So last Sunday, my church was having communion...

So last Sunday, my church was having communion, when I noticed that they changed the wafers from the typical hard crackers to a softer and sweeter bread. It tasted like it had honey in it, and got me craving some type of sweet bread made with honey. You guys got any ideas? Should I make it unleavened, or make it like a traditional bread?

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/tsoureki-greek-easter-sweet-bread-87775
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>church

You know you have to be at least 18 to post here, right?

>Transubstantiation (in Latin, transsubstantiatio, in Greek μετουσίωσις metousiosis) is, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church, the change of substance by which the bread and the wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the Body and Blood of Jesus

lmao

try a soda bread made with buttermilk or yogurt and honey

i have no idea what your bread was it could be anything

first you eat the body of your god, and later you shit and piss it.

You're telling me that you believe that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers and you proceed to just eat the man?

>i still think mocking religion is edgy
Calling someone underage isn't going to convince us you're old enough to post here.

Did they switch from unleavened to leavened bread? That seems... odd. You must be in some kind of namby-pamby eeeeevangelical church.

>You're telling me
>You

no, but OP apparently believes that.

Roman Catholic here, we had leavened bread

i used to go to a greek orthodox church that just handed out cubes of ciabatta

Eastern Rite? Because I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use unleavened in the RCC.

That sounds like some delicious godflesh.

No just regular old RC

Our priest was a mega hippie and was often at odds with the diocese, fwiw

Man, that shit pisses me off. I'm not religious myself, but I figure if you're going to do it, at least take it seriously. Religious liberals annoy me almost as much as trilby-tipping New Atheists.

A thread about sweet bread turns into edge lords bashing religion in one post. Summer is here.

So basically only fire and brimstone old testament types are ok in your book?

You realize that is mostly a 19th c frontier thing

I don't see you posting any recipes. Or are you just waiting for someone to respond to your 12 "'go 'za" threads?

>So basically only fire and brimstone old testament types are ok in your book?
You do realize that...
>You realize that is mostly a 19th c frontier thing
Oh wait, you do. Well, that was a quick conversation. I have no idea why you even felt the need to post this, or what your point is. Now let's get back on topic, shall we?

>a thread about sweet bread

If that's what this was OP never would have brought up church stuff in the first place; he derailed his own thread before it got started, assuming that wasn't his intention.

>If that's what this was OP never would have brought up church stuff in the first place

oh fuck off. simply mentioning that you experienced something in the context of a church service should not signal a desire to debate the merits of a theistic life.

In orthodox churches we always receive a piece of bread rather than a wafer, and spoonful of sweet wine.
Sweet bread is usually reserved for holidays, i suggest giving it a try
food.com/recipe/tsoureki-greek-easter-sweet-bread-87775

>go to local Jewish bakery
>place is packed
>hold up loaf of bread
>ask very loud, "What's this Challah cost that everybody is raving about?"
>place goes deadly silent
>clerk yells out $3.95
>everybody start talking again
>pay for bread and come home
>eat bread with Mom's homemade jam
>cry myself to sleep that night

Well, you kind of implied a general hatred of and a supposed connection between ecumenical beliefs, liturgical heterodoxy, and liberal theology, reality is a bit more complicated than that

>"If that's what this was OP never would have brought up church stuff in the first place"
>giving context to help people understand what kind of bread he's talking about (i.e. unleavened, type of communion wafer)

Your wafers are HARD?

Ours are paper-thin and vaguely sweet.

>"op here, i'm a 17 year old pregnant girl, please tell me the best recipe for peanut butter and pickles"
>"all those details were just for context btw, and surely wont detract from my question"

yes because being a 17 year old pregnant girl and going to church are equivalently provocative/controversial.

Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender when visiting Veeky Forums

>communion on a first sunday
You're LDS, aren't you?

It was probably on sale cheaper than the typical, is all. I used to work for a branch president as a personal cook and food shopper. He'd ask me to get a loaf of cheap bread for First Sunday services, too. Usually, that was something white and horrible, like Wonderbread, but from time to time, something else was cheaper, like honey wheat or something. The first time he asked me to pick up a loaf, I asked him about the whole storebought bread as communion thing. He told me that the bread itself doesn't matter and it could be crackers or any other baked dough product. The point was that it was in memory of Christ.

Anyway, if you're LDS, why not just ask the branch president or elders?

If not, telling us to what particular church you belong can help me figure out what bread you had.

Also, if it's soft, it's probably leavened and conditioned, so look for "honey white" recipes that have dough conditioner in the ingredients list.

The fact that OP is eating something that seems like storebought bread as communion leaves me to believe that it's unlikely he's Catholic and most likely he's Mormon.

I forgot to mention that I'm a single white girl, and that the father is most like black.

You know that, according to Catholic doctrine, there is nothing special about the bread until the rites? It's just bread. It can, in principle, come from a plastic bag of wonder bread, although it normally is wafers bought from a vendor that specializes in that sort of thing

Right. Which is why I said "unlikely he's Catholic" and not "there is no way in any universe of all possible universes that this guy who is being administered storebought bread as communion sacrament could ever in any way ever be Catholic, ever."
Huge difference there, buddy boy.

Also, I remembered after hitting 'post' that Methodists do first Sunday sacraments, too, so he might not even be Mormon. Or even a 'he' for that matter.

Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender while visiting Veeky Forums. Although you may not be aware of this (although I think you are), many people posting on Veeky Forums are not in an intimate relationship.

Therefore, referring to your femininity can be highly offensive to others, as they visit Veeky Forums to have fun and intellectual discourse, not to be reminded of their shortcomings (as perceived by society).

I hope you remember this in the future and refrain from using any key words that can be used as gender identifiers. It really is not that much to ask and will prevent threads from degenerating into flame/troll disasters.

Some of us also choose to be single and our virginity is not a badge of shame. The inherent superficial and highly opportunistic behavior of women is not attractive to every male, and therefore we do not have to be constantly reminded of your kind while on Veeky Forums. It is not necessary and can be considered, "attention whoring" (a very just term).

Thank you very much,

- Veeky Forums

was it good?

is it just me or do communion wafers taste like the skin of a steamed bun?

Grow up and understand that some people find value in religion.

Look at this goy

BIG words for someone with a itty bitty dick

your priest is an elf and is serving lembas. ask him for the recipe in Elvish and he'll probably give it to you

Lutherans can use either or.

If you can get an oven hot enough you could make Pashwari nan bread.
Some desiccated Coconut and honey and raisins

t. enlightened grand wizard