It takes 10 years of samurai training to learn to put a slice of raw fish on a clump of rice

>it takes 10 years of samurai training to learn to put a slice of raw fish on a clump of rice

Is sushi a meme food?

Yes, but its the only decent meme food (and humans aren't even capable of tasting it)

yes and it's a fucking disgusting one.

Yes, but it's a mediocre meme food.

You are mistaken. Any idiot from Mexico can put a piece of fish on a clump of rice.

It takes 10 years of samurai training to become a samurai at putting pieces of fish on clumps of rice. 10 years after that you might be able to become a ninja at putting pieces of fish on clumps of rice.

I can't wait until we get over this meme of calling every single thing we don't like a meme.

Seriously though half the people who eat sushi don't even like it. They're just white girls who think posting pictures of it on instagram will make them look "cultured"

>humans aren't even capable of tasting it
Please explain this statement.

I happen to like salmon nigiri.

Humans don't have the olfactory receptors required to properly taste raw meat in the same way we taste starches and sugars and whatnot.

I like sushi too, but even I can admit that the only thing I taste when I eat it is the satisfaction of knowing I'm not a poorfag who can't afford such a luxury.

>Humans don't have the olfactory receptors required to properly taste raw meat in the same way we taste starches and sugars and whatnot.
Then why do people pretend to like rare steak? Is that a meme too?

I wonder if that has anything to do with cooking meat for thousands of years? I prefer other meat less cooked than most. Wonder if that's genetic...

>sushi
>luxury
wat?
where do you live? sushi is dirt cheap

Ummm no, some is cheap. Some places are $9 to 30 per roll. $5 for two pieces of nigiri.

Anyone ever been to Umi in Atlanta?

As for the 10 years thing, that's mostly for people who want to go pro or the Japs. You can learn how to make nigiri and such at home with a few hours of practice. However, if you want to be a pro sushi chef, those 10 years carry a lot of cred, and there is a very noticeable difference between experienced pros and amateur sushi chefs.

As a meme food, Sushi is trendy as fuck right now, but it's generally pretty good. I'm fond of pickled mackerel, but sunomono salads and veggie rolls are fucking delicious too.

Homemade sushi. Am I am samurai now, CK?

sushi is for tryhard faggots and wannabe memers

diarrhea on a plate: the post

This. I could never eat a meme food like sushi. What if someone were to see me?

Colorado

>East coast loser
Oh that explains it

>Hurr durr I have no criticism so I'm just gonna shitpost.

>criticizing food through a picture
>implying that looks appetizing

This thread needs more actually good looking sushi.

looks terrible, but i'd still eat it

I like every single food I've tried except for a strip of seaweed for sushi rolls.

I would like to try sushi because I like fish, but I can't stand that horrible seaweed. Is there an alternative?

nigiri, you dumbass.

Just because you're too fucking stupid to under the concept of calling items memes, doesn't mean you can reduce it your shit tier, retarded "things we don't like" reasoning

looks disgusting and crafted with a bad form

Absolutely. It was considered peasant food before the West found out about it.

hot head alert

naw, prefectly cooked steak is medium-rare, there isn't MORE flavour when you over cook a steak, but more water when undercooked, so..

>Authentic Japanese cuisine is CHEAP all over the world, where fresh fish is ALWAYS available in plenty.

Yeah, DO YOU LIVE IN A CAVE?

>memelord detected

>you will never eat authentic nippon sushi that has been folded over 1000 times

>ball of rice
>sliver of fish
>that will be 13.99 sir

sushi is the ultimate meme food, just behind bacon and nutella

YES, EVERYTHING POPULAR IS A MEME, THATS THE JOKE

aburi salmon nigiri is my favourite