Why is this stuff so effing good? it's like swiss, but different

why is this stuff so effing good? it's like swiss, but different.

Didn't we just have this thread? And then some guy from a slave state got butthurt and started telling everyone to go to /pol/

>turning Jarlsberg into a meme

Have you no shame, Veeky Forums?

jarlsberg is fancy cheese for poor people
get better taste

This is the most idiotic thing I've read today.
GTFO

t. butt hurt flyover

>live in the middle of the country
>planes literally fly over coastal regions so I can get my imported cheese
sorry nuflyover
t. American

is it yahrelsberg or earls-berg? this is why i can't go to the deli to order it since idk how to pronounce it

>implying swiss cheese isn't tasteless garbage

Yahrlsberg
I'm Norwegian, btw.

You're not trying the right stuff then.

Sorry, wrong again, retard.

not talking about actual cheeses from switzerland, genius. I'm talking about the americlap abomination called "swiss cheese" that's supposed to emulate said cheeses

smoked gouda. lightly toasted mini croissant. latte. orange juice.

people like you are the reason white people get made fun of for having bland taste

Why do americans insist on discussing cheese, a subject they know literally nothing about?

As a yuropoor I know better than to discuss guns and obesity, two things I rarely see.

nyoro~n

I currently live in Norway and I just don't see the popularity of Jarlsberg. It's like a mix of Emmentaler/Gouda, both rather bland cheeses in their own right. And I even had the aged variety.

Do non-coastal americans actually think we send them decent products? I am pretty sure we Europeans just send them the consumer shit. The "President" brie and whatnot.

>President brie

I have american friends who loves that crap. The only reason you find that piece of shit brand in european stores is because tourists buy it.

Thank you, flyovers have just started getting basic european import cheese. It's kind of cute to be honest.

>why is this stuff so effing good?
Propionic acid from bacteria during fermentation.

America makes the best cheeses on the planet user.
Why dont you take a look at who is winning all the awards ?
The french are so upset that they are trying to get american cheeses banned from competition.
Yurobutthurt is intense .
Where there is more money, the products are better.

I like Jarlsberg. I put thin slices on toast, top it with fried egg. Very delicious. Not the greatest cheese, but for the price and what I use it for it's perfectly fine.

Made me kek.

Care to share a link to one of these international cheese competitions?

Actually I think he's right on. If your entire experience with cheese is what can be found in an American supermarket Jarlsberg will seem like one of the better cheeses you've tasted. Because for an industrially produced mass market product it isn't too bad.

But when you compare it to really good traditionally made cheeses Jarlsberg is really just a small step up from grated yellow American cheese.