Has anyone here actually tried the Gordon Ramsay meme method of scrambled eggs?

Has anyone here actually tried the Gordon Ramsay meme method of scrambled eggs?

I'm sorry but these are shit. The ones in the video he does are undercooked, and when I follow the exact same method as he does them, they are way undercooked just like in the video.

Scrambled eggs are supposed to be made in a pan, and as it slowly cooks you bring the cooked parts to the center of the pan with a fork or spatula. Always low heat because eggs are delicate and you don't want to overcook them, but you don't want them RAW. They are supposed to be silky, soft, and delicious but Gordon Ramsay makes fucking runny, under cooked RAW eggs.

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQyRuOEKfVk
infoweb.newsbank.com/resources/doc/nb/news/102F005B5A132BA5?p=UKNB
youtube.com/watch?v=u8QIDHla6iA
bonappetit.com/people/chefs/article/chef-jacques-pepin-eats-airport-hot-dogs-rarely-spends-more-than-12-on-wine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>with a fork
You fucked up!

You can totally use a fork if the spatula isn't available, asshole.

they aren't undercooked at all, you are doing it wrong lmfao. and they are actually pretty fucking good. It takes a lot longer to make it than the video, obviously because it skips while he's stirring etc, you are some kind of clown.

And scrape the shit out of the pan, did you learn to cook in a haunted house?

No dude. The way you make eggs is this.

>PAN nice and hot
>Butter
>Add in prebeaten eggs
>Salt
>Pepper
>Cook it until it's through
>Pour sriracha, ketchup and sausages over it.
>Eat with crackers

This is the only acceptable way to eat chicken abortions

>Everybody uses non stick pans lel lel lel xD

Also scraping the pan is a fucking meme. If you are not homeless most modern non stick pans are designed with withstand metal scraping against it.

please never touch my pans or cook me eggs

Because Gordon Ramsay is the cooking version of Simon Cowell. He's only good at talking shit, OP.

any dish he could make better than you, even if you explained it to him on the spot because it's some bull shit that doesn't exist, you would be raped by a 100% vote against you.

>Haha Gordon Ramsay is the best chef ever xD

You're a faggot who can't cook, and neither can he.

Jacques Pepin on the other hand knows what he is doing.

>you would be raped by a 100% vote against you
You mean to say I would lose in a popularity contest against a celebrity? Say it ain't so!

Holy fuck man it is so!

I don't use crème fraiche but I make my eggs the same way. They aren't undercooked, they are delicious. If something is undercooked... just leave it on longer, that is the wonderful thing about a stove, it can stay on longer than a YouTube video. I use less butter, a little heavy cream, spatula, non stick pot, constantly clean the cooked eggs off the bottom.

Pic related, similar to Gordon eggs with bacon and pan fried fingerling potatoes in bacon grease and rosemary with a hint of butter at the end.

>has 9 Michelin stars
>lol he suxorz because he's famous and not pretentious

it's not popularity, he has lost against plenty of people on live television. He is a great chef. you are not however.

Watch what this world renowned chef does

But whoooooaa you know better right? Fucking faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=OQyRuOEKfVk

>Using Michelin stars as a measurement of how good a chef is

lol this is how you know someone is clueless about anything culinary

it works, its nice and not undercooked at all

I bet your eggs are watery you donkey

you must be off your rocker, he doesn't scrape the fucking pan with it, he just touches it, barely.

t. homecook

hurr durr look mom I'm not graduating highschool and posting on Veeky Forums.

That's exactly what I do with a fork you dumbass.

>Thinking Michelin stars are anything but a meme

I bet you're all the type to go to fancy restaurants and take pictures of your food to post on instagram and brag about how "classy" you are fucking faggots, kek

you wisk your eggs in a non stick pan without touching the pan using a fork? no, you don't. Also a fork has spears on it, making any coating come off much easier.

This is because in an omelet you want the egg on the bottom of the pan to stay in one piece so when you fold it over it has a pretty presentation. In scrambled eggs, you want them to be... scrambled.

>Nope not watery at all. They always come out perfectly cooked, never overdone.

Sad

I fucking hate this video and wish it would fuckoff forever

>kek
>using stale insults
wow you really are in high school or some new fag from imgur.

The coating doesn't come off dude trust me I know more than you I have worked in a pan factory for 39 years.

>new fag

Only newsfags say that

But why? Because he burns the toast?

infoweb.newsbank.com/resources/doc/nb/news/102F005B5A132BA5?p=UKNB
It is common knowledge that celebrity chefs are to be favorited.

He got several of his stars before he became a celebrity.

>a chef who had a three michelin star restaurant that still has those stars after he left can't cook.
>guys, I know how to cook

you would likely be cast on hell's kitchen if you auditioned.

his three star restaurant got him started as a celebrity.

Pepin's eggs look identical to Ramsays
youtube.com/watch?v=u8QIDHla6iA

Gordon Ramsay can cook, however, he is an arrogant cunt who thinks that everything he says about a dish is fact when it is not. He does not take into account that many people like things differently than he does, and he will criticize dishes which are perfectly fine because they don't stand up to his arbitrary standards. He also over dramatizes everything on all the American cooking shows. The food he is served 60% of the time is probably good.

If they're undercooked, you're doing it wrong. You're not confusing "soft and wet" for "undercooked," are you?

I still hate the method in that video. Eggs don't need a lot of add-ins to be good. They can be soft and creamy without being loaded with dairy. The idea is to have very small curd and to cook evenly, and let the natural flavor of the egg be the star. Creme fraiche doesn't belong in this preparation, and certainly not that much butter. I'll pass.

Yeah but Pepin is French and is adorable. I'd eat anything that man cooked.

me too, except he is getting senile and funny.
microwaved bacon...

So again, the cooking version of Simon Cowell.

we agree on that point. that's why I like watching his shows though.

especially hells kitchen because they manufacture conflicts between the contestants as well, and few of them are totally actors that fuck up on purpose instead of chefs that want a new, big job.

and the hotel hell episode where he goes to a hotel in oregon and the stoned owner gives him some weed and tells him it's "kind of like basil."

I wish he was my grandpa

bonappetit.com/people/chefs/article/chef-jacques-pepin-eats-airport-hot-dogs-rarely-spends-more-than-12-on-wine

>trusting a britcuck for cooking advice
You're asking for it listening to the eternal anglo, everyone knows they can't cook and their "cuisine" is shit. Have you taken a look at his "recipes" they're all fucking shit made for the fat disgusting United Khaliphate palette. Next time look up a real chef like Pepin. The only decent video of Gordon's is the pan steak one and you have to be retarded to fuck up a pan steak.

/thread

>United Khaliphate
>Britcuck
>Eternal anglo

10/10

What's a newsfag?

I watch Fox and CNN. Is that good enough?

>rarely spends more than 12 on wine
I mean
why would you
after that it just becomes a meme bottle that you bought to brag about how much you spent

autism

>I watch Fox and CNN.
He said news, not trash TV.

You should add MSNBC to that list to complete the trifecta of filth.

that's nonstop political coverage, not news. they don't do actual journalism there, they just have a combination of the same 10-15 people on every day as a panel to argue about clinton/sanders and donald trump.

Some wines are worth it. But that's stuff for special occasions. No one who drinks wine on a regular basis spends more than about $12-15 for wine on a regular basis. It's a waste.

kek crackers !
good kek I had ;)

>falling for bait this obvious

jesus ya'll

The only user who gets it

>can't greentext
You have to go back.

who are you quoting?

God

if you know anything about cooking you know that the method controls the RATE of cooking. not how cooked it turns out. if you want to use 'gordon ramsay's method' but you want them more cooked, KEEP FUCKING COOKING THEM.

>says his eggs aren't undercooked
>posts pic of undercooked eggs and bacon

Get out

that's how i make my scrambled eggs these days, they're bomb as fuck

if your eggs are undercooked then maybe cook em longer, idfk

You literally can't cook those eggs are RAW

I tried Ramsay's method and all it did was coat the inside of my pot with fine burnt egg.

>attempt very simple recipe from world renowned chef
>recipe is proven to work thanks to video of it resulting in delicious looking food
>fuck it up
>blame world renowned chef

>being this much of a cuck

>being so bad at cooking you can't make scrambled eggs

yes. we do chucklefuck. world renouned chefs can aford to ruin a pot and pan doing what they always do in a restaurant, beathing the shit out of their equipment.

poorfag confirmed

fucking this, lol
good post user

Ride his dick some more faggot.

If you want your eggs to be a soft, velvety mass then cook it Gordon's way.
The way he does it creates a particular texture, but if you can't tell the difference between an undercooked egg and this, then you simply don't know what you're talking about.
The entire point of this recipe is you keep doing it until you can tell the eggs have had enough, but if you're waiting for them to turn into little egg nuggets the way they do when you just cook them hard and stir, then you've got the wrong idea.

I made them for a while, they tasted okay on a piece of toast but that's it. They don't have a very nice texture for other purposes in my opinion.

I prefer regular scrambled eggs, leaving them very slightly wet. I like the texture more, and prefer a little cheese on them instead of extra butter/creme fraiche.

I think his video only got so popular because it's kind of fail-proof for eggs that aren't a dry mess, and they're made in a way that most people wouldn't think of. He's creative.

no you're right son, you're the superior cook here, not ramsay

Yes you're right thanks for finally admitting it. Dumb faggot.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
I respect what Gordon has come up with, and it's good for some things, but for a "bacon and eggs" sort of deal where I just want to shovel in the eggs (which i prefer) I always end up making "normal" scrambled eggs, but cooked gently.

I've built up a distinct distaste for the ACTUALLY overcooked "fried egg nuggets" style of scrambled eggs, though.

Also, in Scandinavia there's a fairly old and well-known recipe called "roræg" (stirred eggs) which produces something almost exactly like what Gordon makes here. We put it on top of open sandwiches (smorrebrod) so go figure.
Roræg contains milk or cream, but is otherwise almost identical to Gordon's recipe both in terms of method and result.

How's your multi-million dollar cooking empire coming along?

> eternal anglo,
>United Khaliphate
> britcuck
Hey guys I've just been to /pol/ and found some memes, - look at me .. .look at me!

>there are literally people on Veeky Forums right now like OP who can't make scrambled eggs

Very good thanks for asking

>Butthurt britcuck detected

Haha you and your funny memes. You're so funny, memeing all over us with your funny memes!

Can you regale us with more memes, memester, you who are so funny and interesting and correct because you use funny funny memes?

Meme more, please. We all hunger for quality memery, and only your memetics will satisfy our meme hunger!

Yay memes!

Not really.

What is funny, is the picture post that immediately follows . ."Hurr durr, it's really funny . .made me kek . .10/10"

Do you want to know why I thinks it's funny . .. because this same thing happens in multiple threads . . .everytime there is a silly anti-British /pol/ meme . .. there is a picture post afterwards . . .take this for example it's just samefagging.

>he can't time it right

Sad. What a mess.

I don't actually know much about cooking, but I like to post in these threads to ridicule OP with my Veeky Forums buddies
helps me feel a bit better

The point of eggs is having a somewhat healthy and easy thing to eat without any fuss

His scrambled eggs are the unhealthiest fucking things ever and more effort than they're worth

>being a good chef means you're automatically knowledgable in cookware maintenance

Gordom Ramsay used a non-stick wok in his Malaysian curry (which wasn't Malaysian at all...)

A fucking non-stick wok

I don't give a fuck if he used to be able to create 3 star french food. He's a retard

>The point of eggs is having a somewhat healthy and easy thing
>all that cholesterol
>healthy

>cholesterol is bad meme

yeah having high levels of cholesterol is real good for you huh, really makes you think

>ITT: A socially inadequate shut in knows better than a Michelin Star chef.
Faggot.

>LDL
>HDL
Learn the difference, faggot.

>i'm still a fucking idiot who thinks all cholesterol is bad

Educate yourself

I used to hate scrambled eggs, saw his way and tried it, and now its my favourite way to have eggs, I think you're just bad. If theyre undercooked, just cook them a bit longer, not that hard bruh

>Michelin meme again

Kill yourself

I've done them a few times. I followed the video closely at first, but now make them to for my own tastes. What I took away:
>i always have to cook the eggs so they're less runny than when he adds the sour creme
>i have to cook them a little bit after adding it because the eggs get too runny
>i do take the pan on and off the heat, but now not as often as he does. haven't noticed a difference
>the egg is a bitch to clean up and clings to the pan forever, from the first time I've done it to the last
>7/10 eggs

Made that exact meal and the best part was the mushrooms, by far. Tomatoes were kinda shit and got all their flavor from cooking with the mushrooms. Could be replaced.

You had shit tomatoes then. Good tomatoes have a very sweet and umami flavour when fried or roasted.

Out of curiosity, have you eaten at many Michelin starred restaurants?

see

You realize he's acting in those shows? Appealing to the needs of the local audience and pulling in money? Much smarter than any of us most likely.