Hey cu/ck/s, where were you when you had the best beer you've ever tried? What was it?

Hey cu/ck/s, where were you when you had the best beer you've ever tried? What was it?

Most hyped? I guess I was at that brewery in California where they make the Pliny. It was very good but I was a little too buzzed to enjoy it

Most enjoyed? I guess probably Surly in Minneapolis. But that could be because my palate wasn't as confused as when i had the Pliny after a day of wine tasting

Vermont. Heady Topper.

that brand is way too expensive for what it is in america

Bell's Two Hearted is the best macrobrew I've had. I'm sure there's other shit I've tried but it remains the most reliable thing I can grab at most convenience stores

I was on the top bunk of a bunk bed in a freshman dorm with 5 other people watching the mummy on a laptop. Everyone feel asleep except for me and the solid 7 who was flashing me fuck eyes all evening. I put my fingers in her

You mad pinkos and queers?

if only they could make the actual beer inside the can great. not again, though, because it was never great.

Augsberg, Germany.

Stopped at a local restaurant to grab a bite to eat while transporting some dude to jail.

Had a dunkleweizen with the meal, and it was the best damn beer I'd ever had.

Tried to find some in other areas in Germany, but nobody sold it, then I forgot the name of the shit.

About 2 months ago, my dad decided to take me shooting because he saw me playing CSGO and assumed I was into guns. I was terrified at first but a bunch of guys on /k/ told me to stop being a pussy and bond with my dad.
It was great, and my dad looked proud of me for the first time in my life. Afterwards, we stopped at this local sports bar and I had some sort of local stout. That was the best beer I ever had.

In my shitty chair in my shitty house probably getting high and watching cartoons with my housemate.

I think my favorite is probably the uncommon stout, which I had when I was in Iowa. I like coffee stouts in general, and this one was really good

I was in that thread
good going, /k/id

Probably this one. It was the previous recipe at 18.2% ABV. They have since made it slightly weaker and from what I heard the taste less intense.
It's currently 16.6%. I haven't had it and don't plan to... I prefer to keep my fond memory of the old batch intact.

This or Caractere Rouge.

At home, playing video games and probably scratching my balls.

I've had Hitachino and some other "craft" Japanese beers in Aus. Went to japan and there's literally nothing you can find besides Asahi & Sapporo. Best overseas beer experience I've unironically had was in the US. No shit they have a great brewing scene , along with a load of crap you can easily ignore.

There was never any irony in the simple fact that America has either the best microbrew beers or is a tie with Belgium. I don't know what rock those who still denies it live under but I guess it's somewhere in Germany.

Orld world countries are different in that they don't have the macro/micro brew dichotomy of places like the US/Canada/Aus.

>Hey cu/ck/s
Hello, co/ck/ su/ck/er mother fu/ck/er. The best beer I've ever had in my life was from The Brewery on Main street, in Fredericksburg, Texas.

I know.. I actually meant beer in general but of course it's also a fact that US macro suck balls. But you're correct only those countries that needed a craft beer revolution in the first place created that dichotomy. Britain and Belgium didn't. Germany sort of did but didn't know it.

> Tfw only one store in my town sells Bells Two Hearted Ale

> Tfw I bought a 6-pack every week
> Tfw they stopped selling it because nobody else was buying it
> No more craft beer I like there
Kill me user

Texas, Saint Arnold's Endeavor.
That or Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.

Anyone have any recommendations for a citrus or grapefruit beer that they enjoy?

Eh, the benefit to US Macro is that the backlash led to the US being the world leader for good beer. Took longer than it should have, but you have to admit we caught the fuck up.

Citradelic, Pineapple Sculpin, Passionfruit Kicker, Victory's Agave & Grapefruit if you can still find it. I have no clue what you get in Texas (assuming you're there) but those are all from large breweries that should distribute there.

Also try Cedar Creek's Dankosaurus since they're from Texas, it's one of the best beers I've ever had, funky as hell and resinous, just like nasty dank shit mixed with smelly cheese. It's beautiful.

Britain surely has a craft beer movement, and they definitely needed it

Belgium is really the only country that can legitimately claim it didn't need craft beer

Haven't experienced much craft beer, but I really fucking love Fin Du Monde and Baron. Fin is 9% and basically a 40 of craft beer, Baron is rad Euro dark.

I was at the same bar that has my favorite wings. Tried a beer with a high ABV from the list. I have yet to find something I like more than Gulden Draak

You had me at Dankosauru. I've tried the pineapple one and liked it. I'm going to see which those beers I can hunt down here. It's Houston, it shouldn't be too hard.

One of the first craft beers I had. I remember first getting Hitachino White Ale about a decade ago in college and bottles were 4+ dollars, fucking insane. I'll still buy a case of it every year or so.

def. agreed
I like it a lot but not $15 a 4 pack like it

The bar was called t'Brugse Beertje in Bruges. The beer was a local unsweetened cherry lambic called Boon Marriage Parfait Kriek.

After a day of wandering around being kind of annoyed by just what a tourist trap that town is it was great to find a really good bar with an amazing local brew that was unlike anything I'd ever had before. Left me much more positively disposed toward Bruges.