How do I learn how to cook? I plan to move out in a year or two, and I want to learn life skills

How do I learn how to cook? I plan to move out in a year or two, and I want to learn life skills

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E0v32jYkSi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You learn by doing, basically. Look up some recipes and try them out. Start out with some simple pasta dishes.

if there is something in particular you are interested in making check YouTube or any site like food network that is the best way to get started. Eventually you will fill your recipe box enough to start improvising.

The same way you learn anything else. Google is your friend. Please don't make a thread like this ever again.

We need a fucking sticky.

And OP, you learn by practicing.

Start with easy stuff, day to day recipes and move up.

JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SKILL IN LIFE.

Culinary training should be fucking mandatory in high school. I did it because of the qties I got to cook with, but came away apparently miles ahead of the average classmate.

It isn't hard. Find a recipe, follow it as closely as a Nazi would and do not deviate from that it says until you've mastered it.... and now you know how to cook

It really is not hard unless you are trying to make intricate, delicate dishes which require practice practice practice. If you want to make something like chicken stir fry, sausage rolls, french onion soup (or most soups for that matter), baked/fried fish, or countless other things, it is quite simple. Find a recipe, follow it a few times and see how it comes out. If you're not completely inept it should be fine. I barely ever used recipes I had my grandmother teach me which was great and I observed other people cook. The key with things like meat, fish and eggs though is you don't want to overcook them. Eggs especially might require a lot of trial and error to get them done right. Lower heat is key.

>as a Nazi would

do you mean to sit in a bunker and blow your own brains out while your little sisters and daughters are being gang raped by the invading Allied armies?

not sure how his would help your look cooking skills, bro

Thinking more final solution, "only following orders"

But hey, nice to see yet another 4channer turned on by sexual violence.

Try allrecipes.com and "Cooking With Jack" on YouTube.

Hmm. Start with the basics. Here's where I'd tell you to start. Here's your very first goal:

Learn to fine dice an onion. Get on Youtube and start browsing videos. Someone or ten have already recorded themselves doing it. So monkey see, now monkey do.

Once you've figured that out, next goal:

Learn how to saute that fine diced onion. Again, youtube is your friend.

Countless dishes start out this way, with a chopped, sauteed onion. If you learn nothing else, learn those two things, almost everything else builds on that.

>jack
Kek

Play voyeur then go try some shit. If anyone you know knows how to cook, have them show you. Parents are great for this, but if that won't work try friends or YouTube. Most people don't mind showing off a little. After that it's all practice. Start simple, go slow, watch your heat, don't leave your dish unattended.

Cooking well enough to feed yourself isn't hard at all, but good on you for making sure you know how.

Eggs are cheap, easy to make edible and challenging to make perfectly so they're a good option for beginners.

As opposed to being turned on by genocide?

Seconding this. Also work on:

> browning and searing meat
> seasoning (salt and pepper are your friend)

learn to use a pressure cooker. Fast hot food, no fuss.

By cooking. Think about the processes that transform your ingredients in each instance. The methods used in cooking are pretty generalized. Check out youtube tutorials on class French cooking if you want to learn some good terminology too.

>seasoning (salt and pepper are your friend)
And you can season your food with this stuff at the end. People tend to assume you need to be salting it all and shit up front, but given evaporation and stuff, your salt levels will be better if you salt to taste later on. Question fundamental assumptions like this and you'll be able to learn a lot just from thinking and experimenting

No nigger.
youtube.com/watch?v=E0v32jYkSi0

WATCH GOOD EATS

and also cook dinner every night, aim for 4 new meals a week

try cooking every kind of protein

>no fuss

>no stains of any kind or food anywhere
Did they have it empty? Also Instantpots are pretty good.

Since this is a beginner thread.... how do i make banana pancakes? I used 2 eggs and one (large) banana. blended that a bit, put it into a pan on high heat. needless to say, it didn't even stick to itself. the pancakes just turned into goop that you couldn't flip and were not firm, they just fell apart (like scrambled eggs would)
Did i not leave it long enough? i mean it was already starting to smell a bit burnt, that's why i tried to flip it over.

You can get a textbook or just watch youtube videos. what actually matters is grinding, any skill in this life is about grinding and grinding.

W E W L A D