I'm currently in Chicago for the food. What should I eat first? Open to any suggestions

I'm currently in Chicago for the food. What should I eat first? Open to any suggestions.

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

theberghoff.com/
portillos.com/all-menus/
loumalnatis.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=gzZ_RClXsI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chicago is a big place. Where are you staying? Do you have a car?

I'm at Lakeview with a rental car.

they make an interesting type of tomato soup casserole encased in a sort of leavened grain and filled with cheese. it's worth a try 2bh

Molly's Cupcakes (get the Ron Bennington)
Kuma's Corner

Did somebody say 'go 'za thread?

>Lakeview

>faggot goes to boi's town.

go fuck yourself
okay, continuing this post because fuck this guy
The best deep dish that you would be able to get to easily is Lou Malnati's. Get the sausage or the spinach.
If you head south a little ways, go to Zorba's for Greek food, and Jim's Original for a Maxwell Street Polish (the original, although they've moved to Union)
You gotta get some Harold's fried chicken. They put the sauce on the chicken or fish or whatever you get, and it's great.
None of this food is good for you, and they're all best after some booze or weed.

Try some 'go 'yle 'ili

>tfw the person you love lives in chicago
>tfw you loved going to chicago with them
>tfw you'll never see them again and have no reason to ever go to chicago again
thx for triggering me op

I'm a fan of the Chicago-style hamburger. It can be a bit messy to eat, but a 'go'ger done right is a unique experience.

>user asks for advice
>you meme all over him
You don't belong on this board.

go to Gigios pizzeria

it's in the most run-down part of the north side but the thin crust is pretty good last time I ate there

No trip to 'o is complete without indulging in a saucy, gooey ' '.Go to Giordano's, their deep dish 'za stuffed with another deep dish 'za is divine.

>I'm currently in Chicago for the food. What should I eat first? Open to any suggestions.
When I am in town, I try to hit this favorite list completely, if I have time from new or hipster choices of family/friends.

Berghoff (all the classics, all the menu) theberghoff.com/
Portillos (garbage salad, combo beef sausage with hot peppers, chicago dog) portillos.com/all-menus/
Lou Malnati's and this is easy because they deliver everywhere you might be, get the special Malnati version of homemade italian sausage for the full flavor experience. loumalnatis.com/
Gale Street Inn for the ribs.
Several irish pubs to get a Boxty craving handled, which my home city doesn't seem to do AT ALL at any pub.

Gibsons Steakhouse for special nights or a special drink...
Maybe a Bayliss joint if I want some craving settled for an unusual mexican ingredient you don't get a favorite home city's dive taqueria like say Huitlacoche or an authentic mole that isn't coming out of a jar, but have to plan for a RSVP, always full!
My city does have great pho and good chinese food, but none seem to have good dimsum, so I might go to do a brunch that features it.

I'm not shitposting here, but you should legitimately go to one of the classic places for the food item that doesn't need to be said.

There is really only one truly good dish in chitown.

Go to Shaw's for happy hour oysters.

Thin crust? Then it ain't authentic 'go style 'za.

'go style 'za is a tourist scam. Chicagoans don't eat that shit regularly. I've lived in the city all my life and I've only had it once or twice.

>chicagoans who act like deep dish doesn't taste good
I understand that deep dish is touristy but the local people who act like its shitty should all kill themselves. Its the fake over reaction to deep dish that drives me over the edge.

It's just ingrained oppression from the pizziarchy.

drives you over the edge? you gonna hurt someone or commit a felonious act over some gay ass tomato soup 'za?

fucking 'got 'ay 'ss 'itch

Reminder that 'go'za is a confirmed nu-male meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=gzZ_RClXsI8

OK fake chifag. IMMA real born and breed chitownite and I eat the double D twice a week.

>I eat the double D twice a week.

'go style fellatio--a classic dessert

Bullets.

Nothing beats a 'lian 'ef 'wich from Al's

I lived in Lakeview! I think I prefer Nancy's pizza, but Lou's is good too. Haven't tried Gino's East yet.

Crisp has good Korean (best bimbambop personally), but it's always packed. Bobtail has good icecream. The Florentine is the only pizza I've had at Mista and for good reason.

The best Chicago Dog I've personally had is at Gold Coast Dogs. Portillos was good, but I preferred Gold Coast Dogs. Don't eat Clark St. Dogs, it was shit. I haven't had Wiener's Circle but you can go if you want to say that you went.

If you haven't tried Shake Shack please do that. Eataly is good too if you want (expensive) Italian. You can find both of these places in other big cities (depending) so if you can't get them near you then I would consider trying.

Obligatory-tier is Garrett's popcorn, obviously you have to get the Garrett mix of Cheese and Caramel.

I enjoy Do Rite donuts, Stan's is good too.

You have to try Intellegentsia coffee. Have to. Please. There's one across from the cultural center.

>bimbambop
Fucking triggered m8

>Gigios pizzeria
>Gigios
>gigo
>go
>Pizzeria
>zzeria
>zera
>za
>'go 'za

I see you sneaky shitposter

Andy's Thai Kitchen is a great Thai restaurant. And since you're in Lakeview, it will be in walking distance from any of the 3 hotels located in that neighborhood.

Get yourself to the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co. and treat yourself to one of their unique pizza pies

Parachute
De Quay
Fat Rice
Xoco
Trenchermen
Au Cheval

>eats at Crisp
>doesn't get a 6 piece with Seoul Sassy sauce

wtf

you should try some of their pizza

pic related, authentic Chic'Pi'

don't leave the 'go without trying their 'za

The balloons at alinea are delicious

I'm from Chicago and will have deep dish once every 2-3 months.

A scam is when you get nothing or little for money, which isn't present here. When you order deep dish, you pay a reasonable amount and get a pizza in return. That's not a scam.

A tourist scam is paying $22 to go up to the Skydeck. A tourist's scam is $15 for a shot glass that says Chicago.

Deep dish isn't a "scam" just because you personally never eat it.

meant for

Billy goats

Mah niggah

I used to live around there too. You've got some good eat's around there.
Rock's (Burgers)
Stella's diner
Crisp (Korean Fried Chicken)
Flub a Dub Chubs (Hotdogs and Burgers.)
Chicken Hut,
Wrigley BBQ
Cheesie's by the Belmont Redline stop.
Renaldi's (Pizza)
Sappori Trattoria (High-end Italian)
Aloha Eats (Hawaiian Asian stuff. Kickass Katsu)

Pretty much all these places are on Broadway. North of Fullerton, south of Wrigley Field.

Don't bother going to Ann Sather's for anything other than their meme cinnamon rolls. The breakfast food is too expensive and sub-par.

If you like Gyros and are near UIC/Greektown, go to Zeus Restaurant on Jackson and Halsted (it's a few meters down from that Mr. Gyros). Their gyro meat is really juicy and they cut you nice, long thick strips (much better than Hubs).

Just the gyro though. Everything else is OK (although I do like the cheese fries from there) .

But I guess if you were in Greektown, you'd want to go to the other restaurants (like the one with a fucking waterfall in the inner outdoor seating area) !

some alternatives, depending on where your hotel is:
instead of sappori trattoria, go to angelina ristorante. i have been to both (one saporri, 3 times angeline). they are both in the same price range, but i think the food at angelina is a bit better in both food and ambiance. the best italian place i have been to in the area is rose angelis.

as for rocks. why? revolucion is right across the street. it's a mexican steakhouse, while rocks is a glorified over-priced bar that sells burgers. the options besides steak at revolucion are great, and it's not even that pricey for a steakhouse. do not confuse it for the shitty mexican place across the street, though. that shitty one has a grubhub sign and it sucks.

btw the reason i did not recommend rose angelis first is cause it's an annoyance to get to, especially from any lakeview hotel.

>bimbambop

I laughed so loud I woke the house up. Fuck you

>bimbambop
skibbeddydibbedydobopwop

>Chicken Hut

I pass this place all the time, It looks so depressing inside but there are always customers. Honestly how would you rate it? What's the best thing to order and why? I am seriously considering checking it out one day.

what makes crisp better than del seoul?

If you're still there check out Buffalo Joe's, it's on the far north side and in some suburbs. Get the bacon cheeseburger and cheese fries.