Let's talk about vegan and vegetarian cooking recipes

Let's talk about vegan and vegetarian cooking recipes.
>Ingredients
>Portions
>Preparation
>Cost

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8S84qtzQA
sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/
blogs.mcgill.ca/oss/2013/10/15/dr-michael-greger-what-do-we-make-of-him/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anything involving tofu is an instant win

>2016
>limiting your diet without medical need

kek

Just read a book called How Not To Die by Dr. Michael Greger. Aggressively pushes plant-based diet, filled with studies showing vegan/vegetarians are a lot healthier when it comes to chronic illnesses (obesity, blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, etc.) to the point that they lived longer and had better quality of life until the end.
That count as medical need?

literally no.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8S84qtzQA

I make this cheap ass sandwhich a couple times a week. I get my bread spread it with spicy hummus and then load it up with about 1/4 of a large cucumber, sliced. it's so good and would come out to be less than 70 cents per sandwhich

this dude is 43 years old? he looks like shit. i would have said he's at least 50. i wouldn't take dietary advice from him.

sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/
blogs.mcgill.ca/oss/2013/10/15/dr-michael-greger-what-do-we-make-of-him/

the data and sources he uses to back his claims is up wonky, he cherry picks evidence, exaggerates and sometimes even uses faulty studies to back his claim up

while i very much believe there is truth to a lot of what he's saying so would i advice anyone to take everything he says with a fairly large amount of salt. (also, generally, people with such a clear agenda should always be handled as such)

let's not, dick sucker.

Can 'go 'za be vegetarian?

I do the same, but with sliced apples and red peppers on top of the cucumber

This fat autistic fuck is the best advert you could show me in favour of veganism

Why does nobody know how to brown mushrooms properly?

I'm going to let you guys have your own thread, but daily reminder that eating meat is not wrong and in fact is good.

Isn't that the pretentious ass nutritionist that did a youtube video/interview with that vegan chick while he walked on a treadmill during said interview to prove how healthy he is?

Being a MD will do that to anyone.

>eat foods without the nutritious bits removed
What could go wrong?

Shilltarian extremist

You're subsidizing animal agriculture every time you buy soymilk products. The resulting okara becomes cheap animal feed. It's also less nutritious than whole soy foods such as edamame, tempeh, and natto.

Just transitioning back to vegan from being vegetarian for about a year. feelsgoodman.jpg

One of my favorite recipes is one that I adapted from a dish I had at a festival. It's been my dinner all week.

>rice (cooked the day before so it dries out nicely)
>almonds
>dried cranberries
>hemp seed
>curry power
>bell pepper
>onion
>tomatoes
>lettuce

I saute the onions and bell peppers in a pan, and while doing that, I fry up the rice with curry powder in another, and after the rice is all flavored, I add the cranberries, almonds, and hemp seeds and take it off the heat.

Then I just serve the rice mix over lettuce and diced tomatoes, and mix in the sauteed veggies. It's pretty good, light meal.

Picture?

You're subsidizing agriculture via taxes even if you don't buy a single soy product.

Seems good.
Show us a picture!