So I went to Schwartz's today, and it was frankly pretty disappointing, rather dry and not like I remember

So I went to Schwartz's today, and it was frankly pretty disappointing, rather dry and not like I remember.

Where do you get your smoked meat from Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLkihI9648Q
youtube.com/watch?v=d3qxL1etzHs
seriouseats.com/2014/06/difference-between-pastrami-smoked-meat-katzs-schwartzs-mile-end.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that much meat on normal sandwich bread
>with only a bit of mustard
They'd better serve it with a glass of water or something,

I found a place in New Hampshire called Chez Vachon that has smoked meat. They serve it on marbled rye with stoneground mustard, though, which seems different from what's traditional in Montreal. It was good. Pretty salty.

used to go to a place in cleveland that had bomb corned beef, but the sandwich is too big, so I would get an extra bread and make 2 sandwiches and take one home. $7 for 2 meals, so I wont complain.

>corned beef sandwich
>too big

Is such a thing possible?

Montrealer here, maybe you asked for your SM lean? But yeah, due to the volume, they precut the meat and some sandwiches are left on the counter to dry out before they serve it.

Try the Main in front next time.

Dunns is fine, they slice it on order and the SM is good, but they don't make it in house.

Chez Georges in Laval smoke their own meat and you taste thedifference, but it's quite pricey.

Don't go to chenoys or any classic diner, they usually don't have the volume to have good smoked meat, they just reheat smoked beef and it tastes like shit.

Smoke meat pete is terrific.

Lesters in outremeont is really good too.

Never order SM pizza or Poutine, they take the dry scraps of the sandwiches in a bin and put in on the pizza or poutine.

Sc-Sceak?

>Sceak?
Nope, I googled it and the guy doesn't look like me.

>tripfag worship
Get out.

>eating meat

When will this meme end...

>eating smoked meat
>2016
May cancer rid this world of your dumb af genes lol

faggots detected

What. Why do you hate smoked meat?

It has literally been shown to be a cause of heart disease and cancer, much like tobacco

I'm not eating it every day user.

Is it possible to make this stuff at home?

It's smoked marinated brisket so yes, a lenghty process but it works.
Pastrami part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=MLkihI9648Q
part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=d3qxL1etzHs
part 3
part 4
part 5
----

Montreal Style vs Jew York style:
seriouseats.com/2014/06/difference-between-pastrami-smoked-meat-katzs-schwartzs-mile-end.html

It's bascally just a different spices mix, but same origins.

Hmm. Maybe I should try it myself.

Gotta die of something.

The Netflix Good Eats collection has an episode on Corned Beef right now.

Life itself has been determined to be the cause of death...

So...what the fuck are you gonna do now there ya dead fag walking...

Well user I got bad news for you. Pollution in the air causes cancer too. You better stop breathing

No dude, it's illegal to have a beverage with your Jew sandwich

That looks like my wife's cunt and the bread is the thighs

Anyone ever been to Katzinger's down Columbus? Pretty good food.

yeahm¸, worst case ontario, you waste 20$ of meat and spices and 3 days time.

Schwartz's is not what it used to be.
Ben's has closed down.

The only really great smoked meat place anymore is Smoke Meat Pete, but it's a detour. Their fries are good, too.

he looks like he has been using that apron as a cum rag for weeks

Good, but overpriced. The barrels of pickles are a nice touch, though.

We don't get down there too often (we're about two hours out), but enjoy our time in Columbus when we can. What are some of your favorite places? We've tried Katzinger's, FlipSide (Easton), Melt (Easton), a couple places in the North Market, and some spots I'm sure I'm forgetting. I'm more of a fan of small diners, though.

I like 9 inch nails. Fuck me.

band or on finger?

Both