Hey Veeky Forums. I'm making fries with some shitty breaded fish for my brothers. Come watch me

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm making fries with some shitty breaded fish for my brothers. Come watch me.

Forgot to mention the fish is you know the stuff that's already breaded and you cook from frozen but whatever. let me get started

Is it Salmon? I love salmon.

Let me check. Start by washin your potatoes

Cut them like this if you want regular fries.

Throw them into a bag.

Mix some oil with any spice you want really. 6 tbs of oil, then add whatever. I'm doing garlic powder, pepper, chilli powder, and rosemary.

cod or pollock?

Throw it in the bag and mix it up.

at least you're making your own 'tatos.

>throw up in the bag and mix it up

>implying oil and dark spices are supposed to look good

I messed up my ipod but tl;dr I spread them out on a pan and am cooking them for 45 min at 400 F. Will check in 20 min.
On the package that's exactly what it says.

These are actually 90% done. Going to cook for another 10 min, then I think they'll be good.

Scratch that, 425 at 5 min.

Tell me these don't look pretty good.

Nothing looks good on the first camera phone.

Sorry pal. I dropped my iPod 6 in a lake. Forced to use my ipod 4 :(

The photos are shit but they were probably delicious.

How did the boys like it? You should've snapped them enjoying it.

>asking for pictures of children

The whole joy of cooking is seeing people enjoy the food.

You are the one who turned it weird my nigga.

"Harry, how would you rate the fries?"
"10/10 I would really like you to make them again"

Imo they were 7-8 out of 10. I baked them instead of frying so all in all it was pretty good.

How long should I mix them for?
What kind of oil did you use?
I'm just making sure I'm not an idiot: You baked them for 5 minutes at 425°?

Good stuff man, it's a good feeling havind even a little meal appreciated.

Why didn't you fry them though. I'm sure your brother wouldn't have had a heart attack.

I'll make it real clear for you. I probably should have mentioned.

Canola Oil
Mix until coated
I baked them for a total of 20 minuites at 400 and 5 minuites at 425. I would suggest going 25 at 400, but I upped the temperature because I needed to get the fish into the oven.

Ok, thanks! I'll probably try this tonight as I just bought a big sack of potatoes today.

I don't think I had any oil to fry, plus I don't have a deep fryer/didn't want to make a mess. It's kind of nice to share this with you guys because what I shared before was shitty and really half assed.

No problem pal. Please after 20 minutes, check. Bake for longer at your own will. I'd suggest flipping them at half, too. I was expecting to flip them at 20 and cook for another 20 but they were pretty much done there so I just rolled with it.

Yup. I just checked my cupboard and I realized that I didn't buy any canola oil. Which oil do you think is best; sunflower oil, avocado oil or just vegetable oil?

Fair enough.

What do you mean by shared before?

Well because you're not frying, Maybe veggie oil. I've never used either to be honest..

I post a lot here. Made shitty (in Veeky Forumss eyes) tomato sauce with canned tomato sauce. I just spiced it up a little I guess. I made burgers too which were 6/10.

I'm trying them (:

Looks grand, lad. Be sure to salt them after.

Damn, I mixed in sea salt with the oil. Hope that doesn't mess them up.

It won't. I just forgot to salt them earlier so maybe you would've. It won't mess anything up man :) What spices did you put on them?

I used the same as you, except the sea salt. Also I'm baking them a little longer because I used thicker slices.

I'm proud of you, son.

Thanks! I always sucked at making french fries, and I saw this guide and this was a must-try for me. They seem like a success so far!

I'm surprised I wasn't called a shit show or something. I don't take a lot of pride in my cooking, I just sort of do it.

Don't worry about the insults, I find them affectionate on here, actually. I lurk most if your posts and I think you're pretty good

Nigga, that's gay ;) But I appreciate the enjoyment. Christmas is coming and I'll be sure to get some good posts up.How're the fries?

Great! Making more later. Next time I'll season them more. And bake em a bit less. Thanks for the recipe! Pic related

Looks gr8 m8. Glad you had fun!

New thread