Any german here? Do you like fermented vegetables...

Any german here? Do you like fermented vegetables? I finally managed to complete a batch of sauerkraut and another of beets. Is safe to eat these on a daily basis or may I develop problems? I never visited Germany, do they eat sauerkraut everyday?

I don't get what problems you expect apart from high sodium levels.

German here

Yes we eat sauerkraut every day
no it will make you strong
keep away from fucking faggot pickeled fish for shit-eating fucking Scandinavians and faggot English alcholic shitfucking romanians.

Yeah besides sodium sauerkraut is good for you. It has probiotics, good for your gut.

Fermented foods are good for you. If it's live cultures they can give you some bad farts if you eat a lot at once and aren't used to it. That's about it.

Why you h8 m8?

Because user is not an actual German.

Store bought or homemade? Do you use 3% salt concentration to extract the juice? I read a paper saying 5% is the optimum to avoid spoilage but it reduces the flavour. They said 2% was to little to protect from bacterias. Another one used only 0.9% but temp was keep below 15C.
After 9 days (optimum fermentation from a paper) should i put in the refrigerator? Average temperature where I live is 26C.

Home-made
I used 3% to 4% but my mother always used 5% because we were raised poor

I let mine sit for 9-11 days depending on what kind of brine I use, I make a batch probably twice a week with how much my brothers and I eat

No I'm German but I'm joking

Except romanians can get fucked I'm not going to even bother capitalizing the "r"

Is your city colder than mine? I fear trying the lower salt version (like 1.3%) and poisoning myself. My refrigerator is 10 ºC and it doesnt have a temp control, can I use low salt and let it ferment in refrigerator since day one? Will it ever ferment below ~15 ºC?

I fucking hate sauerkraut as a german. it's so disgusting. Other pickled vegetables are fine though.

I like pickled vegetables and fermented vegetables

Try that fermented beets russian soup. I plan trying fermented milk at home but I still need to build up courage. I have the feeling that this is give me 10 days of vomit.

>not bother capitalizing the ´´r´´
you bad boy

The only dangerous fermented veg is kimchee
That shit is causing tons of cancer in korea and no one knows why.

I make kefir regularly and fell in love with it. It's like fucking mcdonalds milkshake by 48 hours

Anyway, read up on it and it turns out fermented foods are at the top of every nutritional benefits list you can find. Turns out they produce shitloads of B vitamins and consume the lactose/maltose/sucrose/fructoses leaving you with lower calorie, more nutrient dense versions of whatever you put in.

So I've been making both sauerkraut and kimchi for the past couple months and fuck me they're tasty after a while.

Kimchi is the best I've done yet, and I love this stuff then you'll fucking love kimchi with prawns or fish or whatever seafood you have at hand, it tastes even better than this bottled shit but has less sugar

Blows me away every time I eat it

you can eat them every day, but like beans they might cause your digestive system to go into overdrive. if you stick with it your body will adapt and you'll just get the benefits without the negatives.

>I'm not going to even bother capitalizing the "r"

i like kimchi and other fermented veggies. it's good bacteria for you

Depends on where in Germany.Where I'm from we don't eat sauerkraut every day,just sometimes with Kassler(salt-cured pork loin).

korean here, i eat fermented vegetables pretty much every day. different kinds of cabbage, carrots, and radish mostly. never had any problems, supposedly it's probiotic and very good for your digestive system.

also eat a lot of fermented seafood, it's tasty but i can see people who didn't grow up with it hating it.

Eat kimchi instead, the superior fermented cabbage.