What's the best tasting fish? I heard fish is really healthy and I want to start eating it...

What's the best tasting fish? I heard fish is really healthy and I want to start eating it. I tried tilapia but it tasted like dirt.

For a starter, you should go with white flesh fish, then try blue fish, and so on until you reach to the patrician top and start eating sea urchin and other delicacies.

snook, fresh tuna, salmon

This.

Start with different white fish: cod, haddock, etc.

If you don't like "fishy" stuff, salmon and trout will be tough.

Sea Bass
Ahi
Monkfish
Anchovy

Catch and clean your own.

Swai is cheap and tastes 100× better than tilapia.

>I tried tilapia but it tasted like dirt.

that's because most tilapia is farmed and used as a trash fish. they usually farm other, more valuable fish which get fed regular feed, and use the tilapia as clean up to eat uneaten feed and first fish feces.

the only decent way to make tilapia worth eating is to bread and fry it

shit tier fish (literally)

Only fatty fish is "healthy". I'm not aware of any specific health benefits conferred by fish other than through its fats. However, most fish is very high in vitamin B12 and vitamin D compared to other animal products, so for people looking to reduce their intake of animal-derived foods, regular fish consumption (in place of other animals) is a good way to do so without having to supplement or be concerned about nutritional status.

The tastiest fishes are mackerel from a can and herring in brine

I once ate a carp that I cought and it's taste was pretty much as OP described. Is there any way to make carp enjoyable without going full polish?

You really believe that the tastiest fish either comes out of a can or a jar?

Have you really never had fresh fish before?

carp is a trash fish. prob the best way i've ever tried it was it getting chunked up, pressure cooked so all the bones went soft like canned fish, then cooked up like salmon croquetts.

Is Mahi good?

Thanks bro. How much time did you cook it until it when soft?

Lots of people really like it; I've personally never thought it was anything special.

i didn't make it, but was told how it was made. i think they said it was cooked for an hour. i bet you could use canning times for fish.

What is crawfish? Or salmon as gravlax, cod/haddock/rock fried, rollmops aka marinated herring, tasteless tuna, octopus and cuttlefish boiled or fried, smoked eel either sprats in oil - all have some different qualities in taste palate but I prefer chargrilled then jellied lampreys over all fish!

Marinated anchovies

>13 j'aime

Fucking French and their need to translate everything. Is "likes" really that difficult?

But what did he do with the anchovies after they were marinated?

fish is yucky OP just eat stuff that tastes good

I once saw a bunch of black people on pontoon boats fighting over dead floating carps in Lake eerie. that is a good indicator of what fish you shouldn't eat.

flounder and halibut r gud

this. my brother and i used to go fish at the local dam. the thing was full of huge carp. some doughbait and you'd catch carp all day long. they were fun.

one day we were fishing for catfish, getting impatient so we switched to carp fishing. a couple of older black women had their strawhats and zebcos going, but not catching anything. we started pulling in huge carp. then we threw them back. i thought those black women were going to have a heart attack. one of them asked why we threw them back, and told her we just caught them for fun. she asked if she could have them.

so we gave her and her sister the next five we caught. must have been over fifty pounds of carp there. the got up and went right home to start cleaning and cooking them.

then there was that time we were using a bread and strawberry pop bait. a black kid and his grandpa were fishing and saw us catch a couple of catfish on it. the kid came over and asked what we were using for bait, so we gave him some. a very short while later he came back over and asked for some more. was surprised, since a little lasts us quite a while. asked if they were catching a lot. he answered no, but his grandpa ate the bait.

black people...