Why hasn't turkey overtaken chicken as the dominant poultry? Just look at all that delicious plumage

why hasn't turkey overtaken chicken as the dominant poultry? Just look at all that delicious plumage.

Chickens are smaller, thus requiring less food and less space, thus making them cheaper for the farmer, thus making them cheaper for the consumer. Why don't you think about things before you ask retarded questions?

This

And chickens are easier to raise.

As a 'murrican I can officially say I fucking hate turkey. I think chicken is the most overrated meat out there, but it's still better than fucking turkey.

I'd rather have game hen, pidgin, or god forbid, based duck or goose any day over turkey or chicken.

Also turkey is lame, if it wasn't for much history and that type of crap no one would eat it

He was obviously trying (and failing) to make a joke. See
>delicious /plumage/

I don't like turkey, be it bird or country.
Turkey meat isn't even common in my country. Now that I think of it, excluding English-speaking ones, in most countries I've traveled to, turkey is a rarity.

Are you drunk? Why would you say 'god forbid' to eating duck yet call it 'based' in the same breath?
'God forbid' is said before something bad. 'Based' implies something is good.

I put a lot of effort in saging this shit thread and you fuckers ruined everything.

I drunk post a good 18 hours a day.

The "god forbid" was sarcastic, as people in America for some reason shy away from good poultry, driving up the prices of duck and goose (if you can even find it), while worshiping turkey because it's tradition and is also carnival food, even though nobody really likes it.

Turkey is underrated.

Turkey is overrated

piece of shit fuck off faghot

Piece of fuck shit off faggot

For the turkey hates our there. Is sliced deli turkey at least preferable to deli chicken?

tastes slightly off... kinda gamey

chicken > turkey

Chicken scum

brined turkey breast is delicious.

turkey is only good for thanksgiving. any other time of the year it doesn't taste that great to me for some reason.

Turkey is better than chicken is why

This.
People only think of the shitty turkeys their relatives cook at Thanksgiving or Christmas, instead of realizing you can make god-tier fucking turkey any time of year if you know how to cook it. Just like fattier poultry (like duck and goose) require certain cooking technique, so does turkey. Most people just shove it in the oven like a giant chicken and OF COURSE it turns out shitty. It's waaaaay underrated. I fucking love turkey, and cook it all the time. My favorite for a whole turkey is putting it on the rotisserie on my grill outside, but smoking it is good too, and if you haven't had buffalo turkey wings, I feel sorry for you, or stuffed turkey drumsticks, or turkey thigh roulade, or turkey breast satay, or .....I could go on. Roasting a turkey CAN be good too, if you do it right, but most people fuck that shit right up.

Rolled some meat balls from ground turkey last night and deep fried them for spaghetti.

Was delicious desu senpai.

Ugh I can't wait until this ground turkey fad passes on. My parents only strictly use it instead of beef now and can never eat anything they make when i visit

50/50 turkey and pork sausage is the only way to eat turkey

Turkey mince truly is the most horrid thing on the planet, though I once made a mostly-turkey turkey burger using 80% turkey breast and 20% bacon fat, thereby defeating the purpose of turkey mince (since no one buys it for its flavour).
I ran the two through my mincer, made muh boigahs and ate them fuckers like nobody's bidness.
10/10. Would recommend.

Duck > all

Trips confirm, I love a properly grilled duck.

>implying trips on a sloth board mean anything

Turkey is really cheap (at least in the US) and I don't know why people don't eat more of it. I mean, in most places it's less expensive than ground beef.

Turkey isn't even remotely gamey, maybe if it were it might actually taste good.

My family has been using ground turkey forever