Sup Ja/ck/s, just got 2 cans of this sardines, are they any good?, with crackets, salt and pepper only...

Sup Ja/ck/s, just got 2 cans of this sardines, are they any good?, with crackets, salt and pepper only, how do you sever them?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Agostino-Recca-Fillets-Anchovies-8-1/dp/B004F7T49W/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1465532830&sr=8-8&keywords=salt packed anchovies
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ja/ck/s

Fuck off, shitposter.

I'm a regular with this brand, but my favorite are water and lemon.
I just eat them with big salad and 4 of pic related.

I don't have scandinavian blood.

I eat sardines straight out the can
I get just straight in oil. Never really tried any with any other ingredients added

Looks good, gonna try them, looks like the flat bread they use to eat that stinky rotten fish.

Is it just me that finds canned sardines disgusting unless they're Beachcliff?

Sardine Snackers Swerve
Kippered Haddock master race coming through
Anchovy autists need not apply

I add mustard

The tomato ones of that brand are the best. Jalapeno is ok. Don't like the rest.

Open can
Grab fork
pick up sardine with fork
put in mouth
chew
swallow
repeat.

bump

>not liking anchovies AND sardines

i like to mix it with hot rice so it's all broken up. season with salt, pepper, maybe a little garlic powder or cayenne.

This. And don't forget pickled herring.

I put sardines with added flavors (not including olive oil) on toast and eat the plain varieties straight out of the can.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT IN MY SARDINES

IM NEVER BUYING BEACH CLIFF AGAIN

It's roe, my friend. If you don't want the surprises possible in larger fish, stick to Brislings, like King Oscar and Crown Prince.

Looks like eggs. It was pregnant and poorly processed.

I never bought sardines in the first place because spines are gross, but holy FUCK after this picture in will never ever ever ever buy a can of sardines as long as I live.

sardine roe you fucking moron, thats good eating right there.
p.s kill yourself

I know it's not the same, but are anchovies good on pizza?

They're the best on pizza.

I prefer these

Got some once as well, lost my appetite after realizing that when it was already in my mouth.
It's no caviar.

same here user

alternatively, add it to some good stock with a dash of tomato paste and a pinch of saffron for a poor man's bouillabaise

just eat them, it all tastes the same anyway

or scoop it out and feed to kitter/doggo

Can anyone tell me how the ones at Costco compare?

everything at costco is great so i would imagine their sardines are great as well

>white people

hmmm, not sure if attempted insult, or compliment...

these are the best

ANCHOVY MASTER RACE REPORTING IN NIGGAS GET ON MY LEVEL

I love anchovies, but have never understood the point of the being packed like that, especially with a random caper in the middle.

Are they meant to be eaten as one big salty bite? If not, what's the purpose of the caper? Just to add extra flavor to the oil/brine?

rolled anchovies are typically snacks/served alongside something else without being further tampered with.

I just eat them from the jar. They're much more palatable than the tin anchovies if you're going to eat them straight. The fish is a significantly higher quality, and the caper tones down the anchovy some.

Huh, I'll have to pick up a jar next time I'm out (and will probably end up eating them all in one sitting).

I've been trying to find salt packed anchovies, but despite having a really wide selection of canned fish, across a handful of different grocery stores, haven't managed to find any.

Totally worth it.

Still, just the cheap ass tins for cooking or sauteing. Salt packed is high life--that's why your grocer doesn't carry them for the plebs.

amazon.com/Agostino-Recca-Fillets-Anchovies-8-1/dp/B004F7T49W/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1465532830&sr=8-8&keywords=salt packed anchovies

Them shits look divine. I usually prepare the ones in tins in a "midnight pasta" at least once a week. Link: cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper

brunswick make the BEST tinned seafood. my old man would have sardnes, s&p and red onion on cruskits for a snack. goat

good recipe to try is janssons temptation, basically shepherds pie but with sardines instead of minced lamb with onion and peas... and instead of mashed potato you make a potato gratin... and instead of having the potato on top and the meat on the bottom it has layers of both like a lasagna

Oh man, this looks good. Damn you for making me aware of this lol

Beach cliff and brunswick have that junk all the time.
I say if a fish is a foot long they should not call it a sardine

Whatever you do DO NOT cook or heat them. It ruins the texture and brings out the fishy flavor. Eaten straight from the can they taste like a milder, less smelly version of tuna fish.

slapjawed faggots detected