This burger contains beef, bacon, blue cheese, grilled onions, some green stuff, and barbecue sauce

This burger contains beef, bacon, blue cheese, grilled onions, some green stuff, and barbecue sauce.

What beer would you pair with it?

Would pair with anything

amber ale. maybe a pilsner

IPA if you're a faggot.

I'm in a frat so I'm an expert on beer

Probably nothing because that looks like a gut bomb and I don't need anything else expanding in my stomach least of all 12 oz of co2. Also it is probably lunch, the only time I order stuff like that is lunchtime when I go out for the obligatory lunch with pick manchild coworkers who can't enjoy anything other than hamburgers and pizza, and it isn't my goal to get drunk at lunch. I might get an espresso afterwards to counter the mental impact of a huge wad of fried potatoes and hamburger grease sitting in my gut, slowing me down all afternoon.

FYI, beer doesn't really "pair" with anything, at best there are some strongly flavored salted things that can be eaten with beer, such as nuts or fried pork skins dusted with whatever random stale spice mix your bartender found stashed under the drain.

inb4 obese alcoholics argue that they can pound a six pack at lunch and no one will notice

autism

A beer. Stop being so pretentious. It's beer. It'll never be wine.

You're trying to tell that to a generation of people who don't know how to interact with the world without a touch screen interface. They're accustomed to looking up "what kind of drink can I order at the bar without looking like a retard" before they even set foot outside

Of course they are going to fabricate ridiculous rules about pairing brands of beer with different kinds of hamburger toppings. This should surprise no one.

There's even a certificate you can buy to show your friends that you're definitely not a pleb.

Cue 100 neckbeards saying we have the craft beer now, are you living in the south.

>It'll never be wine
>wine is pretentious

It's funny how many Americans have this attitude.

I think what he's getting at is that different wines have a ton of different flavors, and they're in there plain as day for anyone to taste them, whereas beer is just malty, hoppy, and fizzy, with the differences in beer being basically how hoppy, how malty, how fizzy.

Beer is, essentially, kind of in competition with the food since it's basically a kind of food in its own right. Sure you can kind of say "oh yeah this strain of hops has a sort of grapefruit aroma" but it's a stretch at 120 minutes and a single variety of grapefruit forward hops, let alone a standard beer with a mix of hops and a shorter boil where you're basically just talking out of your ass if you pretend it tastes like a specific food other than "beer".

On the other hand, the wrong wine will legitimately make some food taste bad.

So pairing beer is pretentious, because it is based on the false premise that beer can be made more "fancy" by making it "more like the fancy wine". It shows a complete failure to understand why people talk about wine pairings. Like it's just some hocus pocus designed to make you feel dumb.

The beer you like drinking.
/thread

A pilsner. Something that heavy needs something light to help between bites.

>beer doesn't really "pair" with anything.

Yeah, okay. So you don't know anything beyond budweiser and smirinoff, and you think that's it for beer. There is a whole host of beers that range from light to tongue coating, sweet to bitter, frothy to flat, and everything in between. Then there's the beers with things added in beyond just regular hops and grains, there's plenty there to say that one beer pairs better with fish (a shandy) or a steak (a lager)

tl;dr you have shit taste.

This goes for you too, dickbeard.

>zomg beer comes in slightly different kinds let's go full autismo and pretend it's something it's not
Yes I get it, you discovered beer that isn't bud light, how unique! Go apply for your cicerone license and make stupid faces while squinting at your 'craft beer' (or as everyone else calls it, 'beer')

>can't tell the difference between types of beer
You poor thing. What's it like to have dead taste buds?

I just told you the differences up here You are still severely overstating their relevance where food is concerned

i would just drink the cup of ranch they serve it with

>american detected
Try a Kriek with your oysters instead of the porter, and then come tell us the difference is overstated.

>lalalalalala the thing I like is better no matter what
>lalalalala not reading your posts before I respond

First, anonymous board, can't tell who you are, except someone who's bored as well and wants to have something to pass the time.

Second, you are understating their relevance with food; beer pairings do exist. Just because you get pbr or maybe a guiness doesn't mean there isn't more depth to them. And actual measurable depth, not that made up bullshit people say about wine to make up for the fact they spent a thousand dollars on a bottle of vinegar. Plus you completely discount beers that are fermented with other ingredients beyond the grains and hops.

I'll be the first to admit beer is just adult soda, but that doesn't mean certain beers don't or do match with certain foods. Drinking something intensely hoppy isn't going to go well with a sweet dessert for instance.

Nothing goes better with a burger than a nice balanced APA.

>if you don't have exactly the same opinions as me you've never had muh CRAFT beer
I get it, you're very special, you can stop acting like the huge spergtastic neckbeard who has a "collection" of "rare" beer empties cluttering every shelf at home

Nice strawman.

Maybe if you had an actual argument beyond MUH OPINIONS, we could have some discourse, but too bad.

Come back when you have an actual argument instead of name calling.

>posting ridiculous straw man about only drinking muh pissbeer
>strawmanning not allowed
Oh sure, now it's bad now that you're on the receiving end

>doesn't know what a strawman is
>makes dumb posts
Nigga, you almost made me smile.

>It's only a straw man when others do it
Lel