What is the most useful tool in a professional kitchen in your opinion

What is the most useful tool in a professional kitchen in your opinion.
Personally I'd take a tilt skillet if I had a choice of one piece of equipment It's so versital. Soups searing Shit even storage at the end of night

a stove

my dick....wait for it.

Probably the convection oven? Or the walk-in? Or the grill?

If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with the oven-stove-salamander-flattop combo.

Or did you mean stuff that isn't appliances? In that case the answer is obviously the chef's knife, because that's used in practically everything.

My hands

No like heavy equipment

Plastic Cambro pans.

Durable, stackable and extremely versatile

Air.

Is this what we were supposed to be waiting for?

a private chef to cook whatever the fuck he pleases while he uses your visa to buy groceries for himself and fucks your girlfriend while your in the backyard playing in the pool with your Australian cattle dog.

No I'm OP

It obviously is going to depend on the kind of place it is and what they make.

The things I used the most at my last restaurant job would probably be the burr mixer, the robot coupe, the meat slicer, and the industrial sized dough mixer.

I mostly made soups, sauces, and dressings, which is why I'd put the burr mixer first, but overall the robot coupe is probably one of the most versatile beasts to be found in the kitchen.

>what we were supposed to be waiting for?

it's more of a figure of speach then actual instructions you fucking sheep.

>makes a joke by putting together two unrelated posts
>you fucking sheep!

Summer is in full swing.

I wish I had an industrial fryer so I could make tendies whenever I wanted.

wtf is a robot coupe?

>what is a search engine

if you're fortunate enough to have one, a combi. combination oven/steamer can do either, or both at once, can be programmed for multi stage cooking, has built in thermal probe so can be programmed to cook to an exact internal temperature

microwave

The cutting board I'd say. Can't do shit without it. That or the brain that everybody fucking seems to lack..or the broom because the floors are never clean. Or a fucking rag.

yeah, rags are the best.

MUH FUCKIN TONGS

>seriously
>take my tongs away, you're a dead man

the chef.

click three times to be sure they work, any more than that and you're a crab

industrial food processor pronounced robo-coo.

Flat top.
I can cook pretty much anything on it.

Cutting board

obviusly you dont want and answer like oven or grill so i'll give you a serious answer. robot coupe, saves so much time, does everything you need it to

>versital

I'm totally on board with this.
Plop the veal bones in before you go... next morning veal stock.
So fucking important in the prep kitchen right now.
When I put it in, the prep cooks were scared of it. Now I doubt they could live without it.
Everything.

I worked at a place where I had to make a quart (or something) of risotto and every cooking implement was being used. Had to keep it in the corner of the tilt skillet... it was stupid. Worked though.

What scale are we talking about? What sort of food are they doing? Someone who caters large events every other day and someone who has a 30 seat lunch spot are going to have very different ideas about what's useful. I'd probably say Robocoup is going to rank pretty high everywhere. As mentions combi-ovens are super useful but they don't really do anything unique, instead doing a bunch of things at an above average level. Some kind of stand mixer seems like another go to, from KitchenAid all the way up to a Universal depending on your needs.

Muh tilt skillet is a meme

>Not knowing how to slice an onion
>I didn't take the b8 I am referring to the stupidity of this device
>I hate myself

T O W E L S
O
W
E
L
S

hehe
cheer up bud :p

inb4 unitaskers

Walk in or a flat top

>tfw exec only lets us have 3 towels a day

Thank you

A dishwasher

That's all I allow my cooks. You only need one for your board, one for your bucket and one for your shoulder/pocket. Sucks running out of towels come Sunday because some jackass can't keep track of where his are and just keeps grabbing new ones.

Looks like every single dishwasher Ive ever dealt with down to the sarcastic shirt.

A good dishwasher who's beta. They'll do anything you fucking tell them to.

don't bully the dishwasher

fucking this hate not having rags, also think about how much money that would save over the course of a year

Beta dishwasher here.
Pretty much yeah that's me. I even care about cleandlyness. I wont let anyone boss me around when it comes to hand-washing and proper food safety but I'm basically the cook's fucktoy if fucking is jobs no one wants to do.

The best dog.

You don't wipe down your station and dry it at the end of every shitf?

Depending on the size of the station and any work tables/counters/veg sinks you might also wipe down that's easily 3 towels right there.

Probably a mandolin for me

I'm a complete idiot, is she cooking pasta in a cheese wheel?

Yes, that is a wheel of parmigiano reggiano.
usually around $1000-$2000 or more

honestly coke or meth imo

A tilt skillet can be used for a flattop as well

Fuck you!!! I make a fucking mess sometimes and those God damn brown paper towels don't fucking cut it!

Adderal works just fine. I hate doing coke at work, you have to leave the line every half hour for another rail and everyone start getting mad. I used to take Roxie's at work and it was perfect

I expect every member of my crew to do exactly what I tell them to. It keeps them from being held accountable to the owners.. If they do what they're told then I am the only one responsible for any issues that might arise and it leaves me answerable to the powers that be. I am chef and I don't expect that to be appreciated by any of them even though I hold them in the highest esteem right down to my dish dogs.

I expect every member of my crew to do exactly what I tell them to. It keeps them from being held accountable to the owners.. If they do what they're told then I am the only one responsible for any issues that might arise and it leaves me answerable to the powers that be. I am chef and I don't expect that to be appreciated by any of them even though I hold them in the highest regard all the way down to my dish dogs.

Its been a long time since I was a closer. A metal scrubby run across the line and then a dry towel to mop up the soap is entirely acceptable. I was only referring to cook to service ratio. I don't mind paying people to clean.

Use your service towel and learn to not thrash on the line, you can actually work fast and clean(ish) it's mostly a matter of being aware. When in doubt, take a moment, step back and sweep the line. Those twenty seconds brings clarity, if you're looking.