Why is it that a gastronomic abortion suddenly becomes an exalted cultural achievement when it's served by and consumed...

Why is it that a gastronomic abortion suddenly becomes an exalted cultural achievement when it's served by and consumed within your home town?

Chicago is no exception, people will literally fight you if you don't say the right things about their favorite greasy garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VrKHgNXsTYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nowt wrong we a pea mix from local chippy my duck, cant beat local food

I think you meant to post some 'go 'yle 'za.

because people like their hometowns. Also Dina's wings are pretty fucking good.

holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with chicago

inb4 niggers, there are huge numbers of black people in my city and we aren't a falluja-tier war zone

Short answer: It's the niggers.

Long answer: It's the niggers, friend.

Reminder that progun is the mod and will ban everyone ITT for saying anything against chicago

Post good things about chicago or do not post at all

>gastronomic abortion

anyone who believes that there is 'junk food' and 'gourmet food' or 'healthy food' and 'unhealthy food', that there is such a thing as a 'gastronomic abortion' even when made with care, is a fucking culinary sophomore shitcunt.

>all food should get a participation medal, acknowledging differences in quality is pretentious
The midwest is basically the special olympics but for food

>chicken with sauce
>gastronomic abortion

haha okay dude, might be time for you to take a break.

ITT: triggered nu-males

You know how you're ok with the smell of your own fresh steaming pile of shit?

protip: "they're really good when you're shitfaced" is not a recommendation

yeah, but 'go 'gers are doing something different if every major city has them, but yours are way worse.

the reason they're popular bar food is not because you need to be drunk to eat them

whoever said that?
when the fuck has anyone ever said that wings are only good when you're drunk?
its just white meat from chicken, and then whatever stupid sauce you like.

did you watch your mom get raped by a wings competition eaters in front of you, being able to smell the wing sauce on his fingers?

>if you are super stoned they are amazing and I can eat like 300
Wow, another great recommendation friend-o. Remind me to ask you to be a reference.

ew, i don't do drugs
you're implication was pretty stupid

true, they're popular because they used to be really cheap and so bars would feed people a huge heap of disgusting slimy boiled wings drenched in hot sauce

then they got expensive but if you're the kind of person who thinks nothing of spending $50 on beers to watch team sports in a dark room with strangers, obviously spending $15 on a plate of slimy boiled chicken wings drenched in hot sauce isn't much of an issue in the name of "tradition"

>wings are boiled

smoked wings are pretty god tier.

Who's more pretentious? Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, or Veeky Forums?

>when you're stoned
You forgot to finish your sentence, junkie

it's not garlic wings, but looks pretty good. please don't hit me. lol

>slimy

what

do you just not like wing meat or something

they're deep fried

>drenched

this is just a dysphemism for coating something in a sauce. there's nothing wrong with that.

>pretentious
>95% of the board is shitposting, jack, how to live off ramen and fastfood

Veeky Forums

The worst pseudo-intellectual circlejerk I've ever seen

Veeky Forums is about as pretentious as a garbage bag salesman convention

I have almost 100 image (and webm) me5's pictured, and hide replies to hidden posts.
That cuck and his threads are distant history.

Thanks for your valuable input, /pol/

>the best wings in northeast ohio
OH BOY, NORTHEAST OHIO?

216 represent. I live a few miles away from Dina's

We have a surprisingly bustling food culture. ie the only thing to do here is to eat and watch the cavs lose

>the only thing to do here is to eat
That's the entire midwest, your tiny chunk is not special.

the great lakes and midwest region are distinct. Cleveland is a great lakes city. It'd be like calling Rochester a midwest city

what do non flyovers do?

play disc golf with hipsters from the fair trade organic coffee shop?

Literally eat and go to work until they move out or die.

It's fashion. Some folks assume fashion only operates at the high end, the fine dining and haute couture realm. But fashion operates on a pedestrian level too. There it tends to be regional. Look at the 20th Century. It started out with hot dogs, then chili. In some places the popularity of the French bread sandwich gave us everything from the Italian hoagie to the cheese steak, to the Italian beef to the French dip to the meatball parm. By the time the burger and fries became the main fast food item Americanized Chinese food had escaped from Chinatown, and became a takeout standard across the country. Shortly after pizza and burritos made it to the hinterland. By the end of the Century Asian imports like sushi, pho, ramen and banh mi were making waves.

Wings escaped from Buffalo during the 80's, and have been spreading explosively ever since. It's a matter of fashion. They're popular now.

I hardly think 'go 'gers can be held responsible for gun violence

He meant 'go 'gers not a 'go 'yle 'ger.

>Living LITERALLY ANYWHERE but Buffalo
>Thinking your wings aren't disgusting shit sticks

Are people this retarded?

>'go 'yle 'ger

You forgot drinking. We brew some pretty great beers up here.

>Buffalo wings were invented in Buffalo
Keep dreaming, faggot.

They may be deep fried early in the process but by the time they're getting people putting their grubby germ fingers all over the heap , the wings are just formless goo that smell like distilled vinegar and taste like Andy Capo's hot fries

No one legitimately enjoys them, they just collectively agreed that eating them is an obligatory group ritual and to dislike that openly is tantamount to self-ostracism

Same thing as everyone else

How can a trend from 30 years ago be spreading explosively?

it's bait.

the post is, I mean.

"""""""""""""""""""""""junkie""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Simple. 40 years ago they were a very regional novelty bar snack in Western NY. 30 years ago people in other parts of the country found out about them. Just over a decade ago pizza joints got in on the wings act, so pretty much anyone could have bad wings delivered along with equally bad pizza. Today we have a chain restaurant dedicated to wings with over a thousand locations.

I'd call that explosive growth. And the price of wings has shot up as a result. They are no longer cheap.

What is the Anchor Bar, Alex?

>Thinking anywhere else but Buffalo invented what everyone else calls BUFFALO WINGS

Keep on dreaming, you deluded faggot. What has your mudhole city contributed to cooking?

I think that's more a problem with Chicago people than normal people.

this is literally objectively legit how the british talk

ITS A GO STYLE ZA

I'm not sure what you're saying, but if you're saying buffalo new york contributed to cooking that's like saying three mile island contributed to nuclear energy

Beef on weck ain't bad, either.

Chiavetta’s chicken bbq taste like summer to me. I love it.

they can't even speak their own damn language smdh

choppedcheese.jpg

Can you guys who know about it tell me why people who live where they sell chopped cheese get so up in arms about people from richer neighborhoods buying chopped cheese?

>formless goo

Are you eating boneless wings or something?

Tell me what city you live in so I can show you the stats mate, they'll surprise you

I love me some 'go" 'style" "'za'

>'go 'ger

I laughed, fuck you.

>They may be deep fried early in the process

it's the penultimate stage in the process, very shortly before they hit the table

colorado, cheba hut.

as if throwing on a million random disgusting toppings on a loaf of bread makes it 'dank' when it's really something a hog would eat.

Watch while their wives Fuck the hell out of their black boyfriends and shit post about midwestern states having no culture.

New York

You're memeing way too hard, it's obvious now.

Rochester NY

It's just pride in one's home. Are you this weird about supporting a local sport team as well?

you've obviously never been to philly

Any city that was well established before the start of the 20th Century will have it's classic junk food dishes, which are usually a short order cook's attempt to reconcile some immigrant flavors to the local taste. These flavors were often German, Italian and Greek, because the Irish sure as fuck weren't bringing any interesting flavors with them..

boiled potato is a flavor

Thanks greeks for cincinnati chili

Who do I have to blame for the chow mein sandwich?

Where the hell is the burger? A classic garbage plate has dogs and a burger.

I prefer my chili on raman, no joke.

>been away for a while
>wonder what weird asian puke bean sounding memefood this new "go'za" shitposting is about
>it's just the fucking chicaGO pizZA again

damn dude you gotta share your recipe for 'go 'za with me

That doesn't even look like chow mein, it just looks like a pile of fried wonton strips drowning in sauce.

/v/ here

going to spread this 'go 'za meme EVERYWHERE. thanks for the dank meme!

chicago is the greatest city on earth. it deserves more memes.

>no such thing as unhealthy food
tastes like bait

someone pls

any city where lack people are actively eliminating eachother is indeed a wonderful place

is there any food pushed harder than 'go 'za? i cant think of any other city/hometown food that entices such emotion

I don't have a clue or give a fuck, I'm not American.
Go eat your tomato soups and pepperoni crackers in peace you drama queens.

>im not american
>therefore i have no cities with famous food

wow. the rest of the world sucks

>famous food of major American cities
>trash versions of European food

ok? that wasnt what my original post was about. learn to read

I read gogurts

>this absolutely devastated yuro poster longing to be an American typed from a shipping-container somewhere out of a ww2 crater on the European country side

Chicago style hot dogs may be the best regional food in America. Rest of the country is mad

You sound like someone who has only ever eaten shitty chicken wings before. Allow me to blow your mind, friend: youtu.be/VrKHgNXsTYU

fuck me those look good

There's no other kind and your video only proves it.

if you don't like chicken wings you are objectively a faggot.

>he doesn't understand the effects of pressure cooking

LOL, sup summerfag?

no you fucking idiot

unless it's actually poison i.e: outside the bounds of edibility calling food 'unhealthy' is retarded, it's all nutritive

>gastronomic abortion
what
you mean the chicken?

t. it's genetics guy
PS not fat, just bulking

>that bread

i still dont get it. seriously you took the good stuff from all the world for your cuisine america, but you still use this sad excuse for bread..

i