I live in asia, but fell in love with american hot sauces after being gifted some of them...

I live in asia, but fell in love with american hot sauces after being gifted some of them, one of which included pic related.

I'm going to order some off of amazon, and wanted some recommendations from you guys. I want something hotter than tabasco/sriracha bullshit, but nothing too extreme.

American here.

Never heard of the brand you posted, but it should be easy enough to find one that fits your requirements. Many hot sauce sites list the sauces ranked in order of heat rating (aka scoville units).

I'll share a few of my favorites. Just got this yesterday. good heat/flavor ratio.

Not very hot at all but goes really good on eggs.

This right here is amazing. Lots of flavor, but not too hot for being habanero. Plus it has a little more texture than most hot sauces.

This was a little hotter than I expected it to be. Kind of a sweet after taste I really like.

Best sauce right here, but expensive to buy on Amazon considering how fast you'll go through it.

This has pretty much replace the "racha" in my city. All the local places have it on the table. It goes so quick in my house we are considering getting by the case...

I've had Dave's insanity around since I was a child. I use it when I need the heat.

The green one is really good.

I wish theyd have just one size larger. I can find it at the fancy grocery stores near me, but I can go through one of those bottles in a week EASY.

But, OP, seriously. Think theyre 4.99 on Amazon, do it.

this guy is pretty good on stuff.

This is my favorite hot sauce, it has a lot of flavor. It's pretty expensive on Amazon compared to what I paid in the store though.

Gator Hammock is my absolute favorite general purpose hot sauce.

>memesauce

This is also an acceptable answer, if Gator Hammock cannot be found.

Goose brand Extra hot(red cap)
Tabasco Habanero (If you like the 'nero ,which I dont)

Goose brand xtra hot is bretty good

>I want something hotter than tabasco/sriracha

u
FUCKED
UP

Upvoted :)

>Melinda's ghost pepper sauce

My nigga

how did this get so popular? looks like some cheap flea-market thing

I know some people will cry foul on this, and I'm not saying it's the best hot sauce even listed ITT, but Crystal's Hot Sauce is a damn fine American utility sauce

Theres so many interesting looking sauces here.

I'm going to start with the ones I can find on Amazon

Because it tastes good.

This is correct. I use the red one quite often and like the xxxtra hot one on tacos/fajitas. Haven't tried the other 2 though

insanity is a bit much for me, but I really enjoyed the flavor of the crazy Caribbean. It had a really good taste and wasn't just pure heat

What does the heat level of this compare to? Im interested to try it since everyone says it's good on eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast. I like a decent bit of heat but not too much

Dave's after death sauce is VERY hot but god

If you like heat, and want to try something delicous, let me recommend something different.

Order some Habanero stuffed green olives off of Amazon. It soesnt matter what brand; I've yet to find one I didn't like. The habanero makes it hot, but it's not as hot as eating the pepper straight. Even if you don't ordinarily like green olives, I promise you the taste is different enough that you'll enjoy it.

Eat it by itself or with your meal. I'll seriously fucking order it for you and send it to you if you don't want to spend money on it.

My nigga. This was the first hot sauce I ever had, when I was 7. My dad gave it to me as a joke, but it started a life-long love affair with heat.

I love it, definitely a go to, not very hot though.

Central Texas here. I saw these all the time as a kid but now I hardly see them anymore.

Veeky Forums level with me. Is there any point in a sauce being hot after a certain point? Every hot sauce I've tried has not had a particularly compelling flavor beyond the heat. Is seeking out hotter and hotter and more and more complex hot sauces the opiate of people who are bored with life and seek out pain just to feel something?

No, some people just really like heat. I eat a habanero pepper with most of my meals. It's nice.

Be honest with me, man. Have your tastebuds been ravaged by your poor gustatory decisions? Do you actively seek out pain while eating? Do you feel it rounds out a meal to have sweet, savory, salty, vinegary, and outright scorching heat? What do you find nice about that?

It started off as manly bullshit to show off, and turned into a hobby, which turned into an acquired taste.

I still enjoy simple flavors like hummus and celery for a snack, but once you get past the "ohemgee this pepper is too hawt, my vagina burns" mentality, you'll find that being able to handle spicier foods is extremely beneficial.

Beneficial how? Socially?

They're good for digestion and in regulating your cardiovascular system. Plus, they're a good stress reliever and a source of pain relief.

There's a reason people eat spicy stuff, and contrary to your beliefs, it's not just "lol look what I can do guys".

When did I ever say I had those beliefs? I love spicy foods personally, and I guess I'm just wondering why meme hot sauces exist and why it's perceived as a virtue to essentially plop hot vinegar on all your food. I don't get it but more power to you, dude

I wanted to add: hot sauce/food tricks your body I into thinking it's, well, hot which makes you sweat. So, in other words, hot sauce helps you cool down when it's hot outside.

And makes you smell like a Footlocker employee's nightmares

It's also been shown to work as an effective appetite supressant. If I'm hungry for junk food I'll usually just heat up a tortilla with some habenaro or ghost pepper sauce on it. It's a tasty low cal snack and the heat makes further food cravings go down

Always remind me of Steak N' Shake

not hot at all

LOL raw pepper activist! Thanks for the offer but Ill just go with sauce for now.

fair enough, but i urge anyone else out there to try them. i can eat a whole jar in one sitting, but they get pretty expensive doing that.

You're like a chili purist haha I'm looking for more a sauce for seasoning boring foods, less so for the pure heat!

Kek

I'm a former opioid addict and I carry various peppers and hot sauces with me all day. Even if I'm eating a poptart or whatever to get an extra 200 calories I'll make it spicy.