Are burgers and sandwiches the same meal but the ingredients are prepared differently?

Are burgers and sandwiches the same meal but the ingredients are prepared differently?
They are both meat in between bread with vegetables.

yes Burger== Sandwich

then why not call both a sandwich why the addition of the name burger?

Because subcategories are a thing that exist. Why do you call it a motorcycle instead of a vehicle? They're the same thing, right?

A burger is not a sandwich.

The difference between them is a burger is a bread roll and a sandwich is between two slices of bread.

Americans will disagree with me because they are high on HFCS but I don't care.

What do I call a sandwich on a roll?

A burger obviously, didn't you hear the superior non-american?

We call it "a roll"

Such as, when I go to the Cafe near my office and look in the display, I will say "can I please have that chicken and salad roll?"

Sandwich = between bread

A burger is either a chicken or beef patty in a toasted bun with salad.

Patty being the key word there. If it's shredded chicken it's not a burger.

Some wanky places here recently have started doing pulled pork Burgers, and that's acceptable because they are served like a burger with chips and salad.

But rolls are a kind of bread.

I know. Grits are a kind of corn. HFCS is a kind of corn.

We call things differently m8

Rolls aren't made of bread, they are bread. They're a part of the category. You're making arbitrary distinctions based on the inconsistent and hypocritical experiences you're most familiar with.

why would you be so autismal as to worry about the classification of burgers vs sandwiches?

because it's importaint

Do you not get what a sub category is?

And you're not?

My rules have internal consistency. You've already openly admitted to making exceptions because something is served in a similar fashion.

Because it's important

Roll's are bad of bread, bread is made of the same ingredients. Flour, yeast, water, etc.

Ayy my man

Of course he is. Fucking seppos.

hot dog is a sanwich too...

i don't understand buns... it's the worst bread ever... sweet, without taste, without consistency, when soggy fall apart, and you are still hungry after eating it...

and btw...I don't understand why Americans cut off the crust from toast bread and eat it without been toasted!

The problem here is clearly that English isn't your first language, and you can't seem to figure out how it works.

I use regular bread for burgers and dogs

If the bread is toasted, it's a sandwich.

b-but it's not a burger then !!! heresies

but isn't that what the op is saying they are the same thing I guess I should call it an angus beef sandwich then

Ha ha great post my friend

It's really obvious bro, bone up some more before you post.

why is the chicken brger a burger instead of a fried chicken sandwich?

A burger of any kind is a patty formed from ground meat served on bread. Chicken burgers are patties formed from ground chicken. It's pretty simple.

A burger is a sandwich

so is a hot dog

a pizza is a pie

broth is a beverage

cereal is a type of soup

corn is a type of flower

I think I'll dispute you on cereal and corn.

Yep. If it's a ground patty it's a chicken burger. If it's a continuous piece of chicken then it would be a sandwich.

Fucking. Wrong.