
but finally what about native american cuisine?
those fuckin injun make a good deep fried taco!

if america has no culture explain the chicago pizza meme

>memes
>culture
have you considered taking a break from Veeky Forums before you start caring about video game ethics, senpai?

get out

creole, cajun, southern food in general, all those regional dishes

and that's just the food. The whole world consumes american culture on a daily basis, they just don't realize it because it is so ubiquitous. I no longer give you permission to listen to American music or watch American films and TV shows

>the united states have no culture of their own.
Never been to Louisiana I take it?

>implying memes don't actually belong under the umbrella of culture
also nice dodge

thats why i posted "I guess" with the added "emphasis on sugar in foods".

see
>i guess the only thing America has is bbq, but emphasis on lots of sugar in cooking.

i am ashamed of my country sometimes in the culunary arts because you can tell whats american and what isnt based on how much brown sugar is used in things, like baked beans, pork, chicken and other meats. Its gross.

everything you have listed is based off of non united states cuisine. with the exception for native American which unknown to a whitewashed society and is surprisingly not commercialized........yet.

I never even heard of the food that's supposedly from my state.

nobody has been called a cuck, faggot, or been told to kill themselves yet???

Praise the borg I think hell finally froze over desu sempai desu sempai desu sempai

everything you have put effort into posting can be shot down in the matter of seconds.

cajun is a mixture of the then french and spanish trades of way back before colonization. they are just as united states culture as calling pasta, a chinese invention, Italian.

>Mexican parents moved to the US in their early 20s
>They eat Taco Bell occasionally
>Take my Mexican grandma to taco bell on her first ever trip to the United States
>She thought Taco Bell was the best thing she had ever eaten

whoever came up with these "recipes" really took the concept of junk food to heart. And by heart I mean coronary disease.

By that measure the only original motherfucker was the first caveman to take a bite out of a burned carcass and think to himself, "damn, that's pretty good!"

tfw I was the one who accidentally derailed the $1 steak thread
tfw I was the one who posted that Americans have no culture and derailed this thread

I don't do it on purpose, I promise

This, 2bh

All the stuff on the map and that the girl listed are American just as dishes in other nations are based off of those from another

The girl who wrote that post does not know anything about how many recipes are similar in Scandinavian areas

Southern Italian makes extensive use of tomatoes, an American plant

Brits make meat pies, a Roman invention

Neapolitans make pizza, a Greek invention

Japanese make curry and ramen, Indian and Chinese foods, respectively

Portuguese eat bacalau, a Norwegian dish

Brits eat chicken tikka masala, Indian food

Austrians love coffee, an Arabian drink

Brits love tea, also from India

These culinary masterpieces are central to the cuisine of their respective countries and they have outside origins. Stop being a faggot and recognize

>inb4 trump tower

American food, duuh

Fuck yeah taco time

In b4 you live in a flyover state

It's mexican-inspired American crap fast food.

In actual mexican food hard taco shells aren't a real thing, ground beef is rare, and the cheese is completely different.

Taco Bell is to mexican food as, say, mac and cheese is to italian food. The difference is that no one markets mac and cheese as italian. But that's it. Marketing.

Tomatoes are central and south american, specifically.

You also forgot the absolute insane love germans and the irish have for potatoes, also native to the americas.

to be fair, Taco Bell doesn't market itself as authentic fare either. Literally the only mention is in the Mexican pizza, which is on the way out.

The pic attributes chicken fried steak to Wyoming???

The ONLY place that isn't a flyover location is NYC. Even then, you gotta be in Queens or Brooklyn or Manhattan.

> NYC

Enjoy your overrated pizza.

West coast and deep south have the best food, period.

Jesus what a bunch of shit.

Taco bell is not real mexican food because it is clean and they have health inspections that cannot be bribed away etc..

>because America has no culture.

Fuck people like you.

Choke on your next meal.

Trump Grill.

The only fast food place with an actually decent dollar menu. Nothing more delicious than a cheap burrito.

I see someone failed geography they have Nebraska and Kansas labeled incorrectly.

tacos are made with tortillas
there's something called flautas, a fried rolled tortilla with the stuff inside
also i dont know how people can eat yellow "cheese" with ground beef

it tastes good. real mexican food is still better but so is a real burger compared to a mcdouble. The real issue is the hard shell tacos. those things are retarded.

36 hours in NOLA (getting away from the tourist areas) would prove anyone who claims the US has no culture wrong ten times over.
What is Taco Bell? A corporate creation based on the popularity of Tex Mex food. Just like Chipotle is a corporate take on Cali Mex. And Pizza Hut is a redneck adaptation of Italian American pizza, with a lot of effort put in to make it seem as little Italian as possible.

While these foods influence cuisine I would argue they are more pop cultural creations than part of any traditional cuisine. The Quesarita and the stuffed crust pizza did not arise from any cooking traditions, but in the corporate test kitchen in response to various marketing research and other pressures (like the dairy lobby encouraging fast food companies to use more cheese). So these foods are "American cuisine" in the same way the latest Hollywood blockbuster is American culture.

but I love the mexican pizza. Its like a shittly put together taco.

Taco Bell is shit, but authentic Mexican food is still disgusting as all fuck.

nice rolled tacos...

Said no one ever.

for what purpose

And what is it supposed to be?

Taco bell was started by Glen Bell, wanting to open a drive in after world war 2. Another person in his unit(of Mexican decent) said he could make a bunch of money selling tacos, No one in the area had ever heard of them before and it was a hit. People in town gave him the name Taco Bell

>First dip pulls out corn
>second dip pulls out the 5th sauce

What is in that vat?

Don't hate on the Bronx.
I live in New York and I hardly even care about pizza, but we have a lot of other great shit

Literally all culture has roots elsewhere, you idiot.

Ironic because Americans are on average significantly worse off than eurotrash. Ya'll fuckin dumb.

>they have health inspections that cannot be bribed away
Keep telling yourself that.

I really hope this is a shitpost and you're not actually this fucking stupid.

That's a false equivalency that like 90% of the people in this thread are making but you outright state it so ill respond to you.
You don't have to invent something to have it be a part of your culture.

many different places adopt others things and run with it and make it a sort of tradition.
If a majority of southern americans started eating Jamaican food it would become a part of their culture.

this could only be made better if after all that work she threw it right into the trash can. jesus christ no one deserves this kind of food.

Chipotle because it actually gives you e. coli

Don't you have a cilantro field you should be shitting in you wetback piece of shit.

Mexican food is a fucking hoax. Mexicans are so autistic about the "authenticity" of their food, they'll say shit like the beans came from a can the entire dish isn't authentic mexican, or its a flour tortilla not corn so it's not a real taco

WV has pepperoni rolls, this map checks out.

bullshit.

hard taco shells == tacos dorados
ground beef == picadillo
cheese == cheese

run for the border.

all the mexicans i know eat flour tortillas. i am starting to think the corn is just a meme to trick gringos into eating shitty food.

Mexilards tradicional food is primarily the Chilango speciality "Caca" go find a local taqueria and ask them for Caca fresca and they will hook you up

>getting mad at America for being more recent and people bringing their food over
Do you also get mad at any other country that had people come in and bring their food with them? Or is it okay because it happened thousands of years ago instead of hundreds, and also they don't rule the entire fucking earth after such a short amount of time?

>being so upset about a nations cuisine.

It's a Mexican inspired reconstructed hamburger.
Behold the transformation from burger to Taco Bell:
Bread = Shell
Meat = Same
Toppings (tomato, lettuce, cheese product) = Same
Mayonnaise = Cream
Ketchup = "Hot Sauce/s"

Everything else they sell is a variation on this. Whit people are the only ones I've seen order nasty crap like all bean burritos. White are the biggest beaners I know.

Mexico is in North America along with Cuba and the rest of the Caribbean Islands.

making something look more mexican doesn't make it actually mexican.

thekitchn.com/100-american-how-the-crispy-ta-154273

I'd rather live in the South Bronx than in those balls deep parts of Brooklyn or Queens with no subway service

something much worse

Food cooked in Mexico?

SUGAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR sugar......................S U G A R sugar sugar sugar. . . . . . . . . . . . .s.u.g.a.r.----------------S.U.G.A.R..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR000000000000000sugar111111111111111111SUGAR222222222222222222sugar333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR

>America has no culture
>says this when entire world is affected by American culture

it's as mexican as any shit them dumb border jumpin burritto bandito's could cook up, i hope trumpy shuts taco bell down and ships them back to taco town, quite honestly.

>unfunny 14 year old edgelord

>tfw no Mexican wife to make tacos for me

Nice thumbnail...

I'd rather be shipped to flavortown.

its a prison spread, made by someone not in prison
basically, prisoners get a whole bunch of packaged food, spices, and sauces together and just mix everything into one big shitpile, because its better than what the prison cafeteria food is like

>America has no culture
what about all the music and visual media made here? is that somehow non culture?

>No culture says the man who lives in a consumerist world and typing on a computer which was made cheap enough for the average person to own one because of American consumerist culture.

Not saying consumerism is a really good thing but it is a part of American culture which is found all over the world and have given us many of the modern amenities that we take for granted

Also people don't open BBQ places and call them American restaurants cause people would probable expect burgers fries shakes and Americanized continental food not pulled pork and brisket

>look more mexican
>more mexican

>Idaho
>not a potato dish

Bullshit faggot

Culture is literally a meme.

>Ohio
>Not Cincinnati Style Chili
yo wut

this would destroy my stomach and would cause my ulcers great pain

>Idaho
>real
Disinfo agent, pls go

You're both being legit stupid. America easily has a unique culture. It's derived from other cultures, although every culture derives from others.

What you guys really mean is that American doesn't have "sophisticated" culture or something like that, but that's probably not true too.

Some of the obvious parts would be military and gun culture, which are there own thing, adequately distinct from military and gun culture in Europe, for example.

This applies to food as well.

>at a loss to bring up anything good about the USA
>b-but muh guns
Jesus fucking christ, Wisconsin

Can't you do any better than that?

>US has no culture
>here's single examples of shared food cultures
>also here's an example of American food culture
it's like you can't even read things you write